• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Custom machined Audiovox CCS-100 mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skyway ..... I am sorry for the last minute. But if I Paypal the $$ can you get mine out to powder coat as well? I'll Paypal it to you on Sunday after I hear from you.

Skyway ..... I am sorry for the last minute. But if I Paypal the $$ can you get mine out to powder coat as well? I'll Paypal it to you on Sunday after I hear from you.
PM sent. I'm sure it will be ok to have powder coating done at any time by Gary. I'm just trying to save his time by doing a batch, as apposed to 1 at a time.

Please please PLEASE make sure you are adding all of your details I requested at the start of this thread when sending funds via check or paypal. Else your CC pad will be sitting in gravity, instead of in my mount for an extended period of time. :D

Here's the UPS tracking # to Gary's address, for all the guys who have requested powdercoating. ;)

1Z465T5T1296075354

All current orders shipped as well. PM with UPS tracking# arriving shortly.

If you did not recieve a pm with a UPS tracking # and have sent funds for a mount, then please let me know. Some PM's are vanishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Skyway -

First, THANK YOU for doing this. Really. I'm buying you the beverage of your choice and a cigar in Reno.

Second - can you give us some stats? How many were ordered, mix of left/right, how many went for powder coating?

Thanks !

(Enquiring minds want to know !!)

16 left side. 0 right side. 8 for powdercoating.

This does not include the folks who have funds in transit.

Hey Skyway - 
First,  THANK YOU for doing this.  Really.  I'm buying you the beverage of your choice and a cigar in Reno.
I'll take you up on the drink, but me no smokey. Turbodave98 maybe? :D

Skyway - I received my mount today -

And it is a thing of beauty. I'm thinking a coat or two of clear to protect it.

Exquisite.

And I don't know that TurboDave's doctor will let him have a cigar - but if he wants one, he's got it !!

See you in Reno.

Skyway -  I received my mount today - 
And it is a thing of beauty.  I'm thinking a coat or two of clear to protect it. 

Exquisite. 

And I don't know that TurboDave's doctor will let him have a cigar -  but if he wants one,  he's got it !!

See you in Reno.
I knew you would be the first to recieve, which is only fitting since you were the first to jump in. I'm glad you like it, though you will appreciate the design and finish more once when you see it mounted up on your FJR. Waiting sucks BTW. :angry:

Clearcoat will preserve the raw billet aluminum machining VS. paint which will take away that effect. It will be intresting to see what different finishes everyone ends up with. If you go with just clear coat, that makes 4 variations that I'm aware of.

The local powder coating place here also offers a clear coat. Not sure if it's baked on or just like paint.

FYI, I have received those beautiful CC brackets and I plan to powdercoat them this weekend. They should then be shipped out Monday.

The process works like this - they get a thorough washing to get any cutting fluid off them, then a prebake to make sure they are dry, then they get bead blasted to condition the surface, then they get powdercoated, then they get lovingly baked until I hear the ding (375° for 25 mins.) - just like my wife's cookies... :rolleyes:

Mine arrived today (Friday) and it is sweet! Nicely done, sir.

I forget to request to have mine powder coated. Gary, will you accept a single mount for powder coating?

- will you accept a single mount for powder coating?
sure, send me the brackets along with $12 and I will coat them and get them back to you...

Gary Crowley

61 Johnsmith Rd.

Binghamton, NY 13901

Thanks! It looks like I'm off to the post office today... eight inches of new snow means no riding for a few days anyway!

FYI, the 8 sets of brackets that were sent to me from skyway have all been coated and will be shipped out tomorrow via USPS Priority mail. They should all arrive by the weekend. They came out nice... B)

FYI, the 8 sets of brackets that were sent to me from skyway have all been coated and will be shipped out tomorrow via USPS Priority mail. They should all arrive by the weekend. They came out nice... B)
Got any picci's?

Cool! Having it in time for the weekend means it's time to take the bike out of service for some mods. Gotta stop riding and start wrenching. Sure glad I procrastinated on the CC install so I could get one of these ultra cool mount brackets. Thanks again, guys! :clap: :clap: :clap: