D&H deliveries

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRrambo

Reaction score
I may have overlooked it but I didn't see D&H on the lists Tony provided. Someone mentioned they had received a few bikes, though. Probably March bikes. Has anyone who was told they had an April bike taken delivery yet? If so, what number were you? I was told I was 17 out of 33 for April and haven't heard anything yet.

Thought I read something around here recently that only D&H's first 16 FJRs would be arriving soon. The rest won't get to D&H until November or so.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to Renaa this morning. I am 21 out of 32 for April. She couldn't give me a date but indicated that it is likely my unit will be delivered sometime this month. They have 3 units now, to satisfy the 3 March orders, and 7 more definitely in transit. She said in past years they can get multiple shipments a week, with just one, or as many as 7 bikes per shipment, but that is about all she has to go on. Amazing how in the dark Yamaha leaves their dealers.

Renaa also said that they have not received any side panniers yet. And once again, she was vague as to when they would start showing up. Since I will be riding my bike back to Washington state, I need the panniers, so even if my bike does show up, I will not be picking it up until the bags are in too.

Hope this little bit of info helps others who are on D & H's list.

aldrichster....thanks for the update. I am in the same boat and definitely need the side bags. Looks like the first week in May might be a safe bet for planning purposes. If the bikes come in a little earlier, I don't imagine they would get too upset holding on to them a few days.

And for ScooterG, :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I talked to D&H today. They said that four FJRs had just arrived. They couldn't tell me at the time where I was in the Que.

Someone is going to get the good news soon.

You guys picking up your bikes up at D&H, lemme know when, I'm in Birmingham. If it's a week-end, I may can meet you there to help with a break-in run. And/or, if you need a ride there from Birmingham, I guess I can suffer a ride in the cage if it's more than one person... I'm 60 miles from D&H via super-slab. If you need to overnight, I may can put you up at my cabin on Smith Lake... it's about 40 minutes from D&H via Hwy. 278 (a fun road). April 21-23 is excluded as that's AMA SuperBike week-end & my sis and bro-in-law have the cabin for that week-end (and I'll be at the races, duh).

SouthernFJR,

That's a very generous offer but I expect many of the 50-60 people picking up their new FJRs from D&H will be flying into Birmingham. I can't imagine many of those bikes being sold to the locals. You could start your own small business providing transportation and housing for those new buyers.

Being the local expert, what are some other options for someone flying into Birmingham? What is the best mode of transportation to get to Cullman from Birmingham? Is it best to get transportation to Birmingham and find a motel there or is it better to stay in Birmingham?

Cabs run $75. from Bham airport to Cullman. Enterprise car rental has a drop off 2 miles from D&H. Rental is cheap but there is a $50. drop off charge.

SouthernFJR,

Thanks, that's a great offer! I may want to take you up on that transportation offer. Will pay gas (both ways) for you and would like to hear info on places to stay in Cullman for one night at mid-week.

SouthernFJR

Thanks for the really nice offer. I will be one of those pusses that will be trailering the bike home. I just had back surgery and still wearing a brace. I am going to listen to the doc for a change and not ride until its off.

I am assuming that you bought your FJR from D&H?

Yep... maybe I should re-think 50-60 round trips to Cullman. :dribble: I really don't mind making a few runs though.

I'm not sure of the best places to stay in Cullman... Jerol and Renae can probably help with that. I'm pretty sure that D&H has picked up FJR buyers at the Birmingham airport. I'm also willing to help.

I did not buy my bike at D&H... I didn't know about them until after the purchase. I've been there a couple of times, Jerol & Renae are stand up folks.

If any of you are picking up this week-end, the AMA Supebike races are this week-end in B'ham.

You guys picking up your bikes up at D&H, lemme know when, I'm in Birmingham. If it's a week-end, I may can meet you there to help with a break-in run. And/or, if you need a ride there from Birmingham, I guess I can suffer a ride in the cage if it's more than one person... I'm 60 miles from D&H via super-slab. If you need to overnight, I may can put you up at my cabin on Smith Lake... it's about 40 minutes from D&H via Hwy. 278 (a fun road). April 21-23 is excluded as that's AMA SuperBike week-end & my sis and bro-in-law have the cabin for that week-end (and I'll be at the races, duh).
Thanks for the great offer. I have a FJR ordered from them that I'm guessing will be in late May.

I do want to clarify one thing in your post. You say that if there is more than one of us, you would be willing on picking us up by car. Does this mean that if there is only one of us we have to ride "bitch" on the back of your FJR to get up there? :bleh:

All kidding aside, I appreciate the insight on the area. Jarold said he would pick my up at the airport, but realistically, I'm guessing that it all depends on the timing and how busy he is. I don't have a problem renting a car and paying the drop fee if I have to. I'm still saving a buttload of money AND I get to have a mini-vacation at the same time!!! :D