Deal or No Deal? Opinions appreciated

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastorgumby

Reaction score
Hello FJR forum! I'm on a hunt to find an affordable, nice FJR. Deal or no deal?

2004 FJR w/ ABS: 27,629 miles, cerulean silver, original owner, very good condition, all service records, new sealed battery, new rear tire.

Side cases with liners, color matched Givi topcase with liner, Corbin Dual Canyon seat, heated Russell DayLong seat, Second Look tank skin, Throttlemeister bar ends, BMW touring grips (heated with heattroller), wired Yamaha FJR tankbag, Blue Sea aux. fuse block, Datel digital voltmeter, dash and vest powerlets (BMW style power outlets, one on relay , one hot), V-Strom handguards, stainless steel Chrome-it heat fix, Lenk-adapter handlebar risers, Helmet Guardian helmet holder, four windshields; stock, Rifle, Givi, V-Stream. Inspected until June 2010.

Dropped the price to $6500- as it needs a new front tire within 2k miles.

I'm almost there! Thanks in advance for you opinions and musings. :rolleyes:

peace,

pastorgumby

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the sellers name and phone number?...........I'll make sure he's on the level for you. :evilsmiley03:

Not a ticker... and no i'm not sharing info :blink:

The owner is a real nice guy, pretty anal about taking care of his rides. He broke his knee playing hockey, and wouldn't have sold it this soon.

I'm planning on meeting him Friday somewhere half way - he's an hour and half away in another state. I'm psyched! My wife, i'm sure, will attempt to murder, mangle, mutilate me :assassin: -- as i had 4 bikes, sold one recently, and trying to sell 2 more. (06 Suzuki burgman 400 & '92 honda st11000 if you're interested)

I don't know how to post pics here, or i would've shown you a few of his hi-res shots.

THANKS FOR THE CONFIRMATION!

I'll keep ya'll posted.

peace

No deal that guy is nuts, anyone who has put so much time effort and energy into his bike has way too much time and money on his hands, offer him 5K$, heck he spent nearly that amount on windscreens!

Getting something as great as an FJR always makes it a great deal, even if you pay retail!

Last September I paid $4850 for my 03 with a reconstructed title, 18,500 miles, and it only came with two seats and two windscreens, and no bags, love the bike and have not regretted the purchase for a second, not even when I had to replace the front rotors because they were the wrong size. It just turned 30K and has been strong, forgiving, consistent, and a great companion.