Death Valley Wildflower ride----Socal edition........

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best of fun, silliness and homophobic fat boys to everyone

Sure wish I was there to remodel LongStreet with ya .....and riding DV ain't all that bad either. Bring back some good pics and stories for the rest of us.

Best of fun, silliness and homophobic fat boys to everyone
Sure wish I was there to remodel LongStreet with ya .....and riding DV ain't all that bad either. Bring back some good pics and stories for the rest of us.
Likewise & Ditto from The Stanley Boys. We wish we could be riding Death Valley with you fine folks. But we're flying to Florida to see RadioHowie and Disney World!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I just read the weather forecast right? According to weatherunderground.com, the forecast for Saturday in Amargosa Springs will be 38% with a 40% chance of precipitation, including SNOW!!

Is it cold there now, for the folks who are arriving this afternoon?

Jill, weather dot com currently (14:05 Thurs) shows 53 degrees, zero % chance of precip tonight with an overnight low of 35. 65 is the forecast high for tomorrow followed by an overnight low of 42 and 10 % chance of precipitation. If you don't like one web site's forecast there is always another!

Do you know when you and Andy are leaving in the a.m. and by which route? I think we will take off around 06:30 h which would put us in Shoshone a bit early. Alternatively, we might decide to go 14/178/190 and run though the park before lunch. Roughly 80-90 miles longer but I do not much care for I15 or Baker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill, weather dot com currently (14:05 Thurs) shows 53 degrees, zero % chance of precip tonight with an overnight low of 35. 65 is the forecast high for tomorrow followed by an overnight low of 42 and 10 % chance of precipitation. If you don't like one web site's forecast there is always another!
Do you know when you and Andy are leaving in the a.m. and by which route? I think we will take off around 06:30 h which would put us in Shoshone a bit early. Alternatively, we might decide to go 14/178/190 and run though the park before lunch. Roughly 80-90 miles longer but I do much care for I15 or Baker.

LOL! I've been touring the weather sites, in search of one with a favorable forecast. Right now, Andy is alternately inputting data versus cursing at his GPS. This may result in all kinds of routes! The most likely is I-5 to the 14 then 213 to Trona and 127 to Death Valley. I'd like to be on the road before 5am but that remains open for debate.

clear and cool here with the sun setting on the patio planning vancover/bonniville salt flat/vegas trip with richard,roy,steve and myself.off to drink and gamble.

It was mean't for CAJW but everyone is welcome...
R
R,

Thanks for the invite. I'm supposed to be riding a trial on that date, but will ping you if plans change. BTW, that is RIDE a trial, not BE on trial.

My Beta 270

Beta001-1.jpg

We have a room for firday nite, nothing yet for sat .nite.. were on wait list for a cancelation ..

we plan to leave am tomorrow , see you there in the afternoon.

we will go through 29 palms and cut across to baker.

my cell 1s 818-251-0533.. we had to wait till the last minute because of work.. but we were coming :yahoo:

The weather is wonderful, no Denny's this time either :bad: :lol:

Rode to Dantes View, was the only one there for a good 30 minutes, watched the sun set, pretty damn nice.

Made it back to Longstreet after dark in time for dinner and beat Fairlaner at pool!

Ahh yess, the good life! :yahoo:

This is to make the norCal attendees feel even better: it's RAINING pretty hard right now in the northern part of the state, and has been raining here in the foothills most of the day.

The weather is wonderful, no Denny's this time either :bad: :lol: Rode to Dantes View, was the only one there for a good 30 minutes, watched the sun set, pretty damn nice.

Made it back to Longstreet after dark in time for dinner and beat Fairlaner at pool!

Ahh yess, the good life! :yahoo:
yowza, paint me envious. Thanks for the update!