DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, fjrchik....didn't they tell you that the delivery trucks got lost somewhere over the mexican border? They are stuck on the otherside waiting on paperwork from customs to come back into america. Of, course, there may not be a whole lot left in them trucks after customs gets through with them.....haha.
It will be so nice to get the bike, mostly so I don't have to read posts this anymore! :p :D

When you get the bike it will be part of the frame and some hardware. They might leave the glove box cover for you, too. Of course, this won't happen for a couple of months.

fjrchik---congratulations on your new Blue. I have no doubt that you will be the fastest chic in the West. :clap:

Saturday ride: I think Jim has fallen off the radar screen. ;)

Maybe Jim is too busy out riding. I'll check back this evening before calling it a night to see if we get anything firmed up. I've got to be back in the mid cities by noon to see my girl's soccer game.

fjrchik---congratulations on your new Blue. I have no doubt that you will be the fastest chic in the West.  :clap:
Saturday ride: I think Jim has fallen off the radar screen.  ;)
Thanks babe! Preciate cha!! Pretty freakin excited here!

Yeah, where is stretch?? Does he know we're back on??

Jim!!! O Jim.... there's a meetin bein planned here.

And Bouncey - where are ya? If I wasn't workin I'd ask to be a passenger on this little outing. I wanna ride so bad.

Odot - leave it alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stop scratching it, fjrchik.....can you maybe prescribe a lotion or something?

:dribble:

umm...hemerrhoid cream doesn't need a prescription dude!

just drink it away! it's the best.

fjrchik, are you in the March group or the April group? When Tony called me a while back and said I was set for a March delivery I offered to trade down to April since March was crazy busy for me. Now I'm wondering if maybe I should have kept my spot. Guess it'll all work itself out soon enough. Can't wait to make my trip to Texarkana!

ZZZZzzzzzz...

[sNORT]

HUH! Whaaa? Did someone say something?

...clickity click back through the thread...

way to go tripletango!

...click...

Oh... I get it. Sorry already have riding plans tomorrow (Sat) AM. Izzy and I will be heading out with some Wingsters on a mystery ride. I even cleaned the bike some so they wouldn't park too far away from us. :lol:

fjrchik, are you in the March group or the April group? When Tony called me a while back and said I was set for a March delivery I offered to trade down to April since March was crazy busy for me. Now I'm wondering if maybe I should have kept my spot. Guess it'll all work itself out soon enough. Can't wait to make my trip to Texarkana!
march group. i ordered on the first day possible as did tony. they'll prolly start coming fast and furious real soon!

Oh, you would throw a movie moniker in there wouldn't you, fjrchik. Let me guess....biker boys will be in your next post. :lol:

oops. I got pretty busy at work yesterday after that last post and was just worn out by the time I got home last evening. Tired enought I didn't even think about gettin online. Guess it is too late now. Maybe just a tad more lead time. Oh well, stuff is calling me now. Will check here later today.

Cheers.

Had a great ride today. Cloud cover kept the temps moderated to only slightly over 80°. We had 40 bikes[1] show up. This made the average pace a little lower than Izzy and I care for[2]. We went down to a car show taking some good roads. Had lunch, looked at the cars, and then said our goodbys so we could take a different route back and pick up the pace just a little[3].

[1] many with 2 riders

[2] which is about 2 warp factors slower than most of you animals

[3] anything's better than the -20 that the some of the people[4] in the lead group forced the other 4 groups to endure

[4] half of group one wicked it up while the other half just poked along but wouldn't wave the other groups past. it's a new chapter and a lot of new riders. we later agreed[5] that they shouldn't have lead[6].

[5] amongst ourselves

[6[ DUUUUUH!

But at least the food sucked and the service was slow!

Question for you dfw folk. Where do you go for your maintenance? Scheduled maintenance and what not. I am in need of a rear wheel change....want the avon that lasts a long time. I used to get about 12k out of my rear on my harley. Kind of want the same with my feejer. :blink:

dude, go to cycle gear for your tire. they have great prices and will mount and balance tire for ya. they just had a coupon in last week's catalog for 20% off!

as for maintenance:

scheduled - i do my own.

perodic - i have a man.

men are great. could use another though. backup.

Hey Odot,

I use Two Wheel world for tire purchase and mount.

They are a Parts Unlimited dealer, they willl discount your purchase at least 10% if you ask and they will mount the tires you buy from them for free, nada.

Either I do my own maintenance or use Central Yamaha on Ave. K in Plano.

Mark

Been to two wheel world to have them mount my suzuki front. Did the wheel remove and replace myself. They still charged me for the other stuff. I'll have to talk to them about that. Apparently, they thought I was a twizzler.

Dagnabbit.....I was wearing my work clothes when I went there. In my case, it would have been a blue sucker. I'll ride down there tomorrow and see what they can do for me....otherwise it's stadium yamaha......