DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so's i take off a couple of minutes early to run over and pick up my new glasses.
TSO is the opposite direction from home. by the time i get back past the office, it's right at quitting time, so i hang a right and take my typical route home.

some guy and a new-style, hopty-hop mustang is revving his V8 glass packs and running the secondary road pretty quickly as we leave a light. i don't go nuts but I don't let him lose me. leaving a stop sign and making a left, i straighten up the bike and semi-nail it to catch back up with MISTER MUSStang (who had a chance to get some distance while i was back at the stop sign). the rear tire gets all greasy on me like it's pealing out even though i didn't hit the throttle until i was doing about 30. i take it easy the rest of the way home.

psi is okay (checked just this AM and again when i got home).

seems those sections of the tire that are 0/32nds are starting to play nasty games with me. called the shop yesterday and the owner is out this week on vacation. that explains why i haven't gotten a call about the new tires coming in yet. have to wait for him to be there since no one else can just give them to me without charging me for them.

i'll mind my beezwax during tomorrow's commute.
good call you crazy MFer! haha! i rode to north dallas today for work too. was awesome. what a great day. 100 miles round trip. more tomorrow and next week!

Last edited by a moderator:
vista cruise party!

get together at my place saturday morning starting around 10:30-11 if anyone wants to stop by and hang out. bounce is gonna help me put a vista cruise on my bike for the trip so i figured this was a good enough reason to invite everyone over. another chance to meet each other before we go. ok, really any reason to hang out with my FJR guys works for me! ;)

now, if i could just get odot to wash my bike for me when we're done! :lol: :lol: ha, i know, i'm dreamin. but it's dirty! i've been ridin!!

PM if you wanna come over and i'll give you my address!

now, if i could just get odot to wash my bike for me when we're done! :lol: :lol: ha, i know, i'm dreamin. but it's dirty! i've been ridin!!
ACK! People will be watching me fumble through an install? Still photos of just the good stuff on a web page is a great way to hide the 5th trip to the tool box for the right tool. :)

Ya think you can distract ODot long enough so that I can get home with the truck (tools) and back (bike) so he can wash mine, too?

hey i'm a resourceful girl! i'm sure i could thinka somethin!! ;) :lol:

Thanks! It'll be my first time (man, not many of those left) just wondering if I'd see anyone I knew.
I'll probably come out in the morning to watch a bit. If you see me, please come over and say hi. I'll have my two y/o daughter with me and I drive a green excursion.

HAVE FUN!!

Here a few pictures from my last track day:

60446010.IMG_0174.jpg

60446014.IMG_1307.jpg

60446017.IMG_2165.jpg

60446016.IMG_1464.jpg

60446023.IMG_2222.jpg

can't see your photos, L. just several lines of "IPB Image".

interesting. on the refresh after posting the above line, i got 1 photo. maybe it's a timeout thing?

can't see your photos, L. just several lines of "IPB Image".
interesting. on the refresh after posting the above line, i got 1 photo. maybe it's a timeout thing?

Wierd. They should be linked straight from my pbase account. They're coming across fine on my side. Anyone else having trouble seeing them? :huh:

Any of you DFW riders up for a ride this Saturday? I think the weather is supposed to be ok. That could change though. I'm thinking an after lunch start so the temps will be up just a tad. :cold: Any interest?

GP :thumbsup:

Hello Tejas FJR riders! I just wanted to reply in regards to the Hill Country riding. I've been showing groups of riders around the Texas Hill Country for the last 10 years. I've organized and led more rides then I can remember. Being out of San Antonio it is the 'back yard' for me so to speak. :)

If you are ever down this way and would like a riding partner, or are just willing to include another, I'd be glad to help show y'all around. I know all the gas stops, good eating establishments etc. I pretty much know how many miles a route will take you, can probably show you some roads you wouldn't otherwise find and can even show you a motorcycle museum in the middle of nowhere. :)

Be happy to join any group and lend my Hill Country tour expertise if you like.

Hello Tejas FJR riders! I just wanted to reply in regards to the Hill Country riding. I've been showing groups of riders around the Texas Hill Country for the last 10 years. I've organized and led more rides then I can remember. Being out of San Antonio it is the 'back yard' for me so to speak. :)
If you are ever down this way and would like a riding partner, or are just willing to include another, I'd be glad to help show y'all around. I know all the gas stops, good eating establishments etc. I pretty much know how many miles a route will take you, can probably show you some roads you wouldn't otherwise find and can even show you a motorcycle museum in the middle of nowhere. :)

Be happy to join any group and lend my Hill Country tour expertise if you like.
I love the hill country. I've ridden there once or twice every year for the last 11. However, the last 3 years has seen an unacceptable rise in the deer population for me. I'm not much farther from Arkansas and the locals seem to be eating the deer faster over there :D

I've literally had to come to a stop on a highway near Kerrville and wait while a herd of deer crossed the road. It was like a scene from the old west where the buffalo stopped the railroad!

I'm out on the hill country until the deer situation improves.

If I were as close to AR as you are, I'd be there more often also!

Might of just been a freak thing with the deer. I'm pretty much out there every weekend and haven't noticed an increase in population. You just have to be careful how early you start the ride, and how late you ride in order to miss their natural movement times.

Any of you DFW riders up for a ride this Saturday? I think the weather is supposed to be ok. That could change though. I'm thinking an after lunch start so the temps will be up just a tad. :cold: Any interest?
GP :thumbsup:
very possible for me. lemme make sure there's no weekend work and then I can go.

All righty then. Let me know before Friday around 6pm if you are interested.

Hey Inlaw1, that sounds good. Ive been doing the hill country 3 or 4 times a year for the last 6 years. Great riding and you do have to watch for deer. I hit a buzzard or whatever bird that is that feeds off of the carcasses of other dead animals a few years ago. Been to the museum too. Not real large, but nice collection and the guy and his wife that own it usually treat you like family. Nice folks. Maybe the next time I head down there we can hook up. I'm sure you know more about the area than I've learned over the past 6 years.

texasFJR. Marcos, where you at? I PMed you.