DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
likely story. prove it and i'll think about it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it won't be my birthday tomorrow. Forget about it. How about tonight?

I have a ski present to redeem this week but I'll take a rain check and buy a few rounds when we can get together soon. have fun in Cowtown.....Stock Show hoopla is always agood time.

"I hear that there are some pretty good rides around the Ouachita National Forest. "Yes!

One of my friends lives up near Ft Smith...kinda...

On I-30, once you get past past New Boston and head north into Arkansas, it's way pretty... an some really scenic riding...

If ya got em, turn o the radar detectors, tho.... places like some of the state parks, very pretty but slowish... with smoky and his radar out.

I've got friends in Garland, that's not too far. but I try to avoid the metroplex... found taking anything form the north to 380 and thru McKinney, then south is a pretty good route...

Hmmm... got friends in McKinney, too....Cappy rides a Yammy Road Star...cool dude...ex-surfer....

Oh yeah... I'm in Ohio right now.

will give you guys a yell when I get the Feejr down there next time, if that's ok with ya'll.

mary
When you get down this way Cappy and I will show you some roads up into Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma that will knock your socks off compared to heading out towards New Boston - some great twisties which are a lot more fun then the superslab - a couple of nice 500 mile round trippers out of the metroplex and back in the same day that will leave you begging for more.

Sure miss the D/FW scene. Used to live there (FW/Arlington) in the 70's. Played a lot of foosball and would frequent the Showdown in Ft. Worth and Arlington. Was wondering if it's still around. I think it was way out Camp Bowie if I recall.

How about a group ride around the Austin area? Would be half way for us down in S. TX. Unfortunately, it would be a lot of slab riding to get there. Just a thought. Hmmm, maybe ride to Austin on a Saturday, meet at a hotel, eat, hit some live music club(s) Saturday night, ride Sunday AM and head back that afternoon.

Sure miss the D/FW scene. Used to live there (FW/Arlington) in the 70's. Played a lot of foosball and would frequent the Showdown in Ft. Worth and Arlington. Was wondering if it's still around. I think it was way out Camp Bowie if I recall.
How about a group ride around the Austin area? Would be half way for us down in S. TX. Unfortunately, it would be a lot of slab riding to get there. Just a thought. Hmmm, maybe ride to Austin on a Saturday, meet at a hotel, eat, hit some live music club(s) Saturday night, ride Sunday AM and head back that afternoon.
I think it's going to be a great wildflower season this year with all this rain - maybe something in April out around Bandera/Fredricksburg over to Leaky and the the 3 sisters might be fun.

Marcos---Name the time/place to meet to ride to eat Friday. I just got the racing stripes (silver) on the AE. They will make me look faster than I really am. I'm not as fast as you track tigers. Got the Zumo mounted also. Now when my wife tells me to get lost, I can't. :yahoo:

John

Y'all be sure to stop in at Chisolm Trail Merchantile and say hi to Toxie, he likes pretty FJR's. On the St. Jo square with snacks drinks and a good conversation or two.

Hey John and Mark. I just saw this. I'm never one to say no to company. I usually head from Bedford to the Roanoake area then across 35 and meander north from there. I'm usually done with all the school drop-offs by say 8:00. What do you guys think?

Marcos

I am available to leave at any time in the morning.

I will be comming from the Garland area and would like to find a spot in Bedford to meet up with you for the ride up.

Can you pick a spot in Bedford that would work for a meeting place.

I will be fighting the morning traffic, so please keep that in mind.

Thanks,

Mark

John, where will you be coming from?
Mark, there is a Starbucks right next to a Chevron right on the SE corner of Central Drive and 183.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...&iwloc=addr

How would that be? Say around 8:30am or 9am?

I'll be coming West on 114. There is an Exxon Food Mart on 377 just North of the 377/114 intersection that looks like it would work as a meeting place.

John

Mark,

Would it be easier for you to meet there? If so, maybe we can meet there at 9:00 am?

Let me know.