Did You LOSE Something When Your Wheels Came LOOSE?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i concur!!

my g/f was recently called upon to critique a manuscript novel of a work colleague.

the manuscript was terrible. I’ve seen documentaries on the Animal Planet channel of chimpanzees with a better command of the English language.

all i can say was "don't quit your day job". a friend reviewing the manuscript said, "i want to kill this person!!".

life can be tough when you're (your ?, har har) retentive.

dave mig.

I was looking at a résumé today until I got to the job experience -

" responsible for the dailey scheduel "....

and into the trash we go.

I forgot today was June 26th, the day I am required, by law, to be serious for at least 30 seconds.

Here's my take on the entire grammar/spelling-on-forums thing...as if anyone gives a shit...

If this was a "What's Britney wearing today" forum, or a "Let's bash whoever's president today" forum, I could give a shit about spelling and grammar, as I'd expect regular visitors and contributors to such forums to be fuckwits to begin with.

However, on a forum such as this, where technical information is dispensed with great regularity, how can I accept technical advice on modifying and maintaining something as potentially lethal as a motorcycle, when said advice comes from someone who is too fucking LAZY to re-read what he or she has written and correct such obvious mistakes?

It's not that I can't accept something as simple as a misused "your" instead of "you're", or "breaks" instead of "brakes", but if one writes "torque you're break calipur bolts to 145 foot pounds" how can I possibly believe that person knows that 145 pounds is correct, when that same person can't bother to check to see if he/she spelled "brake" or "caliper" correctly?

I suppose I expect more from people. I suppose that's why I get disappointed so regularly. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I expect more from people. I suppose that's why I get disappointed so regularly. :-(
Yep! Expeshully them thet coon't tek thuh jokes Eye wuz tryin' tuh yoose win Eye wood be typin' lak thess. They'd thunk Eye wuz bein' insultful uh thems peeples who diddent noe no differnts. Eye'da thot they kud sea whut Eye wuz tryin' tuh proove. Eye wuz reely reely wrong...Doh, stoopid!

More amazing to me, in principle, is that in the last three weeks, I have endeavored to use proper words and terms and to use proper punctuation when offering information, advice or simply responding. Has it been noticed by my detractors? I sincerely doubt it!

Dude, I actually put a little effort into reading your posts once you stopped that blabber of yours. Not that there was any content in it but, I'm just sayin.............

Yep! Expeshully them thet coon't tek thuh jokes Eye wuz tryin' tuh yoose win Eye wood be typin' lak thess. They'd thunk Eye wuz bein' insultful uh thems peeples who diddent noe no differnts. Eye'da thot they kud sea whut Eye wuz tryin' tuh proove. Eye wuz reely reely wrong...Doh, stoopid!

More amazing to me, in principle, is that in the last three weeks, I have endeavored to use proper words and terms and to use proper punctuation when offering information, advice or simply responding. Has it been noticed by my detractors? I sincerely doubt it!
Dayum, and I thought you'd had a stroke or been cillin' on the happy-drugs. This was rational, intentional, and pre-meditated?

Dayum, and I thought you'd had a stroke or been chillin' on the happy-drugs. This was rational, intentional, and pre-meditated?

"torque you're break calipur bolts to 145 foot pounds"
I'm still not sure.

This is NOT a friggin' hijack SacramentoMike.
This seems to have been a thread that took on a life of its own. As yours is the 86th post, I'm amazed we're still even close to the original subject.

Do'n wurry bout it, Mykey. We allus know'd wot ya ment. Butt latlee ya don' mak so much cents as bee four.