EOM '06 Make your Reservations Now!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Cool !!!!!  I'll put in for those vacation days asap!!!!!  Last year was such a blast.  Great people, super great rides and beautiful landscape.  I've been wanting an excuse to get back to the Dragon.  Thanx.

Was part of a ride that met up in Lexington, Ky. last year and meandered the rest of the way.  Such fun.  Hope that happens again this year.

Seeya there

Mike  in Ohio

[email protected]
Hey Mike, you won't be doing the Dragon at this meet... although, you will be riding Shady Valley, TN. The meet has moved to Boone, NC. The Dragon is quite a distance from there. The good news... the people coming from the north/northeast have a couple of hundred miles less of a ride to get there... & Shady Valley is similarly loopy to the Dragon but won't have NEAR the traffic unless you run through there on Sunday. The bad news... if you're coming from the flatlands of Florida, you might have a touch longer ride... but in reality, it depends exactly where you're located to the south.

There is some great riding in these mountains/hills, guaranteed!

fjrchick, cool! It'll be the second year of more than one woman at the meet (that isn't riding pilion). Iris, of Iris and Jim were present last year. I think that they're attending this year, also. Cool, very nice folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shannon,

Good to hear from you. Look forward to seeing you and Mike again.

I am heading up to the EOM also and maybe we could meet for the run up, depending on schedules. Maybe we could hook up with Craig, also.

Hi all,

I've been kicking around the idea of attending this thing. I'm from eastern Long Island in NY and was wondering if there were any other Long Islanders that might be attending. A group ride down there might be in order. Anyone have any idea how long it would take to get from NY to Boone?

Going the other way, it took my roommate and I about 13 hours to drive to New York City, but this was in a car on the interstate the whole time.

Hi all,I've been kicking around the idea of attending this thing. I'm from eastern Long Island in NY and was wondering if there were any other Long Islanders that might be attending. A group ride down there might be in order. Anyone have any idea how long it would take to get from NY to Boone?
I would figure a day or two. Last year I took a detour to EOM and ended up in Colorado

:eek:

monarch.jpg

I would figure a day or two. Last year I took a detour to EOM and ended up in Colorado :eek:
Mr. Bill,

Did you fail to make the left turn in Pennsylvania or did you make an erroneous right turn in Virginia?

Hey Mike, you won't be doing the Dragon at this meet... although, you will be riding Shady Valley, TN. The meet has moved to Boone, NC. The Dragon is quite a distance from there. The good news... the people coming from the north/northeast have a couple of hundred miles less of a ride to get there... & Shady Valley is similarly loopy to the Dragon but won't have NEAR the traffic unless you run through there on Sunday. The bad news... if you're coming from the flatlands of Florida, you might have a touch longer ride... but in reality, it depends exactly where you're located to the south.
There is some great riding in these mountains/hills, guaranteed!

What I'll do is come down for the EOM and if not during then head towards the Dragon on Monday. I'm off work till the 16th. Can't go that far and not ride the Cherohala, Blue Ridge and the Dragon. I had such a blast last EOM riding that area. Can't wait to see some of the roads around Boone too.

SEE ya There,

Mike

I've reminded him a couple of times still no results :) Hmmm do you think he's ignoring me?
You know Shannon .... the only way you can be sure of getting something done is to do it yourself.

Then you know it is done and done right!

Come on Mike, help the girl out here!

EOM FJR riders from the two forums:

slapnpop Tennessee

geezer New York

mr bill Massachusetts

skippy Florida

luvtoride Virginia

patent1 Virginia

toophast Virginia

fialdj Virginia

rad Florida

boofer Florida

quicksilver Indiana

fjr vfr Virginia

tripletango Texas

fjrandy New Jersey

huron52 Ontario

yellowmagnaman Connecticut

born2ride Tennessee

mogan New Jersey

herfjr New York

hisfjr New York

yamaholic Ohio

tstaff Ohio

galxy5 Virginia

grumpy North Carolina

donaldb Mississippi

zipper Georgia

onecooltngeek Tennessee

alan Florida

mech1twa Pennsylvania

fjrapril2005 Ohio

jrd14 Ohio

fjrchick Florida

6 Virginia

5 Florida

4 Ohio

3 Tennessee

3 New York

2 New Jersey

1 Massachusetts

1 Indiana

1 Texas

1 Ontario

1 Connecticut

1 North Carolina

1 Mississippi

1 Georgia

1 Pennsylvania

32 Total

I've reminded him a couple of times still no results :) Hmmm do you think he's ignoring me?
Fjrchick I listed you as attending so don't go blaming you know who for not booking the room.

He doesn't even have a real bike! Or did you turn him and he now has an FJR? :lol:

Picked up his '05 FJR right before EOM in 2004.

We decided it was best for our relationship if he had an FJR also. We were over comitted last year and wasn't able to ride much. We intend to make up for it this year :) .

Picked up his '05 FJR right before EOM in 2004. We decided it was best for our relationship if he had an FJR also. We were over comitted last year and wasn't able to ride much. We intend to make up for it this year :) .
Ok I'll add Mike to our list too. Does he have a name on the forum???or should I list him as Mike from Florida?

That brings our count to 33!