EOM '06 Make your Reservations Now!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in, I just made my reservation. It's only about 500 miles for me, from Maryland. I am looking forward to it.

Tim

For those of you who want to figure out how far it is and how long it will take you to get there you can get a pretty good estimate from Maps on Us and select 'Driving Directions'.

Use 1785 Highway 105, Boone, NC 28607 to indicate the High Country Inn as your destination.

It is 730 miles for me and the projected time is 13 hours. Of course that assumes travelling at the speed limit and probably doesn't account for rest stops.

Count me in .

Got reservations for Friday Saturday and Sunday.

I will make up a few shiny parts to add to the door prize pile.

:p ;) :eek:

Jarmo

Ya'll know we're riding on friday this year too! You might want to plan on arriving thursday.

Geezer, I checked out the time and distance from where I am on eastern Long Island in NY and it was 742 miles and 12 1/2 hours. What route will you take from upstate NY?

Unfortunately, its still to early for me to commit, hopefully by the time August rolls around there will still be some rooms left.

Geezer, I checked out the time and distance from where I am on eastern Long Island in NY and it was 742 miles and 12 1/2 hours. What route will you take from upstate NY?Unfortunately, its still to early for me to commit, hopefully by the time August rolls around there will still be some rooms left.
I haven't decided for sure yet. I will vary my route according to the traffic, weather, and my mood at the time, bit the likely route will be to take the Thruway to northern NJ and then 278 and 78 into PA then 81 South. That would mean that a good part of the way would be in Virginia where I'd have to hide my radar detector and ride a little slower. :(

If I have a couple extra vacation days left then I would prefer to take a more scenic route and avoid the intersatates as much as possible. Maybe take an extra day for the ride home. I'm pretty flexible with my plans and at this point I am planning to be alone so I can pretty much go with the flow.

I know there are others heading down from NY and NJ and it might be nice to meet up somewhere and ride together.

Geezer, I checked out the time and distance from where I am on eastern Long Island in NY and it was 742 miles and 12 1/2 hours.  What route will you take from upstate NY?Unfortunately, its still to early for me to commit, hopefully by the time August rolls around there will still be some rooms left.
Assuming it's ok with the forum admin guys, click on the link for my travel portal when you're ready to make reservations - assuming the High Country Inn is booked by then of course... The site is still being tweaked to make it pretty, but it's fully functional and has comparable rates to Travelocity, Expedia, etc. - but I don't charge booking fees for hotel reservations like the big guys...

https://www.res99.com/nexres/search/search_...s&search=Search

From Usptate NY, we usually have crossed west through Pennsylvania, and down Rt 219 through West VA. The drive is a little longer but I wouldn't miss 219. It's a great road with all different types of riding on it.

In W. VA, radar detectors are legal. :)

From Usptate NY, we usually have crossed west through Pennsylvania, and down Rt 219 through West VA. The drive is a little longer but I wouldn't miss 219. It's a great road with all different types of riding on it.In W. VA, radar detectors are legal. :)
Cool. I'll look into that route. Do you plan on making the trip in one day or stopping along the way?

OK!! I am in ,, made the reservations this morning !!

one more from Virginia !!!!!

anyone riding down the BRP ,, or coming ,, my way give me a shout ,,

JimLor and I will be meeting to go down 221>58>133>421 to Boone

OK!! I am in ,, made the reservations this morning !!one more from Virginia !!!!!

anyone riding down the BRP ,, or coming ,, my way give me a shout ,,

JimLor and I will be meeting to go down 221>58>133>421 to Boone
I'm likely in too, but September is too far out for me to make a commitment this soon. My line of work sometimes has me traveling quite a bit, but the EOM dates are looking pretty good right now for me. I'll keep monitoring and will advise when I'm confirmed.

Still hoping we can get another local ride in here pretty soon though...

Cope

In W. VA, radar detectors are legal. :)
Uh huh, and there are some of us that know, you in particular, will need it. ;)

In W. VA, radar detectors are legal.  :)
Uh huh, and there are some of us that know, you in particular, will need it. ;)
HerFJR rides so they can't see her and even if they did they don't have a chance of catching up. Of course they could call in the helicopter on her :lol:

Not sure if this is where ya'll are keeping track, but Lorie and I will be there the 8, 9, and 10th. Traveling on the 8th and 11th.

Jim