EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Precisely why I'm going the old mans bike route.. It's all about who goes the deepest and returns unscathed..

Will this be the year somebody dies?

Thanks for all the early enthusiasm.

Wheels thru Time is a great way to spend some time also.
Yes - Wheels is an awesome place - We're working a group discount rate for this as well via the hotel.

Oh, and sign me up to help Wayne
You betcha - you're on the list...

Anybody know anything about the campground right beside the motel? "Teagues Superette and campground "
The Maggie Valley Inn manager is going to send me an info packet for the area - should have info & I'll see if she can get us a deal for the campground as well...

I'm looking forward to the EOM 500.

Yep, if the weather allows...I'm doin' it.
Ok, I'll swing by and pick you up on lap two...
smile.png

Cool! Love that area - thanks for the efforts, guys!

Precisely why I'm going the old mans bike route.. It's all about who goes the deepest and returns unscathed..

Well THAT certainly is uplifting. Who peed in your Wheaties, idjut?

You really are getting old there, Bust. It's not the Wingebago but the attitude. As usual, we will have a lot of fun and start looking forward to the next EOM as soon as we get home from this one. I hope you decide to join us.

I love mustangs and owned 4 at one time. 65 convertable still have, 65 coupe sold, 66 coupe sold, 72 convertalble sold. All the more reason to make this trip.

Dave

Great location. Lots of good roads. Looking forward to it.
smile.png
Only negative for me....it's only a days ride from home.
pilot.gif

I love mustangs and owned 4 at one time. 65 convertable still have, 65 coupe sold, 66 coupe sold, 72 convertalble sold. All the more reason to make this trip. Dave
Yep! Had an '84 5.0 GT for ten years. I'll never forget that car. Bought an SUV and was "Forbidden" to keep the Mustang by my Ex-Wife. Had to let it go. Shortly there after, let the wife go. Boy, do I miss that car!
rolleyes.gif

penciling it in...hopefully I can make it this year...I notice it indicates Fri-Sun. I guess I expect it to show nights required and the tradition Thur-Sun (duh-doesn't include a Sun night). As usual, I'm confused and think too much.

I looked for information on the campground last week. There was very little info to be had. I did see they had a Facebook page. I'm assuming that you have to be a Facebook member to view it.

& what exactly is the "old man's route"?

penciling it in...hopefully I can make it this year...I notice it indicates Fri-Sun. I guess I expect it to show nights required and the tradition Thur-Sun (duh-doesn't include a Sun night). As usual, I'm confused and think too much.
Doesn't this hurt your head Mike?
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We may see some of these folks on the road.

September 21 & 22 - 39th Northeast Georgia Regional Mustang Car Show - Maggie Valley Festival Grounds 770-586-0338
They should reschedule. At the last EOM it looked the Ferrari guys were having a meet some place nearby.

So many roads in those areas, I've never been jammed up in September. Perfect time of year there.

And if you don't want any traffic at all, ride the Blue Ridge after midnight. 40 miles and not a car to be found. Yes, questionable on this being a wise thing to do.