EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone want to make a stop here?

https://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/
It has been a while since I was there, but it was a really cool place to spend some time. We were fortunate with our timing - it was a Wednesday or Thursday I think - Dale was there and walked most of the museum with us, which provided an even deeper look at the displays. The best part was seeing a couple of the bikes actually start and be ridden around. I'm not sure if he still does that on a regular basis or not. The hotel has a good relationship with them, so we should be able to get a group rate for admission tickets.

Anyone want to make a stop here?

https://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/
It has been a while since I was there, but it was a really cool place to spend some time. We were fortunate with our timing - it was a Wednesday or Thursday I think - Dale was there and walked most of the museum with us, which provided an even deeper look at the displays. The best part was seeing a couple of the bikes actually start and be ridden around. I'm not sure if he still does that on a regular basis or not. The hotel has a good relationship with them, so we should be able to get a group rate for admission tickets.
Sooze and I went through there when we were in the area on the Harley back in June. That is a really, Really cool place! "The Museum That Runs." Yes, everything in there supposedly runs. Dale was there while we were there as well - several of the bikes were started up. It was pretty cool, and be sure to sign the guestbook, especially if you're a lefty - they'll give you a left-handed pen. No, really - they will.

I have added to my schedule...I plan to bring fresh rubber this time and maybe an extra set (the way I go thru tires anyway).

Looking forward to it!!!

I have added to my schedule...I plan to bring fresh rubber this time and maybe an extra set (the way I go thru tires anyway).

Looking forward to it!!!
Good deal - I was thinking about shipping a spare wheel & tire to hotel this year so I don't have to stop playing so early...

I'm thinking I might get there a day or two early or leave later to go through the museum at my leisure and not miss any of the riding. So much to see and do..... So little time!!
smile.png

I'll put on a new set of PR2's for this trip!
bike.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
oooooooooooo....................................I seldom get to go to EOM because of a conflict each year with a required conference I must attend. This year the conference is in Nashville :) maybe.....just maybe I can put something together. Maggie Valley is one of my favorite places in N.C. Great venue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm definitely interested. I'm going to put this on the calendar and work hard to make it looks like a great place and perfect time of the year to be there.

Last edited by a moderator: