Extended Warranty -- Has anybody had a payout?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
New to the forum. Waiting for the delivery of my 05 FJR1000 ABS, which should be in today or tomorrow. Dealer wanted $1000.00 for an extended warranty. Where are you folks getting your Extended warranties for around $300.00.

Thanks,

Cliff
1-888-553-3311 or 877-3-YAMAHA

D&H Cycle Culman, Al

48 month YES $389

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
New to the forum. Waiting for the delivery of my 05 FJR1000 ABS, which should be in today or tomorrow. Dealer wanted $1000.00 for an extended warranty. Where are you folks getting your Extended warranties for around $300.00.

Thanks,

Cliff
A 1000.00 for the extended warranty? You now know of course, that is so far out of line that it is ridiculous. Was he wearing a mask and holding a weapon when he said this?

Bentley's Yamaha in Canonsburg, PA also sold me 48 month Y.E.S. for 389.00. Keep in mind that they gave me this price when I told them that I could get it from D&H for that price. I didn't even have to twist their arm.

Hi,

Thanks,

Cliff
1-888-553-3311 or 877-3-YAMAHA

D&H Cycle Culman, Al

48 month YES $389

Thanks FJRFencer,

I'll give them a call tomorrow. I called Yamaha USA today and they told me that the State of Hawaii does not go through Yamaha USA, they get there bikes directly from Japan, so they have a different Extended Warranty Program. I asked Yamaha USA what an Extended Warranty would cost for my bike if I was in the Continental US and they gave me a price of $725.00. I guess living in Paradise isn't paradise all the time.

Cliff

A motorcycle extended warranty is the ONLY extended warranty I would EVER buy.
Boy :rolleyes: I can tell you have never had a new ford diesel truck :lol:

Cary

Elaborate please?

I've bought 2 new Fords [gasoline] since 1999; no problems to speak of.

Just before my one year warranty expired on my '04 FJR I bought the four year extended warranty from D&H Cycle. So far I've needed no dealer repairs. So the money I spent on the warranty went down the drain.

How many FJR owners with extended warranties have used them?

Our herd mentality may have foolishly emptied our pockets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6093000148.html

I could have bought a few tires with that money.

I don't have my YES paperwork right in front of me, but my understanding is you can cancel it at any time, and be refunded for the remaining time left on it, same as any other insurance policy.

Have you considered this?

Let me get this straight. Those of us that purchased the YES extended warranty are of the herd mentality. Thankyouverymuch! The Wilber shock buy, Spieglar brake lines buy and other stuff (which I'm guilty of following the 'herd') comes to mind.

Empty my pockets? I got news for you. It would take a lot more than 400 bucks to empty this guy's pockets :lol: BTW, I paid $349 for my YES Extended Factory Warranty.

Now I havent used it yet. After 4 years the 'old' FJR just keeps going along with no complaints or work stoppages. I did have it in the shop for a leaky fork seal. I called my favorite dealer here in Colorado and told him straight out that yes, I had the YES, but I was 99 44/100 percent sure that the fork seals were a wear item, especially since the bike had over 26k miles. I know, I know, only breaking it in. I told him I could get the parts at discount from a store we all frequent up in the Great White North and put them in myself or he could twist Cypress's arm and charge them for the parts at least and get some shop time in. It's called cash flow, I told them. They called Cypress and confirmed that it indeed was a wear item, but because I am such a great guy and wonderful customer they would give me a 'Goodwill Warranty" The YES didn't cover it, but I didn't care and bottom line is they didn't even charge me for the replacement fluid.

As far as purchasing the YES warranty to cover the tick. Has anyone heard of any owner who was turned down absolutely for a repair on the tick, regardless if they had the YES warranty in effect. Anybody? Speak up.

Sounds like some feel like they got ripped off if they purchased the YES Extended Factory Warranty and their bike didn't break. That's a very strange way of looking at it, if I do say so myself. I pay over $700 a month for health insurance, but I sure ain't hoping that I get a chance to use it :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
All new valves and guides rang up to about $950.

All they wanted was my autograph.

They didn't even try to hit me for new fluids.

They might have done it without YES. But, with YES, there wasn't even a conversation about not covering it.

Latest posts