Fairing Racing Stripes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yah, count me in on an 05 and you can use mine. I will be glad to ride it there as soon as it gets warm!!!

Lucky :yahoo: :yahoo:

Have you had an opportunity to slap a reflective side stripes on the bike to show how it would look?
Thank you.

I have a set of white reflective decals being made and I'll put it on the other side on my bike and post the pictures. It will probably be a week or so before there installed.

Your welcome Smoke! Also dont forget to pickup a pair of our Black Reflective side bags decals while your ordering your stripe kit. These are a great safety item for the back of your bike.

I already have the side bag decals and you are right, they are a great safety item. My riding buddies rant and rave about them. I tell them that if anyone hits me from behind at night time, I know it's on purpose. There's no way they can say they didn't see me.

Smoke

I like that look. Any chance to use a reflective silver material, kind of like the stickers that what's his name sells, Alex? The ones for the rear of the bags? Either way, I'm in.
WF0-5Reno-11.jpg
Is the 'White Reflective' what I should be choosing? e.g. the closest to silver you have? Eagerly awaiting fotos of white... Any chance of getting custom writing on the bag decals? Something like 'Loud pipes get passed' comes to mind.. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that look. Any chance to use a reflective silver material, kind of like the stickers that what's his name sells, Alex? The ones for the rear of the bags? Either way, I'm in.
WF0-5Reno-11.jpg
Is the 'White Reflective' what I should be choosing? e.g. the closest to silver you have? Eagerly awaiting fotos of white... Any chance of getting custom writing on the bag decals? Something like 'Loud pipes get passed' comes to mind.. :rolleyes:
We can get fancy and do custom writing on the decals, but they get expensive with graphic design time, running one set at a time, etc. The white should be in next week and hopefully will post pics of them installed late next week.

STRIPE UPDATE!

The metallic silver stripe kits will start shipping later this week. Thanks to everyone who has placed their order and have waited patiently for delivery. We have decieded not to make the reflective decals due to increased difficulty in applying this type of decal. The backing on the reflective material is different from that of the silver decals and is more difficult to apply. We think there would be some unhappy customers if we sold them the reflective material and they found it to difficult to apply. We will consider special orders for the reflective decals, but we will not be responsible for batched applications. Let me know through this thread if your interested.

We haven't forgotten about the AE owners out there with the silver bikes either. We are now taking orders for the same Stripe Kit in a black metallic material. This should really look sharp on the silver bikes. Sorry, I won't have pictures available of this since there are no AE in my area. However, I'll give the first AE owner that posts pictures with the black stripe kit a $25.00 gift certificate to our website after the pictures are posted or sent to me to use. The black metallic kits will be ready to ship in about a week and a half. Orders can be placed on our new website!

Premier Cycle Accesories

To all the forum members that preordered the silver fairing decal kits, they all shipping out today. We still have a half dozen kits left from the first batch of 30 kits we made if anyone else wants one.

https://www.pca-one.com

STRIPE UPDATE!
The metallic silver stripe kits will start shipping later this week. Thanks to everyone who has placed their order and have waited patiently for delivery. We have decieded not to make the reflective decals due to increased difficulty in applying this type of decal. The backing on the reflective material is different from that of the silver decals and is more difficult to apply. We think there would be some unhappy customers if we sold them the reflective material and they found it to difficult to apply. We will consider special orders for the reflective decals, but we will not be responsible for batched applications. Let me know through this thread if your interested.

Premier Cycle Accesories
I'll bite.. just how difficult is it? I'd might be willing to have a local pro install them if it's too difficult. Is it any more difficult than installing a MagKnight kit? :unsure: . I managed through that one. Do you have to use a heat gun to soften them first? Is the problem that the backing is thicker and thus more difficult to work with? Thanks..

STRIPE UPDATE!

Premier Cycle Accesories
I'll bite.. just how difficult is it? I'd might be willing to have a local pro install them if it's too difficult. Is it any more difficult than installing a MagKnight kit? :unsure: . I managed through that one. Do you have to use a heat gun to soften them first? Is the problem that the backing is thicker and thus more difficult to work with? Thanks..
I have not personnally tried to apply these yet either, but I have been told it not near as easy as the silver graphics were selling. The backing is much thicker and it is not recommended to use the wet application method when applying. This is the method that makes the silver decals easy to apply. We just feel that the reflective decals would be hard enough that problems would arise and customers maybe unhappy. Therefore we feel it is best to handle this on a case by case bases with the buyer being aware of the risks. If you'd like a set let me know and we'll make them up for you.

To all the forum members that preordered the silver fairing decal kits, they all shipping out today. We still have a half dozen kits left from the first batch of 30 kits we made if anyone else wants one.
I got my kit last Saturday, but it took till today to put them on -

unfortunately - the strip doesn't seperate from the backing material - meaning that there is NO glue side - just the stripe side and a fuzzy paper side. Sort of like pulling the skin away from the backing material. Like the glue stuck too well or the slippery paper that it is stuck to isn't slippery enough.

So basically - the stripes don't work - at least not for me.

I only tried the right side - none of the stripe would release from the backing properly so I didn't even try for the left. :blink:

I got my kit last Saturday, but it took till today to put them on -

unfortunately - the strip doesn't seperate from the backing material - meaning that there is NO glue side - just the stripe side and a fuzzy paper side. Sort of like pulling the skin away from the backing material. Like the glue stuck too well or the slippery paper that it is stuck to isn't slippery enough.

So basically - the stripes don't work - at least not for me.

I only tried the right side - none of the stripe would release from the backing properly so I didn't even try for the left. :blink:

This is the first we have heard of this problem out of the 30 sets we have shipped. Be sure, we will replace any decals that do not arrive in usuable condition. We did have to replace one other set because a couple of the decals got bent in shipping. We replaced the set at no charge, no questions. We will replace Chicky's also. Feel confident in ordering this item.

I'd be interested in a set of these stripes but would like to see how they look on an 06 AE first. Pics anybody?? Thanks.

We have them in a black metallic for the AE silver bikes. The decals just arrived so we have not sold any yet. I'll give the first AE owner that buys a set and sends me pictures of the installed decals a 25$ gift certificate to our store. This would make your net cost less then $5.00 for the decals. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I'd be interested in a set of these stripes but would like to see how they look on an 06 AE first. Pics anybody?? Thanks.
We have them in a black metallic for the AE silver bikes. The decals just arrived so we have not sold any yet. I'll give the first AE owner that buys a set and sends me pictures of the installed decals a 25$ gift certificate to our store. This would make your net cost less then $5.00 for the decals. Let me know if anyone is interested.
DEAL! And willco on the pictures.

Just so no one gets the wrong idea OHFJR responded quickly to my problem with the graphics and is making them good. I hope no one got the idea that I was questioning him or his goods or service.

top notch response to the problem.

THANKS

Very cool ... just ordered mine for my 07. THANKS!!!!! :yahoo:

(I will be ordering a passenger back rest soon too!)

I don't know how I missed this thread....oh, yea, I didn't have any teeth and was healing!

Set ordered! Yeeeha! Those pictures look AWESOME!