First ever Gold Wing Air Deployment Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
First ever Gold Wing Air Deployment Bag

This frickin’ Gold Wing clown was out riding without a helmet…. here’s his rational:

Without the air bag, his injuries might have been serious: Florida relaxed its helmet law in July 2000, and he had been seduced by good weather to ride without one. “It was so nice, I couldn’t resist, and I couldn’t resist the American dream,” Mr. O’Connell, an immigrant from Ireland, said. “The American dream is to ride a motorcycle without a helmet.”
Gold Wing clown is a tool, but he’s a very lucky tool….

"intact enough to lay down the bike and stride over with some well-chosen words for the car’s driver."

Boy... I wonder what he could have said....

"Top'o'tha mornin to ya!"

"Gooday Mait!"

"Hey, thanks for testing my airbag system!"

"I'm glad your o.k."

Who knows???

"The American dream is to ride a motorcycle without a helmet."
...and all this time I've been working for success I could have obtained the dream just by being a dumbass?
+Fo Shizzle :yahoo:

Is it me?

600-bike.jpg

Or does his head look all swollen and what not?

Last edited by a moderator:
So if the airbag didn't save his worthless ass, could his family sue Honda? "Your Honor, I bought the motorcycle under the assumption that it was idiot proof."

That bike makes his head look big :dribble:

There going to mandate airbags on FJR's next :blink:

The irony here is killin' me. So let me get this straight...you purchased the OPTIONAL air bag on your Gold Wing, presumably in the name of safety, and then opted to ride WITHOUT a helmet? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Dumb-ass. Stupid, stupid, stupid phucker.

you guys must all work for the media...you all made the main issue disappear completely. SOME DEAF BLIND MUTE CELL PHONE TALKING MAKE-UP APPLYING BURGER EATING WORTHLESS CAGE DRIVER MADE A MAJOR INCURSION INTO THE BIKERS SPACE!!

Future evolution??

Bikes are dangerous.

Bikers need to wear helmets because its dangerous. Make it law.

Bikes are still dangerous, even with helmets.

Bikers need airbags cause its dangerous. Make it law.

Bikes are still dangerous, even with airbags.

Bikes need to be outlawed. Make it law.

Keep blaming bikers for the shortcomings of car drivers, and you too will be able to enjoy your car 100% of the time (if you survive the last days of your bike riding) when all bikes are eventually legislated out of existence.

you guys must all work for the media...you all made the main issue disappear completely. SOME DEAF BLIND MUTE CELL PHONE TALKING MAKE-UP APPLYING BURGER EATING WORTHLESS CAGE DRIVER MADE A MAJOR INCURSION INTO THE BIKERS SPACE!!
Future evolution??

Bikes are dangerous.

Keep blaming bikers for the shortcomings of car drivers, and you too will be able to enjoy your car 100% of the time (if you survive the last days of your bike riding) when all bikes are eventually legislated out of existence.
Good points. Kinda like the riders leaving the exit at 80 mph and a lady U-turns in front of them. They got jumped on for their speed. I guess we all know cagers are going to pull in front of us and we're more interested in how to best prepare ourselves for that. The slant of that article did tick me off. Find an accident, report all the statistics in a way that makes riding look bad. I even looked for an email to respond to the article to voice my disdain...

I won't get into the laws and stuff, but I'll chime in on a choice. It is a choice to wear a helmet even if it is law, or not. The choice to not wear a helmet is a curious one, I feel usually driven by comfort and/or the perception of coolness. Well, if riding wasn't riding for me when I put a helmet on, I'd leave it off too.

Future evolution??

Bikes are dangerous.

Man, do you have it wrong. Riders without ATGATT deserve to die, or at least get fucked up enough to validate some beliefs. While having an airbag yet not wearing a helmet does seem kinda bass ackwards, many with helmets die or are severely injured, while many without walk away unscathed. Always, always, it's the luck of the draw.

Edit-oh, and he's Irish, so he was drunk, and we all know drunks never get hurt in crashes, right?

Future evolution??

Bikes are dangerous.

Man, do you have it wrong. Riders without ATGATT deserve to die, or at least get fucked up enough to validate some beliefs. While having an airbag yet not wearing a helmet does seem kinda bass ackwards, many with helmets die or are severely injured, while many without walk away unscathed. Always, always, it's the luck of the draw.

Edit-oh, and he's Irish, so he was drunk, and we all know drunks never get hurt in crashes, right?
I have a cage with an airbag, roll cage, and helmet neck brace harness (what do they call those damn things again?). Why do I need a seatbelt?

Isn't the idea of an airbag to keep you from hitting the dash/steering wheel or windshield of a car? All of which seem to be lacking (minus the windshield which is a plastic breakaway Not glass)

I bet Mr lucky Irishman gets a new wing from Honda for promotional rights.

Look at the Airbag in your car. It is more than likely labeled "SRS." That stands for SUPLIMENTAL restraint system. Redundancy, redundancy, redundancy. Same reason you have more than one regulator on a cave dive, more than one parachute, and carry a pistol as well as your assault rifle. When Mr. Murphy comes calling you want the odds stacked in your favor. You still might not win, but at least you went down swinging, and as prepared as you could be. Remember the "7P" rule. Proper, Prior, Preparation, Prevents, Piss Poor, Performance.

Is it just me???

Look again at the bike

600-bike.jpg

He did not hit shit very hard. All I see is a cracked fender. So needs a new fender and 1500 Dollars to repack his airbag. Porobably drive the thing home. "T Boned a car at what.. 3mph" :glare: