FJR Assistance Directory Address

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all,

sending my info in from eastern NC today - we had this kind of assistance with COG (great support!) - look me up if you ever get this far east.

surfsup (alex)

I'll send you my info from Peoria, IL. Home of the Grand National TT races. I'll do my best to help. If nothing else, I own a trailer and know where the bike shops are.

Don't know why I didn't come across this thread. I was prompted to search for it and, yeah, I found it.

With all the traffic coming up for CFR in BC in June, I figure I'd better add a Calgary, AB contact (or another as the case may be) to the list. I'd be glad to help out anyone who needs emergency help and would be equally glad to provide a resting spot and cold beer. Someone said "You meet the nicest people on a FJR." I concur! :)

Jude, Email to follow!

I'm email challenged with a dead hard disk on my PC and am borrowing other's machines to get to the forum.

Hopefully will be live in the water soon.

PM ing my info now.

Both my Goldwing, Vulcan, and PGR groups have a list of help resources, as well.

Great idea and I'm here to help in the deep south.

Ride Safe,

Mike in Nawlins'

Hey everybody

Do to an increasingly hectic life, Jude is no longer able to dedicate the time required to maintain the FJR Assistance list as he outlined in his recent email. Sounds like he's got his hands more than a little full with family. I'm sure, everybody understands, family comes first. I'd like to thank Jude, on behalf of everybody on the assistance list, a big thank you for managing it for as long as he has.

As I've been working on the FJR Assistance list for a few months creating a GPS POI database from the list, it only seems natural that I take over the list to keep it going. Good ideas and vision should continue!

To that end, I've created an a new email contact address for the list - [email protected].

Jude has sent me all his current working documents along with an outline of the problems he's come across. I'll be working to fix these up in the coming months.

Now, for the big news. The Assistance list is now available for your Garmin or compatible GPS! I'll be sending out the POI database in next 24hrs to participants. Now, no matter where you are, should you require the list, you'll both have it handy, and more importantly, know who is the closest to your current location.

I'm purposely not going to include instructions on how to upload the POI to your GPS. This is something you should learn how to do first hand. Spend the 5 minutes reading the POIUploader instructions and have at it.

WARNING!!!

if you attempt to upload a new POI to your existing non-garmin custom POI database, you WILL overwrite/erase your existing data! Spend the 5 minutes reading the manual to learn how to properly manage your custom POI's.

I'm also including the Yamaha Dealer POI for both the U.S. and Canada. This will help you locate Yamaha dealers wherever you may be. I do not maintain this list. I'm only including it as a courtesy.

With the addition of the custom assistance POI, I'm hoping that still more FJR riders will offer to contribute their data to help other FJR riders in need.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask either via email, or, on the FJRForum.

Is it June yet?! :D

-Steve

Thanks for all the new stuff and stepping in & a special thanks to Gypsy :fan_1: for setting this up and all the good work in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Steve for picking up the ball and running with it...and a BIG thanks to Jude for starting and maintaining the list. :clapping:

Hope everything is okay at home and that you'll be out and about riding your FJR this next riding season.

Thanks Steve for picking up the ball and running with it...and a BIG thanks to Jude for starting and maintaining the list. :clapping:
Hope everything is okay at home and that you'll be out and about riding your FJR this next riding season.
Everything is fine. Just too many kids and too much work and not enough hours in the day.

Jude

Now, for the big news. The Assistance list is now available for your Garmin or compatible GPS! I'll be sending out the POI database in next 24hrs to participants. Now, no matter where you are, should you require the list, you'll both have it handy, and more importantly, know who is the closest to your current location.
Steve, first, thanks for taking over the list. I've been on it since its inception and carry it with me on any multi-day trips. It is invaluable in my opinion.

Second, has the new poi database gone out?

Thanks,

dougc

Second, has the new poi database gone out?
I had a little problem with mailing out the update. Turns out Yahoo mail (and Gmail and hotmail) all have SEVERE restrictions on the number of bcc's you can send out. So the first two hundred or so took me all damn day to send. I went into work this morning and set up an account specifically for blasting out updates (gotta love working for a cable company/isp) and voila, all have been sent out as of about 1pm today.

Give it 24 hours to show up and if it doesn't, drop me a note to [email protected]

One of the first jobs I need to do is clean up the 'deadwood'. I had about 30 or so emails bounce back. If their are that many dead emails, it makes me wonder how many phone numbers are now wrong.