FJR Assistance Directory Address

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on a cross country trip right now but wanted to express my thanks to dcarver, toecutter and of course gypsy for the FJR Assistance List.

Last Sunday I experienced the dreaded ignition failure (brown wire loose with solder ball still attached) in a tiny town in southwest Colorado. After two 12-hr days in the saddle I wasn't thinking very clearly and although I had read the thread on this failure I couldn't remember which wires to splice. I missed wyowags up in Wyoming and then started scanning the assistance list for Californians (earlier timezone). Toecutter was first and told me that he didn't remember the colors but would look it up. Then he said that dcarver had done the write-up and asked if I'd like his number.

To shorten the story, Don called me back (as did Bob) and talked me through the quick fix. I was on the road the following morning without losing anything more than a little sleep.

Don, Bob - you guys rock. You saved my bacon as well as my trip to visit family. I'll do my best to pay you back by passing along the karma.

Jude - thanks for keeping up the list.

If you haven't joined the FJR Assistance List I highly recommend it. I'm sure glad I did.

FjrVfr

I would like to mention........ That I will help anyone even if THEY are not on the list.....

yes, the folks on this forum are top drawer.... I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting many if them

Gypsy,

Email sent. Hope to never use it, but know if I can be of help to a fellow feejer, it'll be a worthy deed. Thanks for taking on a big task but one that would be well worthwhile when being faced with being stranded far from home with no resources.

CJ

If you haven't joined the FJR Assistance List I highly recommend it. I'm sure glad I did.
FjrVfr
I have been keeping the list for a couple of years now and I think you are the first person I have ever heard that had to use it.

gypsy

Ok folks I have created an email address to which you can send your information and I will put it together for distribution.
[SIZE=12pt]The address to send the information is:[/SIZE]

[email protected]

The list will be sent directly to FJRForum members who request it. I also think that everyone can offer something even just the use of a phone so if you plan to request the list you should seriously consider putting yourself on it.

Please email the information don't PM. Thx.

Here is the info we need for the list:

- FJR Forum name/handle

- First name (I hate having to call people and ask for them by handle. "Hello could I speak to Road Rash please?")

- City

- State

- Phone/Cell number

- type of assistance you can offer (Such as technical help, tools, tent space, extra bed, comraderie, able to transport bike (trailer/pick-up). Anything else you can think of.)

Remember this is supposed to be a list for emergencies. It isn't necessary to say you will help with planning a trip to your area. Afterall that is what the forum is for.

[SIZE=12pt]The address to send the information is:[/SIZE]

[email protected]

Cheers,

gypsy
I just posted, now we have something in SC. I have the whole magilla available.

Motorcycle-ed :yahoo:

FjrVfr
I have been keeping the list for a couple of years now and I think you are the first person I have ever heard that had to use it.

gypsy
Just sent my info (from KC area) in with a request for the list prior to my fly-n-buy on 8/8 in AL.

thanks for maintaining this list!

Lee