"FJR market is drying up"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred must have had a change of heart. Latest edition of Indiana Auto & RV has an ad from Chicago Cycle:

New FJR-13 - $0 down - Sale $10499.

Picture in ad is the Dark Cherry bike. Didn't bother to call am happy with my 05.

Fred must have had a change of heart. Latest edition of Indiana Auto & RV has an ad from Chicago Cycle:

Picture in ad is the Dark Cherry bike. Didn't bother to call am happy with my 05.
Strange place for a cycle ad. Seems to follow their logic.

I had a similar "great experience" with this dealer. I sent an internet inquiry and they never even answered - so I bought a new 2006 from Woodfield Motorsports (it's still in the crate until Chicago winter is over). A very STRANGE way of doing business.

I purchased my 2004 FJR1300A from them in Aug 2003 when they were located on Western Ave. The had a real low overhead type of store. I paid $10984.00 plus tax and document fee and they didnt charge any set up fee. I was very satisfied with the deal I got. I since sold the FJR in 2004 for financial reasons and I'm driving my 96ST1100A.

Chicago Cycle has since moved to a Humongous Showroom building on Touhy Ave, that when you walk in it looks like the Internation Motorcyle show! When I first walked in there I thought to myself, the only way there going to pay for this set up is to pass it on the the consumer. I was there looking at the DL650's.

I also picked up the local motorcycle free advertisement when I was at the jewel in Itasca and sure enough, Chicago Cycle has the 2007 FJR1300A listed at 10,499.00. God what I wouldnt do to pick one up at that price. But right know I couldnt pay for the insurance, license and tax let alone the bike.

Maybe a year or two down the road. I'm getting tired of paying interest on my bills.

I will be glad to fax that advertisement to whoever is interested.

Mike Nemeth

st1100atomic@aolcom

Yeah, the Chicago Cycle guys are a bunch of Ass Hats! I will stop thereto look if I get up that way, but I would never buy anything there unless I absolutely couldn't find it anywhere else, and with the Internet that will never happen.

Crappy sales tactics, and then they wonder why people think they are dicks to deal with.

I stopped in that dump one time years ago at the "old" store....do believe it had been a supermarket, swear I saw a rotten head of luttuce under a counter. Pure "fast track" TO shop....noooo thanks. I'll stick with my local dealer who is dependable and decent. NEC in Elkhart, IN has sold me too many bikes, including both my FJRs, to remember: they make some $$ on each bike but I don't get bent over and their service department treats me like royalty. I'll stick with a dealer like that and stay far away from the "super" wheeler dealers and all their tricky sales "tactics". Guess I worked to long, many years ago, at a car dealer doing straight sell, no TO crap.

At NEC the owner, Byron, trains his people to know and sell product but doesn't use the many high pressure sales tactics that places like this other dump seem to specialize in. He is in business to sell product and make money, but NOT screw customers....something about staying in business with REPEAT customers! Seems to work, too. DFO :D

Fred at Chicago cycle returned an Internet inquiry I sent asking about an 07 FJR. He left a message on my answering machine saying "We just sold our last blue FJR, we have an AE but won't be getting any 07As because the FJR market is drying up." :blink:
Is he kidding? I'm wet waiting for my FJR to come in.... That guy is WHACK!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA AHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAH

I'm laughing like Max Cady in Cape Fear.

00077C81-D4AF-1177-8E0180BFB6FA0000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in there 3 days ago and they had 3 on the floor! Some of those guys are just morons. Went in there w/ the wife one day and this one sales doof keeps going on and on aboout how I should buy another bike and forget about the wedding blah blah blah. Damned near had to pull the wife to be off of him. Best part was she was working that night and nailed him w/ 3 tickets! He doesn't speak to us when we stop in to this day(thank god), I warned him not to piss her off!
It's not a good idea to piss off my wife either and she doesn't have a ticket book!

I actually like fencing with these salesmen when they try their high pressure tactics. My favorite is when they try to BS me on the bike's specs or the competition's specs, performance etc. I hate to admit it, but it's my idea of a good time.

Call on that one just to call "bullshit!". Thats a grand less than D&H and we all know their deals.

I also picked up the local motorcycle free advertisement when I was at the jewel in Itasca and sure enough, Chicago Cycle has the 2007 FJR1300A listed at 10,499.00.
But two adds in dif places can't be a lie.... right.

and they're 07's in the add right...

I guess the market is drying up since the won't be getting any 07s

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone want to hazard to guess what they are charging for freight and set-up?

Me thinks it will be a portly sum.

I actually like fencing with these salesmen when they try their high pressure tactics. My favorite is when they try to BS me on the bike's specs or the competition's specs, performance etc. I hate to admit it, but it's my idea of a good time.
Mine too...I went into a chevy dealer looking at vettes back a few years ago when I was looking for one. There was one on the showroom floor I went and sat down in the drivers seat, my wife in the passenger seat. The young buck sales guy stand next to the drivers door and starts telling me how great and FAST it was. :lol: I basically came out and asked him, so whats the difference mechanically between this car and the 35th aniv camaro next to it? He said, "well its got a different motor with more horsepower and the transmission is better." :lol: GOTCHA! I asked, don't they both have LS1 engines, with Borg-Warner T-56 trannies?? If I could have recorded the giggle out of my wife... :yahoo: I think the dude turned 3 shades of red and promptly walked off to get a more senior sales guy.

+1 I have also had fun with salesmen who make assumptions. DH and I spend a lot of time wandering around bike shops. It is almost always assumed that a potential purchase would be for him, and that I might ride on the back. Have a license? they steer me over towards the cruisers. Don't want one of those. After they've told me how perfect the smaller sport bike would be for a beginner, I'll tell them I want it for a track bike. Eventually, they will ask what I ride now. I LOVE their reaction. Short, middle-aged Mom does NOT fit their view of an FJR owner.

Jill

So, I'm not the only sadistic person here. If I'm on a car lot browsing... I'll keep an eye out for the inevitable sales person making a bee-line for me. I'll abruptly turn and walk in a different direction when he's getting close, and repeat that move without looking directly at him. Yes, it's cruel, I know. :devil: This also works well in a furniture store. I guess I just don't like overly aggressive sales people.

+1 I have also had fun with salesmen who make assumptions. DH and I spend a lot of time wandering around bike shops. It is almost always assumed that a potential purchase would be for him, and that I might ride on the back. Have a license? they steer me over towards the cruisers. Don't want one of those. After they've told me how perfect the smaller sport bike would be for a beginner, I'll tell them I want it for a track bike. Eventually, they will ask what I ride now. I LOVE their reaction. Short, middle-aged Mom does NOT fit their view of an FJR owner.

Jill
That sounds fun. Hmm...maybe there IS a good reason to cross dress...nah.

Fred at Chicago cycle returned an Internet inquiry I sent asking about an 07 FJR. He left a message on my answering machine saying "We just sold our last blue FJR, we have an AE but won't be getting any 07As because the FJR market is drying up." :blink:
Is he kidding? I'm wet waiting for my FJR to come in.... That guy is WHACK!

https://www.chicagocycle.com/

home_banner4.jpg
What's Freds last name ?? Flintstone ?? :clapping:

On their web page I filled out what I was interested in and 2 weeks later they got back to me, with the "a nice young couple is looking at it and are coming back in an hour with a decision, you need to hurry and buy it first" <_<
bUT WE HAVE A USED ONE THAT WAS ONLY DRIVEN TO CHURCH ON SUNDAYS BY AN ELDERLY OLD MAID... :rolleyes:

So, I'm not the only sadistic person here. If I'm on a car lot browsing... I'll keep an eye out for the inevitable sales person making a bee-line for me. I'll abruptly turn and walk in a different direction when he's getting close, and repeat that move without looking directly at him. Yes, it's cruel, I know. :devil: This also works well in a furniture store. I guess I just don't like overly aggressive sales people.
That's choice! :lol:

Last year while shopping for my Accord, I stumbled into one of the multi-line dealers in The Valley that was having a 'blow-out' sale. Before I could even take my helmet off, a young punk of a salesman is in my face. I tell him that I just want to look around for a bit and began to walk away with him nipping at my heals. I spun around and put my arm out to make him back up and repeat my desire to simply just look around. No dice, this kid ain't giving up claiming that the VP of the auto group is there and he's watching to make sure that no customer is left unattended. Now, I'm pissed so I say, "Yeah? Well why don't you run and tell your boss and Mr. VP to come on out and talk to me." Dumb shit says, "OK!"

As he's in fetching his handlers, I'm on my way back to the bike and suiting up. Back in the saddle, I thumb the starter and engage first just as these three douche bags come walking out. It gave me much joy to wave goodbye with a solitary, Held-kangaroo-leather clad finger and seeing their dismayed slack-jawed faces turn red.

Yes, I'm an asshole for doing that, but I can't stand pushy salesmen, either!