FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit this milestone on my 04 FJR today......

20160513_144515_zpshxvc4bzb.jpg

This is the 2nd FJR I ever bought (out of 8). The 'Hula Gril'. I crashed it (again) July 2014 and it has sat idle until just recently. I finally got it moving again and have slowly been giving it some much needed TLC. What surprises me is how much I still enjoy riding the Old Skool Gen I FJRs. Not as refined as Gen II and Gen III, but the riding experience is more visceral which = much fun, enjoyment, and satisfaction.

Wonder if I can get this one to 200k? Or will that red-headed bitch of a 2014 ES start demanding all my time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I should know by the end of the year if someone will work on my first Gen 1. I need to get it fixed and back on the road to keep up or ahead of you guys still with mileage on one bike. !! On my second one which had I got 18 months ago at 51,367miles, all I've done is add a 1 to these numbers, but the 1 is in front of these numbers.! I just found out at the rally in Marietta, from a gal, that said MC Enterprises now makes Canyon Cages for Gen.! Motorcycles, which would have come in handy a few times already, so I'm going to buy them for my Gen. 1 ASAP. Keep those Gen. 1's rolling .

I had the 400K as my Avatar, but when I tried to put it as my signature is keeps saying that it's too big and it won't let me use it. Any suggestions to how I can remedy this?
Right click on ScooterG's 400K signature and it should load right up. The 400K you were using was much larger and can not be used in a signature. Or you can use this one:

gPDdB2v.jpg

Keep up the high mileage fun.
We have tried but if you look closely the numbers are a larger size and it won't save it. If you try to make it smaller, the avatar doesn't work anymore for you to move, it's just a photo then and it can't be moved. Someone needs to make the avatar smaller so we can try it again. We tried using yours and skooterG's and it won't work. Look at the difference in size of the numbers. P.S. is there an avatar for Skooter and I for the miles to the moon and back..!!! Ha. Ha.
I will fix that, and you are right, as the 400K image is 108x48, & 100x50 is max.
Thank you, I really appreciate the fix, it now works and I'm smiling. Now to get the one with 395,110 back and head for 500K on it!!!!! Once again thanks.

I had the 400K as my Avatar, but when I tried to put it as my signature is keeps saying that it's too big and it won't let me use it. Any suggestions to how I can remedy this?
Right click on ScooterG's 400K signature and it should load right up. The 400K you were using was much larger and can not be used in a signature. Or you can use this one:

gPDdB2v.jpg

Keep up the high mileage fun.
We have tried but if you look closely the numbers are a larger size and it won't save it. If you try to make it smaller, the avatar doesn't work anymore for you to move, it's just a photo then and it can't be moved. Someone needs to make the avatar smaller so we can try it again. We tried using yours and skooterG's and it won't work. Look at the difference in size of the numbers. P.S. is there an avatar for Skooter and I for the miles to the moon and back..!!! Ha. Ha.
I will fix that, and you are right, as the 400K image is 108x48, & 100x50 is max.
Thank you, I really appreciate the fix, it now works and I'm smiling. Now to get the one with 395,110 back and head for 500K on it!!!!! Once again thanks.
You are unbeliveable. WOW is all I can say.

As you know I had 395,110 miles on my 2003 FJR and I bought a used one same year with 51,367 miles on it. Now I have 156,305 miles on this second FJR, which when you add this mileage to my other FJR, I now have over 500,000 miles. I'm happy and look forward to a 500K avatar, as soon as you get one made for me. Thank you Also thanks to all of you who like my last post. The Gray Ghost........

The Gray Ghost: The 500K FJR CLUB Avatar is already there for you. Congrats on being the first to reach 500K on FJR's, an awesome feat. My helmet is off to you. Hope you reserect the orig. 03 and make it to 400 or 500 on it, as that would be unbelievable. Clicky Here

As you know I had 395,110 miles on my 2003 FJR and I bought a used one same year with 51,367 miles on it. Now I have 156,305 miles on this second FJR, which when you add this mileage to my other FJR, I now have over 500,000 miles. I'm happy and look forward to a 500K avatar, as soon as you get one made for me. Thank you Also thanks to all of you who like my last post. The Gray Ghost........

Congrats Gray Ghost!!! I hereby relinquish my crown of most miles ridden on FJRs to you good sir. Well done!

I knew you were going to beat me to 500k. Retired bastard! I just don't get to put down the miles I once did. I *only* have 485,000 miles on FJRs so far.

Hope I get to meet you someday. You're my Hero!