FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FlyingJ - why no Gen II? Just curious.
No particular reason, just stirring the pot to see what comes up to the surface.
evilgrin.gif

Although the '03 is the faster, lighter and the best looking.

Here's the picture of the mileage late Oct. 2012. My bikes in the shop now for checkup, has 307,000 miles on it and waiting to get it back to start riding again. The speedometer reading 300,000 is my picture.

Here's the picture of the mileage late Oct. 2012. My bikes in the shop now for checkup, has 307,000 miles on it and waiting to get it back to start riding again. The speedometer reading 300,000 is my picture.

My picture shows 300,000 miles as of October, 2012. so if you can click on the picture and get a better look at it. i've been struggling to figure out how to add pictures to my profile.
Would've enjoyed seeing that odo in either of those posts. But good to see you're posting and trying to lay claim to that King of Mileage crown.

So just wondering here, if the 200K club members wear the "big boy pants", what does the 300K riders....oh never mind. I'll be lucky to be in either one.

Well DUH! As soon as I click on the "post" button, I glance up and take notice of your avatar. Very cool indeed.

Hand over your crown Skooter. And don't leave any last second boogers on it either.

Last edited by a moderator:
(cue the Wayne's World dudes.....)

We sir, are NOT WORTHY!!!!

300 friggin K!!

That is absolutely incredible. Please share with us some of your repairs along the way, and the mileage to which those repairs were made, if you know. I'm enamored in the longevity of this motor.

Just passing these on - congrats again on an amazing achievement
punk.gif

Gen1with500000km-P05-03-139516_461_.jpg

dw6.jpg

dw1.jpg

Did you do your own maintainence or did a shop do the work? That's quite an accomplishment to get that many miles out of a bike.

Oooohhh Skooter.....Skooooooter

Oh where fore art thou? I do believe someone needs to be added to the "List". At the pinnacle, the peak, the top, the highest echelon of recorded FJR mileage.

Did you do your own maintainence or did a shop do the work? That's quite an accomplishment to get that many miles out of a bike.
I'm interested in knowing what kind of moderate or major work was done along the way and at what mileage.

I just realized that at the pace I currently ride, it will take me about 15 more years to accumulate 300,000 miles on my '05. I need to ride more.....

.... or maybe ride faster!

300,000 K.... fecal matter!!! I mean congratulations that is an amazing standard to achieve.

And, here I was getting excited about crossing the 100,000 K threshold this month in under 6 years of ownership. I got another 12 years of riding to reach that mark.

There is always something to look forward to with this bike (on the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again....).

I tried to upload pics of my FJR but it wouldn't let me use photobucket. What do I have to use to upload pics?
Been using photobucket since day 1 with no problems. To stay on topic, I achieved this the other morning:

Go down to the test section and try posting a pic again. List exactly what you do, in the order you do it. Maybe we can figure it out....