FJR Noob questions.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekms377

Reaction score
What is suppose to be under the seat besides the toolkit? It looks like there was suppose to be something near the rear but nothing is.

Also, any history of oil leaks.....say valve cover? Found residual oil on rt side drop down frame behind fairing.

I am still going through it. I get to tear it down more this weekend. Any other chronic things to note?

Thanks in advance. You too Odot.

As for the oil....

Likely it's just some residual from the assembly process...having said that, there are no trends that I'm aware of involving leaks.

Since it's the last work day in the week then it's technically FRIDAY :yahoo:

Dogpile anyone? :clapping:

I read that the other day and just now. Hmm.....nothing. I guess I need a manual.

I read that the other day and just now. Hmm.....nothing. I guess I need a manual.
I read it the other day, a dozen times over the past couple years, and again just now. Hmmm.....#1 seems like it's a very plausible answer to your question. Maybe a manual or a guide dog would help. ;)

As for the oil....
Likely it's just some residual from the assembly process...having said that, there are no trends that I'm aware of involving leaks.
That would be some pretty persistent oil for a 2004. There a several vent tubes exiting the bottom of the Feej, maybe your leak is not oil and is coming from one of these?

Ignore the "Snerk(s)" from the other guys.. There is only designated space for the factory tool kit. But the extra space is not designated".. However, I have been able to place my SLIME Air Pump and tire repair kit in that location.

I have placed my rain gear in the tail piece at times I don't anticipate using it very often..

Regards,

Herb <mtngoat> Schaffer

IBA# 16559

Ignore the "Snerk(s)" from the other guys.. There is only designated space for the factory tool kit. But the extra space is not designated".. However, I have been able to place my SLIME Air Pump and tire repair kit in that location.I have placed my rain gear in the tail piece at times I don't anticipate using it very often..

Regards,

Herb <mtngoat> Schaffer

IBA# 16559
Follow closely. The '*snerk*' followed Iggy's comment, not the OP's. ;)

As for the underseat area, it's also a good place to store the Astroglide. A side benefit is that the residual heat collected under there warms the solution nicely. Makes the catcher less inclined to jump. At least that's what I hear from odot and busta'.

As for the oil....
That would be some pretty persistent oil for a 2004. There a several vent tubes exiting the bottom of the Feej, maybe your leak is not oil and is coming from one of these?

Uhhh....yep. Good call. I admit to not noticing what year the OP's bike was and assuming that it was new.

I owe ya a beer at NAFO.

Put my tire repair kit in the space under the drivers seat and will most likely put a PC III in the other space, and the MAN goes, for me, under the pillion seat.

As for the underseat area, it's also a good place to store the Astroglide. A side benefit is that the residual heat collected under there warms the solution nicely. Makes the catcher less inclined to jump. At least that's what I hear from odot and busta'.
:****: Oh thats just fukin rude! Letting on about the secret warming compartment like that. :nerdsmiley: Learned the trick from Brun Dog ya know. ;)

BTW ya still jump on occasion, these things get plenty hot.

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is suppose to be under the seat besides the toolkit? It looks like there was suppose to be something near the rear but nothing is.
The Euopean bikes come with a wheel lock and it goes in the tray and is held in place by the little attached bungees. The "box" directly behind the gas tank is where Uncle TWN creates his "Three Musketeers Soup" in the handy foil squeeze tube. :lol:

IT IS Friday but I chose to be kind...Happy 4th of July! :yahoo:

As for the rest of you.... :bleh:

At least that's what I hear from odot and busta'.
TWN - I'd never thought I'd see the day you quoting Bust or odot, let alone in the same sentence. The times they are a changin' :lol:

Follow odot's advice very carefully, he knows his stuff. I'm sure he'll chime in soon...... :blink:

BTW, I store my spare tires and tool chest there. The stock tool kit is as close to worthless as you can get. Sorry, I'm used to my Beemer tool kit where you could actually remove both front and rear wheels, and a myriad (is myriad a $1.50 or $3.50 word?)of other things.

Happy 4th gang! It's Friday!!!! ;)