FJR Review in Super Bike Magazine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we could flip this around to unpropter it:
Some things are superior.

The AE is a superior thing.

Superior things often initially fail to gain acceptance.

The AE is a superior thing that has failed to gain acceptance, therefore it must be new.
That would be good logic, if you could prove line #2. Which was the whole point of the exercize...

Ooooo! Twisted logic! I love it!

For the record, mine is an '03 so is neither A nor AE, just FJR. Standards with clutches are fine with me. Is there a superior principle involved in the AE? I don't know, but I am willing to bet there is a principle out there that will, someday, be proven to be superior to current manual transmissions with clutches, just as there will be propulsion systems that will be superior to internal combustion piston engines. I would also bet that new propulsion system will not initially work as well as the developed example of established practice (actually this is already the case) and will not meet, initially, with much popular acceptance, but will over time.

I still get strangely aroused just thinking of shifting my trigger shifter.

Just think, this is the third year Yamaha has made this bike. There must be some sorta market for it. I read somewhere that the AE amounted to 20% of FJR production.

I have viewed this discussion since it was first posted. Today, in the spirit of the Christmas Season and being a "Jolly Ole Fellow" (IMHO), I wish that this debate over the superiority of the AE vs A be closed. It seems to me that those that persist in continuing the aimless debate ,where there will never be a winner, have way too much time on their hands and may not be qualifed to pick the superior bike.

I have owned both an 05 non-abs and an 06 AE. Both are superior bikes to other STs, including the Honda ST 1100 that I own. The superiority of either the A or AE is the decision of the rider. If like both of them and only find them different just as I find driving my Jeep with a 5 speed tranny and my G35 with an automatic.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. :D

I still get strangely aroused just thinking of shifting my trigger shifter.Just think, this is the third year Yamaha has made this bike. There must be some sorta market for it. I read somewhere that the AE amounted to 20% of FJR production.
Now that's the second time you mentioned your "arousal" when triggering your shifter...

Maybe all the A owners are missing the whole point? It isn't about being heterosexual, it's about being autosexual. :blush2:

Yamaha should also be thinking about mainstream improvements for the FJR for 2009.
Exactly, they are lagging way behind.

Since the first model in 2003 it hasn't really changed that much, just small cosmetic improvements.

Upside down forks, radial brakes along with much more should have been on the bike by the 06 model.

The 08 is much the same as the 06/07 models, small updates only.