fjrchik's new fjr!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Valk and traded that in on a Roady because i couldn't take the heat from it down here in the Texas summers.
It's summer. ALL bikes are hot when the temperature off the blacktop exceeds 120°!

Throttle rocker seems like a good idea.  Anyone got a website for ordering one?
Bought mine at the Yammy dealership- they cost $10.
I had one, threw it away after a while (actually I gave it to another biker). The thing would be "ok" if it was positioned "just right", but even the tiniest amount of slip would make it a pain.

My advice is get a VistaCruise throttle lock, about as cheap and much better.

Bought mine at the Yammy dealership- they cost $10.
I had one, threw it away after a while (actually I gave it to another biker). The thing would be "ok" if it was positioned "just right", but even the tiniest amount of slip would make it a pain.

My advice is get a VistaCruise throttle lock, about as cheap and much better.
Amen to that... my TR was positioned wrong, I guess, cuz I went to apply the front brake and accidentally hit the rocker and gave it gas once while stopping for a red light. That caused some pinched vinyl... and off it came. :bigeyes:

Sure Doc-

https://www.throttlerocker.com/

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, $10 shipped to your door. As discussed, positioning takes a little tweaking, and you have to really cinch down the velcro strap to make it stay.

I had a Vista Cruise-type of lock on my old bike, but I was afraid it would bind on the grip heater wires on the FJR. The Rocker works for now, would like to put a real electronic cruise control system on mine someday.

I find that the throttle rocker is great and not just for a cruise control tool. I find with the very torque-y FJR that the throttle rocker allows me to control the acceleration and throttle handling better than without it.

If you want this only for a cruise control - you'd be better off getting one of the throttle locks that have already been suggested.

I'll bet fjrchik is loving this thread. All the lavish attention she is getting. So, I'll keep it going. :bleh:

yeah right. they're all busy talkin bout their hands. my thread has been hijacked. but your right ~ my name is still in lights! :brunette:

FJRchic,

How many miles do you ahve now? You been riding to work?

I have been inundated with requests from local FJR riders- that I didn't know previoulsy, to meet up with them so they can oogle at the 06. I met Jim (not sure of his screen name) tonight- nice guy with a 2005. Plan to meet another group out of Killeen Texas soon.

John

She may not have any miles yet.....there was a chance of rain yesterday and the day before we had some sand blowing around.

:lol: :rolleyes: ;) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Let's see her explode.

FJRchic,
How many miles do you ahve now? You been riding to work?

I have been inundated with requests from local FJR riders- that I didn't know previoulsy, to meet up with them so they can oogle at the 06. I met Jim (not sure of his screen name) tonight- nice guy with a 2005. Plan to meet another group out of Killeen Texas soon.

John
Sounds like your having fun!! I'm enjoying keeping mine brand spankin new. I have 85 miles on it from 2 short rides on Saturday. But then nascar got in the way and tonight was the first free night I've had in over 2 weeks (i did 29 hours of OT last week). So laundry and house stuff has been callin loudly. We have our client in the office for the next 2 days so I have to look pretty, ya know - no helmet hair. Hopin to ride Friday. Tankslapper should be here by then to protect the tank from me and my tank bag until I can get a set of mag-knights. Kinda been waiting on that too.

She may not have any miles yet.....there was a chance of rain yesterday and the day before we had some sand blowing around.
:lol:   :rolleyes:   ;)   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:

Let's see her explode.
well duh. like, i don't want sand in my hair. :p

I had a Valk and traded that in on a Roady because i couldn't take the heat from it down here in the Texas summers.
It's summer. ALL bikes are hot when the temperature off the blacktop exceeds 120°!
On the Valk it was like having a hair dryer trained on the inside of my left thigh - I'd much rather be sitting on an air-cooled VTwin when it's 103 out vs. that 6 banger. Once it was over 95 you couldn't escape it by going faster - it turned into a convection oven - claims were made that the Baker air wings would take care of the problem but they just didn't look right to me.

yeah right. they're all busy talkin bout their hands. my thread has been hijacked. but your right ~ my name is still in lights! :brunette:
Sorry bout the highjack - you know I'm just jealous :D

So when are you heading over this way so I can take a look at it?

hey no worries. i tried to add a smiley face after that sentence but i was too late. it would only put it at the end. besides, it got alot of play so it must be an important issue.

my weekend is lookin like an open road after 3 pm saturday. course it's easter weekend for everyone else. no family down here for me so this and thanksgiving are non-holidays for me. cept the church part of course. lemme know what works for you and I'll see what I can do!

hey no worries. i tried to add a smiley face after that sentence but i was too late. it would only put it at the end. besides, it got alot of play so it must be an important issue.

my weekend is lookin like an open road after 3 pm saturday. course it's easter weekend for everyone else. no family down here for me so this and thanksgiving are non-holidays for me. cept the church part of course. lemme know what works for you and I'll see what I can do!
I was thinking of heading to Texarkana Sat. just to say Hi, see the new showrrom and drool over Tony's new bike of course. If not might end up working in the yard and riding later - I'll let you know as the weekend gets closer.

Latest posts