FJRForum Official 2017 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As of 3:20 pm PDT today. Impressive indeed! Keep Going!

SpotWalla.com%20-%20Trip%20Viewer%20-%20Google%20Chrome.jpg

The rider who I picked US31 in west Michigan made a good choice beautiful day for a ride.

"Looks like one of the two who seemed headed for Dartmouth, had a change of heart or plan and is heading back up trying to catch up with the others. On the fly what if routing? :D"

Out of the five riders that did the NFLD ride, I believe that only one went to Eastern Passage

(Dartmouth)

The other four went directly to New Brunswick. They all encountered a detour in Nova Scotia that

slowed them down slightly. One much more than the others.

There was at least one other rider that did the Eastern Shore bonus outside of this group.

I wish I could say more but it would not be fair to these folks.

Safe travels to all.

Canadian FJR

Is anyone else having issues with Spot? His personal spot is updating fine but the group spot isn't. I have noticed that many dots haven't moved in the last couple of hours.

Is anyone else having issues with Spot? His personal spot is updating fine but the group spot isn't. I have noticed that many dots haven't moved in the last couple of hours.
I noticed the same lack of movement on the group page and came here to see if there was any news of a Spotwalla issue.

As usual, I post about it not working and now it looks like it has updated
It did update once after you posted, but I just checked and it still matches a screenshot I took almost an hour ago. Huge lags between spot page updates are going to make it even more of a nail biter for us virtual spectators!

The rider still sitting in Eureka, CA (which it looks like they are at a motorcycle shop (interesting side note it used to be a Harley shop until the Harley shop moved north of town)) needs to get a move on.

I like browsing thru the bonus list after the fact. I always come up with a "they should have added THIS to the list...". Like one EVIL possibility was here in Greenville SC. The city has several bronze mice scattered around town. Fun game for families with young ones to track them all down from the "clues" provided by the city. They would have been a truly evil bonus. Can imagine riders in a hurry to get pics and move on trying to find all these mice and get pics. And a BIG LOL thinking of the guy that lost his flag and has to do selfies trying to get pics of himself with them.

The rider still sitting in Eureka, CA (which it looks like they are at a motorcycle shop (interesting side note it used to be a Harley shop until the Harley shop moved north of town)) needs to get a move on.
I checked the details on this rider. Looks like he actually has three Spots. One shows him still in Eureka. The other two show him on the move North on I-5, somewhere near Roseburg, OR. Google maps puts him about 28 hours from the finish - still do-able!

I checked the details on this rider. Looks like he actually has three Spots. One shows him still in Eureka. The other two show him on the move North on I-5, somewhere near Roseburg, OR. Google maps puts him about 28 hours from the finish - still do-able!
Interesting that a rider could have multiple SPOTs running - I can understand how you might want to have a backup, but are you saying that there are 3 different SPOTs being transmitted on the group SPOT page? That could really open up some interesting alternative uses....

He's moved. The spot page is just lagging again. Either way, he still has a huge ride to go!

Day 10 Summary and Sidebar 6 are up - having trouble pasting the link here for some reason though

Very interesting. For those who haven't read, the Eureka rider is Fazer Phil and he bought a GS to finish the rally on after damaging his wheels on road debris.

Speculation - the sidebar is a lengthy discussion on how speeding is seriously frowned upon, and not productive for the rider or event. There is info on what happens when riders are "caught" speeding (via spot). Did someone get DQ'd because of speed. I heard through the rumor mill that there have been warnings and even penalties assessed thus far. I suppose time will tell.

Day 10 Summary and Sidebar 6 are up - having trouble pasting the link here for some reason though
https://ibr.wvi.com/

I think that will work....

Interesting that a rider could have multiple SPOTs running - I can understand how you might want to have a backup, but are you saying that there are 3 different SPOTs being transmitted on the group SPOT page? That could really open up some interesting alternative uses....
Nope, not 3 SPOTs on the group page - just the one that hadn't moved. If you click on a rider's spot on the group page, it opens a little window with more details. Some of the riders have links at the bottom of this window that will take you to an individual page with the breadcrumbs for the SPOT. The Eureka rider (Fazer Phil) has three different links at the bottom of his info window (two of the links may actually be the same SPOT).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.