FREE Pirelli Diablo Strada when you buy a rear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well tyred americanmototire.com (THEY DO NOT HAVE A PHONE NUMBER ) Placed the order received a e mail the next day out of stock on the E tire called sporttour.com telephone 866-761-0936 yes we can ship you the tire but pirelli ship date is april 26 , 2006 . Called pirelli there response was as long as you receive something in writing that you ordered the tire pirelli will ship you the front tire . the gentleman said you would recive the front tire before you recive the rear thats on the E tire .

Has anybody actually bought an "E" model? This is the reply I got from one supplier:

I will carry the E model when it becomes available.  The current estimate on its availability is April 28th.  If you would like to place one on backorder let us know.
I'm thinking this is a system-wide issue and the "E" model isn't available yet.

Has anybody actually bought an "E" model? This is the reply I got from one supplier:
I will carry the E model when it becomes available.  The current estimate on its availability is April 28th.  If you would like to place one on backorder let us know.
I'm thinking this is a system-wide issue and the "E" model isn't available yet.
I think you're right... my "E" is on backorder. It's hard to pass up a free front tire (well $25 shipping anyway). I have a couple of months left in my Avons anyway.

this got entirely too complicated. I'm just gonna see what my local dealer has in stock or can get in short time.

I did however enjoy the calendar.

if anybody actually succeeds in getting a rear "E" tire and free front tire, let us know :)

this got entirely too complicated. I'm just gonna see what my local dealer has in stock or can get in short time.
I did however enjoy the calendar.

if anybody actually succeeds in getting a rear "E" tire and free front tire, let us know :)
I'm not quite sure why everybody is so gung-ho to get the "E" model tire when we don't even know the difference between it and the off-the-shelf tire, other than the E is the oem. It seems to me that when I bought my R1, it came with Duflops on it. The oem rear was toast at 2500 miles. When I went shopping for a replacement, there was an oem, and an off-the-shelf, just like this situation here. We compared them and found the oem actually had less tread depth than the o-t-s tire. If that were the case here, I don't feel that would be a desireable quality myself. I purchased an o-t-s Strada last friday for $115 and have submitted my request for the free front. The rear is already on the bike and feels good, although I'll be better able to judge on my next ride, since it's raining like mad here and washing away all that damnable salt that was still all over the roads.

YMMV,

I'm not quite sure why everybody is so gung-ho to get the "E" model tire when we don't even know the difference between it and the off-the-shelf tire, other than the E is the oem. 
Two reasons, for me.

First, the "E" model, according two Pirelli, is a "beefed up" version of the original, supposedly to better handle the FJR's added weight and torque. I'm assuming it just has more material through the middle to wear longer, hence the higher price.

Second, since I went through a regular Strada in less than 4000 miles, it's either another Avon or something hopefully better from Pirelli, which I favor over Avon (Cooper) for eveything but wear factor. So, I'm willing to try the "E" model but not another one like I had before.

Okay, three reasons. Italians are quicker (and better with the ladies) than Brits. ;)

It's kinda like the search for the holy grail (or better headlights and higher alternator output).

I'm not quite sure why everybody is so gung-ho to get the "E" model tire when we don't even know the difference between it and the off-the-shelf tire, other than the E is the oem. 
Two reasons, for me.

First, the "E" model, according two Pirelli, is a "beefed up" version of the original, supposedly to better handle the FJR's added weight and torque. I'm assuming it just has more material through the middle to wear longer, hence the higher price.

Second, since I went through a regular Strada in less than 4000 miles, it's either another Avon or something hopefully better from Pirelli, which I favor over Avon (Cooper) for eveything but wear factor. So, I'm willing to try the "E" model but not another one like I had before.

Okay, three reasons. Italians are quicker (and better with the ladies) than Brits. ;)

It's kinda like the search for the holy grail (or better headlights and higher alternator output).
:D :D :D

Fair enough Bro...all good reasons. Just seems like an awful lot of people in this thread are determined to get an E or nothing. It just kind of surprised me. You and I had some conversation on this topic before this thread ever came around and I told you then that the Strada was at the top of my list. I'm just glad I waited to buy, since this worked out EXTREMELY well for me. We're getting ALOT of rain right now, which is good because our roads here were still covered with salt. They should be much better next time I get the FJR out. Only time will tell on the mileage issue, but honestly, good grip is higher priority to me for my generally aggressive riding style. Besides, it's gotta be better than the 3k I used to get out of a rear tire on the R1. B)

I bought my rear ots model on 2/27. On 2/28 I mailed my completed form and receipt copy to Pirelli. I received my rear tire on 3/5. On 3/8 my status changed to P-O-P on their website. Today my card was charged the 25 bucks. Now I just have to wait the 4-6 weeks they say is normal ship time on the front. Maybe it will be sooner. I'll keep you posted. I am confident in the non E model. If you look at all the fatass bikes that tire is recommended for, I don't think it will be an issue. Thanks to all who brought this promotion to our attention. I'm saving about 80 bucks on this front tire. I owe someone a beverage.

I bought my rear ots model on 2/27. On 2/28 I mailed my completed form and receipt copy to Pirelli. I received my rear tire on 3/5. On 3/8 my status changed to P-O-P on their website. Today my card was charged the 25 bucks. Now I just have to wait the 4-6 weeks they say is normal ship time on the front. Maybe it will be sooner. I'll keep you posted. I am confident in the non E model. If you look at all the fatass bikes that tire is recommended for, I don't think it will be an issue. Thanks to all who brought this promotion to our attention. I'm saving about 80 bucks on this front tire. I owe someone a beverage.
Me too. Bought rear tire local on 28 and mailed P-O-P same day. Pirelli updated to P-O-P verified on the 8th.

Last edited:
Claim Number: 0230

Current Claim Status: Credit Card Charged -- Your Credit Card has been successfully charged with a shipping fee of $25 on Mar 13, 2006.

You will receive an email when your tire ships along with a UPS tracking number. Thank you for your patience!

Claim Number:  0230  Current Claim Status:  Credit Card Charged -- Your Credit Card has been successfully charged with a shipping fee of $25 on Mar 13, 2006.

You will receive an email when your tire ships along with a UPS tracking number. Thank you for your patience!
I got one of those today too. Claim # 0335

Cool. B)

We've had alot of rain here lately, and I'm riding anyway. That Strada rear sticks quite nicely in the wet. Pretty pleased so far.

Charged! :D

Now there will be two new tires in the rafters of my garage giving off that wonderful new tire smell.

BTW, rode my buddies' Gold Wing that we started this weekend while it was 50 degrees, and now there's 12" of new snow since last night. :(

Shane

Claim Number:  0424Current Claim Status:  P-O-P Validated -- Your claim has been validated by HQ on Mar 13, 2006 and is awaiting credit card authorization.
What a bunch of gumbos. The tire I ordered was canceled by AMT. I sent them two emails asking them to cancel the claim. Oh well, looks like I'm going to get the promotional tire before I buy a rear. Sweeet! :D

Claim Number:  0424Current Claim Status:  Credit Card Charged -- Your Credit Card has been successfully charged with a shipping fee of $25 on Mar 14, 2006.

It just keeps getting better. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased my rear tire on 2-25, mailed the information the following Monday. I received my front tire today!

Shep

Got a surprise at my doorstep today.

MY FREE NEW FRONT TIRE IS HERE !!!!! :D

WOW, that was fast. I never even got an e-mail from Pirelli that they charged my cc. Ordered the rear tire 2/25. Mailed the form in the next day. The rear tire arrived fron American moto tire last week. Now if I only had a bike to put them on. Dealer said I should get it back by the end of the week. The head was going back on this afternoon. <_< Even if it gets done sooner, I won't be able to pick it up until Sat. anyway. I've been chomping on the bit the past week.

Tim

When did you order?
I ordered from my local dealer on 2/24 and he received the rear on the 28th. I had it mounted on the 4th and sent my paperwork to Pirelli on the 6th.