Fuel Tank Proposal w/ 2nd FJR Fuel Tank

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job.... That is is something similar to what im going to make myself in real life. I'm sure I will post a little something when I do.... can you post some pictures of your smuggler on your FJR.... I have not seen that yet......... Thanks !
Try this if you haven't already:

https://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yfjr13_smug.shtml

On my bike:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kenhattan/set...57594362896376/

WOW... those are great pictures...... That thing looks kick butt...... How much space do you have inside 'about' ? Is it all finished out like most of Corbins cases? Thanks again

No One,
What the hell's taking so long? OCC can build a bike in an hour!

HHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL...LOL........LOL.........LMFAO ! I'm sure have seen there bikes in 'real life'? JUNK ! and they get paid from the top, bottom, side to side... they get paid from every freaking direction..... and they don't have to make one darn customer happy and they don't care..... . (on there TV bikes) they do have some POS production bikes.......... They don't have to test anything, Etc.. LOL

With the joking aside, I hope to have a few made up and start really testing in the next week or two.. Maybe by the end of next week. I'm looking for a GEN I to stop by the shop and we should have a GEN II next week... I'm sure im going to build a few, test them out in the real world and several things will need to change. So I will have to make another and Etc, Etc If ya like why don't you Email me and we can talk about several things jaxonATwildcardcustomsDOTcom or give me a shout 817-831-9700

Were working on several things, but your talking about the 'crash' bars right? Take care

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool....more email addys and phone numbers. Gotta get a hold of my spammerator......she's gonna be busy.

Cool....more email addys and phone numbers. Gotta get a hold of my spammerator......she's gonna be busy.
I think you can go about this a little different way.... I'm assuming we cant do that?

I think you can go about this a little different way.... I'm assuming we cant do that?
What the 'dotster is trying to say is when you publish your email addy on the in'nernets it's bound to be spammed. Try this form next time so the 'bots don't get it:

joeschmoe AT crappyprovider DOT com

Goddamnit, twn....why ya gotta be helpful on friday. There oughta be a rule.........

What the 'dotster is trying to say is when you publish your email addy on the in'nernets it's bound to be spammed. Try this form next time so the 'bots don't get it:

Would you stop posting my email address? Like I don't get enough spam as it! Sometimes, I wish crappyprovider had a good spam filter, but what do you expect?

Chris

THANKS !!

I’m sure Mike Corbin has a patent..... he-he.... we can do a 'smuggler' type device.. no problem.. BUT if you want it to look very similar to the Corbin
Thanks, no...
and you would like it to have all the cool features of the Corbin
Like odd corners, a flimsy hinge that intrudes into the cargo space, and a leaky lid? Again: Thanks, no.
Ideally, for me:

The only thing that I'd like to see similar to the Corbin is the ability to use it and a Givi topbox rack at the same time. I don't care if I have to close one to open/close the other. (OTOH. I'm a topbox only guy- I never use the side bags. If this were big enough to replace the topbox, then remove my previous restriction...)

A little more plain is fine (and easier to mold, hence cheaper, I'm sure).

A bigger lid like the Oz cop bike, so it's easier to make it seal Again, this would probably be easier to design / construct.

A pre-drilled hole with rubber plug, to put electrical bits in. (Maybe an optional pre-installed fuse panel with relay and "always on" "switched" sides)

A finish that won't look like crap (scratch) the first time the tired rider drags his boot across it getting on or off.

If you're going to do a fuel cell version, something that could be installed sans pump, etc- anyone remember the old ST1100 fuel cell like that? The top of the fuel cell was the same height as the stock tank and the bottom was higher than the pickup in the tank, with a vent between the two- so gas just flowed naturally between them. More a remote extension of the natural tank than a separate device.

It would not break my heart if, in an emergency, one could put a Pillion back there. It may not be long-term comfortable, but good enough to get a passenger to town.

12_tcm42-195371.jpg

2_tcm42-195341.jpg

Note the upper fairing extensions for better hand protection...

I’m sure Mike Corbin has a patent..... he-he.... we can do a 'smuggler' type device.. no problem.. BUT if you want it to look very similar to the Corbin
Thanks, no...
and you would like it to have all the cool features of the Corbin
Like odd corners, a flimsy hinge that intrudes into the cargo space, and a leaky lid? Again: Thanks, no.
Ideally, for me:

The only thing that I'd like to see similar to the Corbin is the ability to use it and a Givi topbox rack at the same time. I don't care if I have to close one to open/close the other. (OTOH. I'm a topbox only guy- I never use the side bags. If this were big enough to replace the topbox, then remove my previous restriction...)

A little more plain is fine (and easier to mold, hence cheaper, I'm sure).

A bigger lid like the Oz cop bike, so it's easier to make it seal Again, this would probably be easier to design / construct.

A pre-drilled hole with rubber plug, to put electrical bits in. (Maybe an optional pre-installed fuse panel with relay and "always on" "switched" sides)

A finish that won't look like crap (scratch) the first time the tired rider drags his boot across it getting on or off.

If you're going to do a fuel cell version, something that could be installed sans pump, etc- anyone remember the old ST1100 fuel cell like that? The top of the fuel cell was the same height as the stock tank and the bottom was higher than the pickup in the tank, with a vent between the two- so gas just flowed naturally between them. More a remote extension of the natural tank than a separate device.

It would not break my heart if, in an emergency, one could put a Pillion back there. It may not be long-term comfortable, but good enough to get a passenger to town.
I agree with you... I can make or design just about anything. So I don't sound like a commercial... I do anything you or anyone might want. Just let me know! :)

12_tcm42-195371.jpg
2_tcm42-195341.jpg

These are great close ups... where did you find them? These are similar to the 'crash' bars im working on.. We will probably offer different styles for different riders/applications.

These are great close ups... where did you find them? These are similar to the 'crash' bars im working on.. We will probably offer different styles for different riders/applications.
They were on the previously-referenced https://www.yamaha-motor.nl/politie/politie_buitenland.jsp site.

I'm noting that I' see photos of those hand-guards on Gen I & Gen II bikes. Kind of torques me off a bit; I'll admit there are days when the weather is crap that I envy the ST1300 riders and their Hugh Jass fairings.

zichtbaarheid_tcm42-71695.jpg
18_tcm42-195389.jpg