Garage Organisation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are talking about the 55 Ford it is newer underneath than on top but it is all Ford except the power steering. It is nice enough to be cute but is also a daily driver but it isn't worth a shit in the ice so it sits a lot for now.

If you are talking about the 55 Ford it is newer underneath than on top but it is all Ford except the power steering. It is nice enough to be cute but is also a daily driver but it isn't worth a shit in the ice so it sits a lot for now.
Yes, sorry, I was reffering to your truck. I messed up the quote. I have been thinking of geting an older truck. I have a Dakota R/T right now. I am tired of all the smog crap we have to do down here in SoCal, so I am starting to look. My Dakota runs well, though I have always been a Ford guy. What kind of drivetrain to do you have in it?

Rick

I understand the Socal thing. I left there and never looked back in 77.

The truck has a 70, 302 Ford with a AOD 4 speed auto with a stock diff. The engine isn't stock but isn't a real hot rod. I am more interested in milage and dependability at this point. At some point I will upgrade the brakes a bit but that will be it. The next one is a 48 Ford coupe that my dad bought new. The two of them will be my drivers.

Guys I would like to see how you are organized in your garage. :)

Please post pics !

We could exchange ideas !!!! :yahoo:

It's a mess, I admit it :lol:

fjrgarage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what Pierre is asking is what type of floor covering is that.. paint.. epoxy ... etc ??

A clean garage is the sign of a sick mind :D you're really sick ! Throw some stuff on the floor will ya !!!

I wondering what floor covering your using, and clean garage does not mean your gay, but that your organized, :p

I had the Rustoleum Epoxy Paint in my previous garage and loved it! I could drop a pry bar from 5' and it wouldn't so much as knick it. Unfortunately, I cant do that in my new garage because the previous owner waited for several years of crap to build up on the floor and THEN sealed it... :angry:

Now I am looking at renting a concrete grinder to remove all the sealant and then polishing/sealing the floor to a point that I can see myself smiling in it.....

Pic of the old garage with the epoxy shield........

PICT0063.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

Been working on this since late August. It's gotten even better since the pics with the addition of a disco ball, dvd player, rag wringer, air compressor and additional artwork.

Before:

P8310112.jpg

P8310111.jpg

After:

PB180200.jpg

PB180200.jpg

PB180187.jpg

PB180201.jpg

PB180188.jpg

Velvet, are you using garage floor mats from Griots Garage? Those look EXACTLY like some they offer. Did you have any problem getting them to lay flat at the edges? I've thought about using a floor paint but thought again when I realized I would have have to get EVERYTHING out of the garage! To much to have to move and leave out while I wait on the floor to dry so I thought about using floor mats. Any problems - would you use them again?

Thanks!

Velvet, are you using garage floor mats from Griots Garage? Those look EXACTLY like some they offer. Did you have any problem getting them to lay flat at the edges? I've thought about using a floor paint but thought again when I realized I would have have to get EVERYTHING out of the garage! To much to have to move and leave out while I wait on the floor to dry so I thought about using floor mats. Any problems - would you use them again?
Thanks!
I used the coin pattern mat from americangaragefloor.com. The pics were taken about an hour after I laid the mats and they needed to relax some. i waited a week to do the final trim, put doublestick carpet tape on the seams and they just disappeared. You will still need to clear the garage to install the mats, but you can do it one bay at a time.

I chose the mats because they are not as slippery as the expoy when they are wet, we get a lot of rain in the Seattle area. :angry: Also, with only two seams I don't have to worry about water getting under the mat.

Velvet-

I was leaning towards those mats ( iwas looking at the less expensive ones with ruts, instead of the coin pattern) ...I like the look and the fact they you really dont have to worry about future peeling. How have they held up since you installed them? Any drawbacks so far?