Garmin Wiring Harnesses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude-
That GPS works great, sound too. Try different cables for the audio section. The cabling is finickly...expecially if going from mono to stereo etc. You're probably not getting a good connection where the 2.5mm female on the harness meets with your audio cable. You can easily test this by pulling the male 2.5mm lead out just a bit. That often kicks the sound in.

I had to put a small rubber o-ring on the lead keeping it from going in all the way now it worked fine.

The speaker on the other cord works fine.

Unfrickenbelievable.

Just got an email from Garmin giving me a full refund on the two replacement cables I ordered. This company is golden!!!!!!!!

I agree... I'm quite impressed with their customer service...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem with my 2720 tried troubleshooting the cables and then spoke to Autocom , they said the garmin connector is cr*p and to cut it off and solder the cable to their intercom cable . Hey presto not a problem since and the sound is so clear .

If I'd known that at the start I could have saved myself hours

:blink:

I've had the same problem with my garmin cable. I filled it with dielectric grease, plugged in the patch to my audio system and then wrapped it with tape to hold it perfectly still.

I've had the same problem with my garmin cable. I filled it with dielectric grease, plugged in the patch to my audio system and then wrapped it with tape to hold it perfectly still.
Um, didn't (wouldn't ) that short out the two audio conductors? :huh:

tontofjr Posted May 11 2006, 02:54 PM

I had the same problem with my 2720 tried troubleshooting the cables and then spoke to Autocom , they said the garmin connector is cr*p and to cut it off and solder the cable to their intercom cable . Hey presto not a problem since and the sound is so clear .
I'm on my second cable. I run it thru my auto-com which is in my tank bag. I have to be able to disconect when I get fuel. Is there a connector I can use to replace the garmin connector?

Um, didn't (wouldn't ) that short out the two audio conductors? :huh:
Nope. Dielectric grease prevents current transfer. It just gets squeezed out of the way where contact needs to be made and keeps water out of everything else.