Gathering Of The Clans, Part Deux?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, what happened to Effjay after lunch?  I didn't see him leave and his bike was gone from the lot when we left.  Anyone know?
TWN.

Sorry for bailing right after lunch without saying goodbye. I opted for a solo ride home, stopped just for gas in Buellton and arrived home in Cam at 4:30. I sure enjoyed seeing familiar and new faces and an array of farkled FJRs. Our outbound leg was less than desirable with unplanned traffic delays, but how about those beautious ocean vistas and balmy breezes on our return leg (82* in S.B. at 4 PM)?

Effjay
No problem. I just figured that the sight of FatNakedGuy just scared the bajeepers out of you! :D

Good to see you too and glad you could join us. See you soon!

One of the great highlights: Watching some other guys have to push-start one of their bikes. Was it a Harley? A most enjoyable moment, as evident by the applause of the FJR crowd upon the successful push-start. :clap: :clap: :clap:

UNBELIEVABLE!!! 82*, no wind, and crystal clear on the coast. How often does that happen? I really regretted not bringing the mesh jacket. I was toasty.

Thanks everyone for a great gathering, great food and great company. The girls had so much fun they were singing Kareoke Saturday night (after a few drinks of course).

FNG: Awesome photos. Thanks for sharing. :clap:

Toecutter: The bike that needed to be push started was a Honda with only 300 miles on it. He had a dead battery. I told him he should have bought a Yamaha. He took it in good humor. :D

Thanks everyone for a great gathering, great food and great company.  The girls had so much fun they were singing Kareoke Saturday night (after a few drinks of course). 
The few pictures I took with my cell phone at the Motel6 didn't come out worth a crap. But man, that sure was a fun little bar and it was great hanging out with you guys.

Thanks everyone for a great gathering, great food and great company.  The girls had so much fun they were singing Kareoke Saturday night (after a few drinks of course). 
The few pictures I took with my cell phone at the Motel6 didn't come out worth a crap. But man, that sure was a fun little bar and it was great hanging out with you guys.
No pic's means no evidence !! He's making it all up !! :D

Good hanging with ya Getsum, bring the SO next time, the girls need back up singers. :lol:

The coast run was so great we're going to run it again this weekend! WHOO HOO !! B)

Getsum:  We loved your company as well.  Are we going to see you again at WFO in Reno?  :)

No pic's means no evidence !! He's making it all up !! 
Good hanging with ya Getsum, bring the SO next time, the girls need back up singers. 

The coast run was so great we're going to run it again this weekend! WHOO HOO !! 
:lol: I was really hoping that picture of all those karaoke slips came out, that was pretty damn funny.

I'm planning on going, but I don't think my wife can handle the 654 mile trip on the back of the FJR; she has a bad back and goes to a chiropractor twice a week. I'm slowly breaking her in on longer rides though, so you never know. The longest I’ve ride I’ve done with her is barely out to the Sunrise Highway via Japatul Rd/ Pine Valley and her back was sore when we got back, but she loves it.

Anyway, my dad lives in South Lake Tahoe so I’m planning on heading up to see him at the same time. Hopefully I can take the whole week off and hit up Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park on the way. I’m still in the planning stages.

Guess we missed a really cool get-together :(

oh well, can't make them all.

Really good pics Rick. Deb & I enjoyed them.

good thing that the wedding we attended on the 19th was fantastic, would have been a real bummer otherwise ;)

Getsum:  We loved your company as well.  Are we going to see you again at WFO in Reno?   :)

No pic's means no evidence !! He's making it all up !! 
Good hanging with ya Getsum, bring the SO next time, the girls need back up singers. 

The coast run was so great we're going to run it again this weekend! WHOO HOO !! 
:lol: I was really hoping that picture of all those karaoke slips came out, that was pretty damn funny.

I'm planning on going, but I don't think my wife can handle the 654 mile trip on the back of the FJR; she has a bad back and goes to a chiropractor twice a week. I'm slowly breaking her in on longer rides though, so you never know. The longest I’ve ride I’ve done with her is barely out to the Sunrise Highway via Japatul Rd/ Pine Valley and her back was sore when we got back, but she loves it.

Anyway, my dad lives in South Lake Tahoe so I’m planning on heading up to see him at the same time. Hopefully I can take the whole week off and hit up Sequoia National Park and Yosemite National Park on the way. I’m still in the planning stages.
I know all about bad backs, been riding with a bulging disc since before Easter, pretty painful sometimes! The hardest part is throwing the leg over the bike and picking it off the kickstand.

Buy the wife a kidney belt if she does not have one already, it will help ease the pain.

Rogdeb... missed ya both !! :(

Great weekend great riding down to lunch good food good people that were their and a whole lot of fun at the bar. I am glad that when i woke -up the next day I did not have a head ache as others might have.

The ride back and the weather was perfect and what a road to ride. Well I left at 8:01am and pulled into my drive way at 2:40 pm and that is with two gas stops and about 25 min. lunch. destination-- woodland ca.

:clap: :clap: :clap: weekend rider

If you plan this trip to South Lake Tahoe, and hit the two parks, I'd be interested going if you would like 2-up company. My wife & I had a great time and it was her first time riding this many miles on this trip and on a new bike. She already wants to go on another trip so maybe we can go together.

Last weekends ride was truly a "SPORT touring" event, maybe we can consider the "TOURING sport" side of riding, enjoying the scenery, riding safer speeds, stopping a few more times for the women to stretch out. We can go this weekend, monday, next weekend, let me know if you'd like company.

If you plan this trip to South Lake Tahoe, and hit the two parks, I'd be interested going if you would like 2-up company. My wife & I had a great time and it was her first time riding this many miles on this trip and on a new bike. She already wants to go on another trip so maybe we can go together.

Last weekends ride was truly a "SPORT touring" event, maybe we can consider the "TOURING sport" side of riding, enjoying the scenery, riding safer speeds, stopping a few more times for the women to stretch out. We can go this weekend, monday, next weekend, let me know if you'd like company.
If there's still gas in the tank ... why stop ??? :p

...riding safer speeds, stopping a few more times for the women to stretch out...
I'd just take a car...Where's that confounded yawning emoticon? The bike gives me natural juice to stay awake. In the car it's sunflower seeds.

B) Just want to say thanks to Twowheelnut for taking the time to follow through and making this event happen. Riding up with Turbo Dave and everyone was a lot of fun and the company, weather and food was great. Then after staying in Morro Bay and having a great mexican dinner, Turbo showed me some of California's best back roads into the Inland Empire. 750 miles of great riding. I think he probably knows every road in a 400 mile radius from L.A.

Well, thanks again and hope to do it again real soon. Dan

(PS) Please say a prayer for Dave on Dec. 28th when he will be going into the Hospital to have some work done on his heart.