Gathering Of The Clans, Part Deux?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to make it, but it depends on my workload as well. It's about a 5 hour drive from my house in El Cajon, so I could probably be in that area around 10 or 11. I'd probably leave really early to beat the LA traffic. Stay the night and come back Sunday morning I guess.

I have wanted to hit up Solvang anyway and I could do that on the way back as well.

Hmm, sounds like fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
scottish.gif
Alrighty then! The Clans will gather again...

[SIZE=14pt]Saturday, November 19th, 1:00 pm @ Fat Cats Café, Port San Luis [/SIZE](Avila Beach just south of Morro Bay).

Fat Cat's Café

Post up! I need a head count for lunch reservations.

Since this is a day ride for most of us, I will not be making lodging deals/reservations. Y'all who need/want to overnight will need to make your own connections. Sorry, the Château du Écrou is all booked up. Suggest the following hotels:

Econo Lodge

1100 Main St

Morro Bay, CA 93442

(805) 772-5609

Days Inn

1095 Main St

Morro Bay, CA 93442

(805) 772-2711

Best Western

1129 Market Ave

Morro Bay, CA 93442

(805) 772-7376

Holiday Inn

1800 Monterey St

San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

(805) 544-8600

For a wild & wacky stay (it ain't cheap though):

Madonna Inn

100 Madonna Rd

San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

(805) 543-3000

https://www.madonnainn.com/

For the SoCal Clan: Let me know if you wanna ride up as a group. I'll plan a nice little ride up that will involve as little of the 101 as possible. To that end, we will meet at Mr. Spinny Head's alma marta, the Jack in the Box in Ventura just off of the Victoria Ave. exit at 9:00 am.

NorCal Clan: Decide among yourselves how y'all wanna get there.

Thanks for the email, Highlander. Just trying to make all happy. And :secret: is the word, bird!

TWN, count me in!

So nice of you to make lunch at the front gate of my second job (diablo canyon)..

Maybe I'll bring some zoomies with me so you don't have to install pia lights..

I'll be working night shift.. how long do you think the gathering will hang at Fat Cat's?

Well lemmesee, your forcing me to leave Santa Cruz and drive all the way down Highway One to Avilla and then drive back up the most beautiful scenic twisty road in the state? Oh the pain the pain. :D

We're in ! Way to go Big Dawg!!

I'm in. I'm thinking of heading out to Ventura to meet up at the Spinning Head, but not sure 'bout that part yet. But I'll be at FatCats.

scottish.gif
Alrighty then! The Clans will gather again...
[SIZE=14pt]Saturday, November 19th, 1:00 pm @ Fat Cats Café, Port San Luis [/SIZE](Avila Beach just south of Morro Bay).

Fat Cat's Café

Post up! I need a head count for lunch reservations.
Sign me up for two at the table! And thanks for hookin' this up. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not wanting to hijack the 'Gathering Of Clans' thread and my last input until I deliver not just blow smoke...

weekend rider:Morrow bay sounds good also the ranch sounds good also as wella as overnight. Since it is a ranch and you have a dirt bike (dcarver) do we need to bing our dirt bikes also? I hope u-haul has a toe bar for my FJR so I can bing it with me.

Bigdolma:

hey man, don't start something you can't finish.

Make the plan, pick the date and time.....

remember, if you build it, they will come 

dcarver: ..but, after December, especially after May (guess why May??) I'd be open to have a group of FeeJs' over to my ranch for a weekend ride around some of the best roads in SLO county and a over-niter with BBQ, good tunes, a campfire and plenty of El Toro Poo-Poo.
This WILL happen. Perhaps I got ahead of myself.. ya'll don't know me personally but those who do know that I do what i say... This is a different thread, different time. Right now all I do is work, come home, work. I can't even keep up with forum, what with all the new members and all.. (congrats WC!).

And I don't have an FJ so I'm just a freakin' poser at this point. However my FJMS (manual shift) is ordered. Hence the May date frame. Hopefully the delivery is not August as other threads have asserted..

I DO have a pretty neat place, something that most folks don't have, a home and campground, all in one.. and I'm willing to share it with the FJ community. And will do so when I have an FJ and spare time.

In the 'between' time, FatCats is a great place to meet and I thank TWN for putting it together - I look forward to meeting ya'll and putting faces to monikers.

and... yes, if you have an MX bike bring it! Of course I will personally photograph the FIRST FJ to clear my table top.. It's only 75 feet...

Not wanting to hijack the 'Gathering Of Clans' thread and my last input until I deliver not just blow smoke...

weekend rider:Morrow bay sounds good also the ranch sounds good also as wella as overnight. Since it is a ranch and you have a dirt bike (dcarver) do we need to bing our dirt bikes also? I hope u-haul has a toe bar for my FJR so I can bing it with me.

Bigdolma:

hey man, don't start something you can't finish.

Make the plan, pick the date and time.....

remember, if you build it, they will come 

dcarver: ..but, after December, especially after May (guess why May??) I'd be open to have a group of FeeJs' over to my ranch for a weekend ride around some of the best roads in SLO county and a over-niter with BBQ, good tunes, a campfire and plenty of El Toro Poo-Poo.
This WILL happen. Perhaps I got ahead of myself.. ya'll don't know me personally but those who do know that I do what i say... This is a different thread, different time. Right now all I do is work, come home, work. I can't even keep up with forum, what with all the new members and all.. (congrats WC!).

And I don't have an FJ so I'm just a freakin' poser at this point. However my FJMS (manual shift) is ordered. Hence the May date frame. Hopefully the delivery is not August as other threads have asserted..

I DO have a pretty neat place, something that most folks don't have, a home and campground, all in one.. and I'm willing to share it with the FJ community. And will do so when I have an FJ and spare time.

In the 'between' time, FatCats is a great place to meet and I thank TWN for putting it together - I look forward to meeting ya'll and putting faces to monikers.

and... yes, if you have an MX bike bring it! Of course I will personally photograph the FIRST FJ to clear my table top.. It's only 75 feet...
Dcarver.......where ya from?

An FJ run AND a private moto track in one shot? A dream come true.....

:)

As for 11-19.....let me check with the wifey.....I will get back at you guys B)