Gathering Of The Clans, Part Deux?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the emprical evidence seems to suggest that HD riders do see you (even without all the chrome) ........ then they take aim.
MCML, It just proves that even Harley riders can get jealous of an oncoming rice burner. :lol:

BTW is the bike all ship shape again?

Sorry twice in 1 day TWN for another mini thread highjack. :eek:

The wife just gave the go ahead for this ride, so count in. I will be 2up

Mcml glad to see your back on the bike and going to be there.

Skyway were you riding the zx10 or were you riding with someone with one?

Alan

Looks like a good turn out. To bad we don't all have FJRForum hats with our forum names on them. We now have to remember twice as many names and be able to make an association between a "face to face name" and a "Forum name".

This is to much for my lil brain.

BTW is the bike all ship shape again?
No, no repairs have been started. The muffler is dented, the panier is destroyed and some plastic is cracked. The mechanical systems seem to be o.k. I am waiting for the claim adjuster's inspection to be followed by reaching agreement, hopefully, on the amount of the check. Since I have all the pricing on the parts and a rough estimate of the labor time involved that process should go smoothly unless the insurance company decides to play games. I have a set of Tourmaster Cortech paniers (that I used to use on my SV650) I can return to service if I need the storage space in the interim.

Looks like a good turn out. To bad we don't all have FJRForum hats with our forum names on them. We now have to remember twice as many names and be able to make an association between a "face to face name" and a "Forum name".
This is to much for my lil brain.
I'll try and bring some nametags. Rogue has a hat with his name on it. I have a hard time with all the names & nicknames as well.

@Highlander...glad to be back too. It has been a while...had many things going on.

Looking forward to the ride..can't wait.

Armand

Holy crap! We're gonna overwhelm Fat Cat's! Looks like we'll need to split into groups and or stagger lunch. I'm going to request the deck which should fit us all, but...

Gonna be a hoot!

@Toecutter, I was down I-5 this evening and thought the same, why not take Hwy 152-Hwy 156-Hwy 1 through Monterey and then ride down the coast. Maybe hook up with Ol' Smoothie hisself (and his bride).

Highlander or TWN or whomever, how long to ride from Monterey to Morro Bay? (Keep in mind I don't ride as fast as you two...never mind, I'll add a fudge factor!)

I would go 80 to 680 through the Bay Area and get onto 17 and 1. Better scenery, IMO.

And go right by Highlander's house.

@Toecutter, I was down I-5 this evening and thought the same, why not take Hwy 152-Hwy 156-Hwy 1 through Monterey and then ride down the coast. Maybe hook up with Ol' Smoothie hisself (and his bride).
Highlander or TWN or whomever, how long to ride from Monterey to Morro Bay? (Keep in mind I don't ride as fast as you two...never mind, I'll add a fudge factor!)
It's about 140 miles if you come down 1. At your speed, you should leave on Wednesday! :p :D :haha:

By the way, Fat Cat's is in Port San Luis (Avila Beach) just south or Morrow Bay.

It takes about 4 + hours to ride the coast from SC to Avilla, that's if the coast is clear and dry ( no fog ) and you pass any motorhomes slowing you down!! Lots of places are double yellow, so.... :D .

It's THE most scenic road in all of Cali, compares with the Fort Bragg section above SF.

Any and all riders would be welcome to spend the night at our place, we plan an early start on Sat AM, 'cause I might even stop and take a pic or two. B)

Holy crap! We're gonna overwhelm Fat Cat's! Looks like we'll need to split into groups and or stagger lunch. I'm going to request the deck which should fit us all, but...
Gonna be a hoot!
Well, there's always the Olde Port Inn, out on the end of the Avila pier. The food is great and the location is better. They even have an upstairs room that will seat about 50.

Holy crap!  We're gonna overwhelm Fat Cat's!  Looks like we'll need to split into groups and or stagger lunch.  I'm going to request the deck which should fit us all, but...
Gonna be a hoot!
Well, there's always the Olde Port Inn, out on the end of the Avila pier. The food is great and the location is better. They even have an upstairs room that will seat about 50.
Well, we may just have to wonder down there. I'll see at the end of the week.

AY-yi-yi-yi-yi. So I'm looking at leaving Sacramento @ 0600 to meet for lunch.....figuring 2 1/2 hrs to San Jose/Santa Cruz, or stay on the 101 and take 156 from Prunedale.

It looks like this might be a three day trip friday, saturday return sunday. For me why hurry I will leave friday around 7am I-5 to 152 to monteray down Hwy1 and probally motel it in San Luis Obispo. Saturday will have only a 15 mile ride for lunch and be able to enjoy the area. This sounds like a good plan so I do not have to ride to fast and keep an extra sharp eye out for LEO"s. If any one wants to join up I am extending the inviation will confirm and book motel around end of Oct. ride fast ride safe weekend rider B) B) B)

Question, do you guys use any type of communication?  My wife and I use the Chatterbox when talking with group members of the other clubs, when riding on group rides.  What do you guys use, if any?
Eve has this marvelous method of communicating with cage drivers....
Hand signals ;)
But seriously, I have a set of Motorola hand-helds but have never used them bike-to-bike. Tried to synch with a chatterbox on the Sequoia ride but frequencies weren't compatible. Maybe somebody else has a setup that will work? I'll try to bring 'em along just in case.

So, are we meeting up with any NorCalers in Fresno? If'n I were y'all, I'd head straight for Monterey and take the 1 down to SLO, then 101 to Avila, but we welcome the company if you want to head down this way.

Twowheelnut – 2-up
I'll believe that when I see it, and hope to see it.
I have a Yaesu VX-7 that will talk to anything.... er, that would be illegal wouldn't it.... disregard

looks like i may be two up. also as we get closer to the event maybe someone can pick a meeting point for san diego group and orange county group such as myself in laguna hills. it might be easier to meet on the 5 hwy side and may i suggest meeting at the spectrum? since it is at the intersection of the 5 hwy and 405 hwy split? possibly in front of the ferris wheel? well just my idea and ill have my chatterbox set to channel 18.

Who's getting a room? I'm planning to get one, but if everyone is staying at a certain location I just might plan on joining ya'll. Otherwise it's the Best Western Morro Bay for me.

Update:

We're gonna have a slight change in venue. Same area, Port San Luis, different eatery. A very kind and helpful 'elf' has lent a hand is securing a new location! I need to make a couple of phone calls and hopefully get the info posted Friday or Saturday. All else stays the same!

Oh, and think: 'Yummy'. Ole!