Going across the USA on my motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take time to stop at the largest Bass Pro shop in Springfield Mo.I hope you take some time to tour the Ozarks.That area is amazing to me.A short drive east off hwy 69 in north eastern Oklahoma to Arkansas winding your way north to Mo the terrain changes dramatically.Sure beats that long flat drive on I44.Too bad I missed this post.I could have met up with you yesterday to show you FM455 in Texas.Very nice long rural ride with lots of turns between Anna and Sanger.A stop in Celina to photo the signs of how many state championships in football is a must or even better to watch one of the games Friday night.Get a photo of the arch when you reach St louis!

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go guys, keep posting!

We are in Houston and following your progress. It sure is bringing a smile to my face! And after all the bad news from the hurricane, seeing your posts is a blast!

Ride on, be safe!

Henry

Take time to stop at the largest Bass Pro shop in Springfield Mo.I hope you take some time to tour the Ozarks.That area is amazing to me.A short drive east off hwy 69 in north eastern Oklahoma to Arkansas winding your way north to Mo the terrain changes dramatically.Sure beats that long flat drive on I44.Too bad I missed this post.I could have met up with you yesterday to show you FM455 in Texas.Very nice long rural ride with lots of turns between Anna and Sanger.A stop in Celina to photo the signs of how many state championships in football is a must or even better to watch one of the games Friday night.Get a photo of the arch when you reach St louis!
I might,could,maybe put you in touch with the right people in my area, If your inclined... :)

Dudes!!

I'm having a blast just watching you guys on your trip. I know you are not going to go all the way down into West Palm Beach, FL.

No twisties at all!!! Flat as a board. BUT!! All sorts of water front Biker friendly Bars & Restaurants. and the Babes! Holy Crap!!, The babes in bathing suits all over the place year round drinking beer and partying. Not a bad place to live!!!

The pictures are great and in my mind I'm the third guy riding with you.

Keep the post coming for all of us that are eating our heart out!!

Hang Tough! Ride Safe.

Well done guys! :drinks:

Amazing trip and pretty cool pics. Y'all know how to have fun... :lol:

Keep your POSREPs coming and ride safe!

Stef

Made it into Missouri two nights ago.

Having a good time:

img_1976.jpg

Saying hi to other riders:

img_2003.jpg

At the state line:

img_5199.jpg

The next day, my buddy took me here:

img_5216.jpg

First time there. Food was disgustingly good.

Then my buddy took me to the Budweiser brewery in St. Louis, MO. here's some pics from our trip there:

img_5218.jpg

img_5219.jpg

img_5222.jpg

img_5227.jpg

img_2028.jpg

img_5239.jpg

img_2045.jpg

img_5251.jpg

img_2071.jpg

After leaving the brewery, we went to Busch stadium and got in free courtesy of the local PD :)

img_5263.jpg

The Cardinals were playing the Reds. Cards won.

img_5270.jpg

We leave St. Louis today, headed to Chicago, IL. We should be there early tonight.

More updates to come.

myke

IB, looks like you're having fun. FYE (for your entertainment) you should consider riding up or down through the mountain ranges of the east coast. The Appalacians & the Smokies. Something you shouldn't miss if you're a serious canyon carver. Be safe & have fun, Heidi

The next day, my buddy took me here:

img_5216.jpg

First time there. Food was disgustingly good.

Dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! White Castle Burgers???

I grew up on those things!! Forget Disney!!

WHITE CASTLE is the Happiest Place on Earth!!!

This is Bringing Tears to my Eyes!! I'm Loving this Trip!!

You have my Complete Attention Now!! Keep the Pics Coming!!

Good to see you guys are having such a good time.

When you get to Chicago check the area around Rush st. and Divsion st., you'll have a good time. Also, don't forget to take a ride along Lakeshore Dr. Heading north from the loop, it will take you along the lake and into the northern suburbs where it then becomes Sheridan Rd. It's a beautiful ride - highly recommended!

Some new pics

The Arch at St. Louis:

img_2096.jpg

It started raining on our way to Chicago:

img_5306.jpg

img_2175.jpg

Finally got there and got me a nice Chicago style pizza:

img_5313.jpg

Left Chicago this morning and it was raining again until after the Indiana state line:

img_5322.jpg

Then we reached Ohio:

img_5333.jpg

img_5337.jpg

After we got into Ohio, the weather sucked. The rain just started pouring and to make things worse, it had gotten dark already.

We finally decided to stop at Cleveland for the night. We were soaked from the waist down. We were hungry so we had dinner at the Cleveland Chophouse:

img_5346.jpg

Tomorrow I think we're going to head up to Buffalo, NY for some wings :)

More updates and pics to come later.

myke

ps.

Riding in the rain sucks ;)

Tomorrow I think we're going to head up to Buffalo, NY for some wings :)
More updates and pics to come later.
Still lookin' good Myke, even in the damp weather.

Make sure you find The Anchor Bar in Buffalo. It doesn't look like much, but that is the place that Buffalo wings were invented. Gastronomic history !!

Keep those shiny parts up!!

Myke,

Great posts, keep em coming.

What is your total milage so far?

Is there any region you are staying away from?!

Stay safe!