Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure they are mostly good people. Trying to get folks to stretch their minds around new ideas can be difficult. And that pretty much is a human condition, accross all of time, countries, beliefs, etc.
If you really want to stir the pot over there, just tell them I said that only riders that have ridden 500 miles w/o putting a foot down may post on the CT topic. No one else is suitably experienced to comment. No stops, no gas, just riding for 500 miles.

A. No sport bike rider has the range.

B. Most other riders don't have the range or desire.

C. Those few that do have the range, probably aren't interested in posting anyway.

:devil: :rofl:
Damn, Eric...how big is your aux tank? :blum:

4.8 Gal. I have 11.4 on hand when full. Now understand, if I'm in NV, I won't get 500 out of a tank. If I'm wandering about OR/WA or on back roads all day, it's easy to get over 500 on a tank. Once hit 525 w/o going into reserve, (on real gas, not E10)

I'm sure they are mostly good people. Trying to get folks to stretch their minds around new ideas can be difficult. And that pretty much is a human condition, accross all of time, countries, beliefs, etc.
If you really want to stir the pot over there, just tell them I said that only riders that have ridden 500 miles w/o putting a foot down may post on the CT topic. No one else is suitably experienced to comment. No stops, no gas, just riding for 500 miles.

C. Those few that do have the range, probably aren't interested in posting anyway.

Is this one of those "size matters" issues? :blink:

======= well...........Does it..??? :jerry: :devil:

======= well...........Does it..??? :jerry: :devil:
Depends on what you do with it... :D

I've already bought my CT (thanks Howie). Am ready to get it mounted & balanced at my local Harley-dude shop. But I have a brand new set of PRII's in the garage and probably 3-4k miles left on the set on my bike now. I'll be sending my seat off to Russell in a little over a week for a makeover and I've attached a set of SS Marine horns to the FJR also, so now it sounds like a tug boat. I'm turning it into a genetic mutant motorcycle. I have a box sitting in my garage that contains (1) new left saddlebag w/accessories, (1) new left mirror and little attachment goodies & (1) new side case with gasket all painted purdy Raven Black ('cept the side case). I think I'll leave them in that box until I see if she'll fall over again after installing that Michelin CT.

Once I get that tire on I'll submit photos so I can have my official "Darkside" number issued by Eric!!

DarksideRiders2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, sweetie, it most certainly is. At least when you risk running out of gas in the middle of no where, or are doing LD Rallies where maximum amounts are set.

After that, well heck, I'm satisfied, and that's good enough!

;)

I've already bought my CT (thanks Howie). Am ready to get it mounted & balanced at my local Harley-dude shop. But I have a brand new set of PRII's in the garage and probably 3-4k miles left on the set on my bike now. I'll be sending my seat off to Russell in a little over a week for a makeover and I've attached a set of SS Marine horns to the FJR also, so now it sounds like a tug boat. I'm turning it into a genetic mutant motorcycle. I have a box sitting in my garage that contains (1) new left saddlebag w/accessories, (1) new left mirror and little attachment goodies & (1) new side case with gasket all painted purdy Raven Black ('cept the side case). I think I'll leave them in that box until I see if she'll fall over again after installing that Michelin CT.
Once I get that tire on I'll submit photos so I can have my official "Darkside" number issued by Eric!!

DarksideRiders2.jpg
Good Work, Dan! Eric-OCfjr: Will this make Big-D the first Arizonan with a car tire?

Oh come on now RadioHowie, at our advanced ages and with our geriatric prostates, our biggest question should be: "How big is Eric's bladder?" At age 61, I can still ride 500 straight, my bladder can't!

Oh come on now RadioHowie, at our advanced ages and with our geriatric prostates, our biggest question should be: "How big is Eric's bladder?" At age 61, I can still ride 500 straight, my bladder can't!
hell, i can't even ride 500 miles on an airplane without relieving my bladder :(

Doxyzosin is your friend for the "urgency" problem; 2 mg at night, problem solved for me. Ian, Iowa

You stop to pee?! :huh:

I'm still in the under 50 crowd. I tend to have less urgency while riding. Maybe it's the Russell Day Long?

I'm not sure if Big D will be the first in AZ or not. You'd have to check the profiles of the listed darksiders in the FAQ.

This needed a bump. :p
Me thinks Howie in on a mission.

A mission to make sure that this thread never dies.

:clapping: :yahoo:
Dear BPFowler: You're closer to Florida than I am, would you please be so kind as to ride over to Winter Haven; and bump that big fat ugly melon riding on his shoulders for me. Thank you very much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a record for pages on a certain thread (outside a certain vendor that can't be mentioned here any longer)?

Content warning! This post actually has some...

Now at 31685 miles on the original BT 019 Grid that started this thread. Still going strong, not at the wear bars and just finished a 6 day ride up to Hyder, Alaska, Hudson's Hope, BC and wandering points between.

1z4wrvs.jpg