Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to wonder if the guy who said "Neanderthal! Just a bit more lean and it'll be on the sidewall!" even looked at the video in the post above his. And I like the confusion of the width of the contact patch with the actual size of the contact patch. Yeah, the shape changes: It get longer as it get narrower. Unless the bike loses weight somehow during the turn . . . .

And I'm famous! One of those stolen pics was mine, and the first link is my thread at gtplanet. So I stole the Valkyrie vid and posted it there! :)

The same thing always happens, for every one guy that actually has some direct experience, there are 1000 guys with no experience that are sure it's wrong. And yeah, the sport bike crowd is the best! Some of these guys think 100 miles is a long ways and a tire that lasts 2k lasts them all season. "What's the point?" they ask. No kidding, for them, there is no point.

My favorite "reply" was the "If you can't afford tires, you shouldn't ride motorcycles."
Whadda dick! <_<
Howie, I am starting to think that it is a dead even tie between you and Old Michael as to who exactly is the most diplomatic person on our FJR Forum!!! Or just Radio, as dcarver refers to you as!

My favorite "reply" was the "If you can't afford tires, you shouldn't ride motorcycles."
Whadda dick! <_<
Howie, I am starting to think that it is a dead even tie between you and Old Michael as to who exactly is the most diplomatic person on our FJR Forum!!! Or just Radio, as dcarver refers to you as!
Mi amigo, this is what happens when he hasn't been active for a few days.

I'm talking about Bustanut, of course. When it comes to diplomatic skills, I'm the Secretary General compared to Barry. HE could piss off a snake just by talking to it. :D

dcarver is a dick, too. :)

( :wubsmiley: dcarver! )

I was going to post that all the criticism comes from those who just know it's wrong, dangerous, foolish, ruinous, retarded, blah blah blah. Nobody who's actually done it and ridden long enough to adapt has come back and said, "Whoa! that was stupid. I gotta get rid of this f'n tire quick!" Some who have borrowed a Dark bike have said, "Nah, not for me!" which is fine. None of them has said it was dangerous, stupid, foolish, etc.

Gee, what to do with the unwashed masses of ignorant savages???

The Great Question of All Times and Cultures.

Regarding sportbike guys' criticism: I'm not sure anyone with a liter bike or such would ever consider Darksiding such a bike. So why are they so offended by it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, what to do with the unwashed masses of ignorant savages???
Point 'em over to the Greenboard forum. :evil:

Regarding sportbike guys' criticism: I'm not sure anyone with a liter bike or such would ever consider Darksiding such a bike. So why are they so offended by it?
Yet they don't think twice about putting a 6 inch extension in their swingarms. And they talk about a CT screwing up their handling! :dribble:

Yet they don't think twice about putting a 6 inch extension in their swingarms. And they talk about a CT screwing up their handling! :dribble:
Excellent point. I'd love to see the responses, were that question posed there.

I had to laugh, on BOTH boards some dumbass asks: 'Is that even Legal?' :lol:

I may not have one mounted, but I'm there in spirit. Someday...someday.

So why are they so offended by it?
Cause they can... ;)

Don't be too harsh on 'em... most are really great people if maybe a little opinionated... hmmmm, sounds like another forum I frequent. :D
Car tires on motorcycles....

Dogs sleepin with cats n shit....

What's right an what's wrong anymore?

Who am I /we to judge?

I need a drink....

Car tires on motorcycles....
Dogs sleepin with cats n shit....

What's right an what's wrong anymore?

Who am I /we to judge?
Exacatacaly!

WD40 v. chain lube...

Oil choice ...

2-stroke v. 4-stroke...

When to change the blinker fluid...

How many farkles is enough...

The eternal battles... to each their own. ;)

I'm sure they are mostly good people. Trying to get folks to stretch their minds around new ideas can be difficult. And that pretty much is a human condition, accross all of time, countries, beliefs, etc.

If you really want to stir the pot over there, just tell them I said that only riders that have ridden 500 miles w/o putting a foot down may post on the CT topic. No one else is suitably experienced to comment. No stops, no gas, just riding for 500 miles.

A. No sport bike rider has the range.

B. Most other riders don't have the range or desire.

C. Those few that do have the range, probably aren't interested in posting anyway.

:devil: :rofl:

Oh, and yes, I've done that many times.

Last edited by a moderator: