Great Movie Quotes. I'll start.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so broke, if it took a quarter to go around the world, I couldn't get out of town.........................Gunny Highway-"Heartbreak Ridge"

You guys named some great movies but missed some of the best quotes.

"You can't fight in here. This is the war room!"
Dr Strangelove, another great one (I've used that quote a time or two)

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"
You can never go wrong with The Princess Bride

Here's a couple of others I like:

"Of course, you know what's legal in Amsterdam?"

"What a set of knockers! - Thank you!"

"I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen"

"If you guys know so much about women, what are you doing behind a gas-n-sip on a Saturday night?"

"Lets go get thrown out of Applebee's!"

"These aren't the droids you're looking for"

Space Balls: One huge quote!

I'm a Mog! Part man, part dog. I'm my own best friend!

I knew it! I'm surrounded by Assholes!

When will then be now? Soon.

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine.

I'm Will Munny and I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned.

You better bury Ned right; and don't go cuttin' up... nor otherwise harm no whores, or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons-a-bitches.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.

Will Munny: We all got it comin', kid.

Shut it down.

Woodrow Call: I'd like to see the herd that you and Jake could gather. Herd o' whores, maybe.

Gus McCrae: [pulling his pistol from under the blanket] No, sir; you ain't gettin' my leg. You don't boss me, Woodrow. I'm the only man you don't boss.

Woodrow Call: What do you want legs for anyway? You don't like to do nothing but sit on the porch and drink whiskey!

Lonesome Dove. Just the best western ever made. Can I get an amen?

Samuel L. Jackson's character in "Jackie Brown" describing the AK-47: (you know the one)"...accept no substitute."

Ned Pepper to Rooster Cogburn in "True Grit": "I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man."

True Grit's been mentioned here already -- actually, most of that movie is 'quote-able', imo. :)

Cry havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War.

You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon.

Kirk: Once again, we've saved civilization as we know it.

McCoy: And the good news is they're not going to prosecute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proximo: Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back.

Commodus: I call it love, Gracchus. The people are my children, I am their father. I shall hold them to my bosom and embrace them tightly...

Gracchus: Have you ever embraced someone dying of plague, sire?

Commodus: No, but if you interrupt me again, I assure you that you will.

Can they hear you?

-Who?

Your family. In the afterlife.

-Oh yes.

What do you say to them?

-To my son - I tell him I will see him again soon. To keep his heels down while riding his horse. To my wife... that is not your business.

I knew a man once who said, "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

What we do in life echoes in eternity.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Taggart: God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

Taggart: I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots

Reverend Johnson: Now I don't have to tell you good folks what's been happening in our beloved little town. Sheriff murdered, crops burned, stores looted, people stampeded, and cattle raped. The time has come to act, and act fast. I'm leaving.

Taggart: What do you want me to do, sir?

Hedley Lamarr: I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down.

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.

Taggart: [finding pen and paper] Could you repeat that, sir?

Be advised. I'm mean, nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters. So why don't you go hump somebody else's leg, mutt face, before I push yours in.

Gunny Tom Highway, Heartbreak Ridge

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
Wow, it even gives me goose flesh when I read it....

I was entirely unimpressed the first time I saw that movie. By the tenth time, it was a different story. I guess I was just so built up by Braveheart, that anything was a disappointment. One thing's for sure, IMHO, Joaquin Phoenix deserved an Oscar before Russel Crowe did.

Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while.
And dying in your beds many years from now,

would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that

they may take our lives, but they'll never take... our freedom!

Alba gu bra!

Wow, it even gives me goose flesh when I read it....

I was entirely unimpressed the first time I saw that movie. By the tenth time, it was a different story. I guess I was just so built up by Braveheart, that anything was a disappointment. One thing's for sure, IMHO, Joaquin Phoenix deserved an Oscar before Russel Crowe did.

Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while.
And dying in your beds many years from now,

would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that

they may take our lives, but they'll never take... our freedom!

Alba gu bra!
I agree on Joaquin.

But I was in a very bad way when that came out. Was as if it was tailor made for me. It was the right film at the right time. Went from emotionally decimated to unstoppable in the span of 2.5 hours and never popped another antidepressant. Never needed them in the first place. Just needed some revenge and I got it over time.

"If you sit by the river long enough, eventually you will see your enemy's body float by."

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

OK I just watched Under Siege again the other night.

One of my favorite lines from that movie crack me up everytime I watch it. Gary Busey's charcter, Cmdr Krill, dressed as a drag queen after shooting his Captain dead:

Krill: Do I look like I need a psychological evaluation?

Strannix: Not at all.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. <...>

All those... moments will be lost... in time, like tears... in rain. Time to die."

[SIZE=8pt](need I add it was Rutger Hauer's last line in "Blade Runner"?)[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrie, Jimmy's waiting.

You're past due.

I've been good to you.

But there's something

unreasonable going on here.

Jimmy's being a ball-breaker.

Give to on Cleveland.

I never had to pay the

vigorish he demands.

What am I, a schmuck

You borrowed his money. Pay him.