Help me ride into the World Record books!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donation sent. I consider it a payment for supporting us and the forum. Good luck. :)
Dale, good luck on your ride but I would offer one suggestion. Instead of going out buying a bunch of gas cards just call your Credit Card companies and let them know what you are doing and your expected expenses for the week. As long as they have been given notice you should have no problems. I did this when I purchased a couple grand worth of gift cards for work.

Donation sent. I consider it a payment for supporting us and the forum. Good luck. :)
Dale, good luck on your ride but I would offer one suggestion. Instead of going out buying a bunch of gas cards just call your Credit Card companies and let them know what you are doing and your expected expenses for the week. As long as they have been given notice you should have no problems. I did this when I purchased a couple grand worth of gift cards for work.

I've tried doing this a few times when taking off on rally's. My credit cards said they couldn't make a comment in their system for this. What I ended up doing was having them use my cell phone as my primary contact number. This way when I'm on the road if a card gets cut off, they'll call my cell and let me know. I can then tell them its OK. A bit of a pain in the ass, but its worked for me.

WC, My Company "R & R Window Installs" will sponser your fuel. I will cover whatever is not generated here for your estimated fuel costs. I need no labeling for the donation. Let me know 4 days before you leave how much you are short. I will cover it VIA paypal. I am far from rich, so to the others, please dont stop. I gotta eat too.
That means your ride is on, either way my friend
OK I dont want to step in on some ones Great offer but here it is hope this is OK.

Dogman If you would like I will split that with you through my company "Mehaffy Door and Hardware" and the same applies I dont need any of my stickers on Dale's bike

Dale has helped me directly and indirectly through this forum and now its good to be able to give back.

If this is intruding just tell me and I will make a donation.

Dale Your a Freakin Mad Man

WC, My Company "R & R Window Installs" will sponser your fuel. I will cover whatever is not generated here for your estimated fuel costs. I need no labeling for the donation. Let me know 4 days before you leave how much you are short. I will cover it VIA paypal. I am far from rich, so to the others, please dont stop. I gotta eat too.
OK I dont want to step in on some ones Great offer but here it is hope this is OK.

Dogman If you would like I will split that with you through my company "Mehaffy Door and Hardware" and the same applies I dont need any of my stickers on Dale's bike

Dale has helped me directly and indirectly through this forum and now its good to be able to give back.

Nope, We can share. I am just paying back the hard work that HE,, and many others have put into this board. You are on, we can split it

OK Dale,You gotta donation from me,but tell me this.

I know you're a bad ass LD rider,but how in the hell can you prepare for the fatigue that you'll be suffering halfway into this crazy ass ride?

I certainly hope you do acheive this goal and by the way you're fucking crazy.

Is GZ gonna be shadowing you or is he planning his own craziness?

Good luck to you and wish you success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dale,

Regarding the following in the BBG rules:

WARNING: If your motorcycle is equipped with a large fuel-tank, please note that you must stop at least once every 350 miles for gas (this is purely for documentation for your ride). Although we know it is possible to ride greater distances non-stop, we will not accept a claim of this type.
Are you just planning on stopping for a couple gallons every 350 miles just to satisfy the rule or are you getting a variance?

Same question on the documented start/stop times being gas receipts and the 'two witness' rule.

OK,Iread the thing about fatique on your website.You're good to go.
Yep, as long as these BBGs can be banged out at the rate I am planning, I should be able to score 3, perhaps almost 4 hours of sleep per day.

That's a lot more than I got during most of the Iron Butt Rally, so, I should be okay.

Should be, anyway..... :blink:

Nope, We can share. I am just paying back the hard work that HE,, and many others have put into this board. You are on, we can split it
Go for a 3 way on this.

My company will sponsor as well. Dont need a sticker. Just give me a link on your website so I can have a legit tax write off for Uncle Sam as Advertising (should they do an audit).

It looks like you are a go Fo sho.

Too bad its not and FJR, or I'ld insist Toe keeps his money on the seat :p

Are you just planning on stopping for a couple gallons every 350 miles just to satisfy the rule or are you getting a variance?
Same question on the documented start/stop times being gas receipts and the 'two witness' rule.
I'll be following all the original IBA rules for this gig: I have witnesses, fuel logs, etc. However, there are several areas where is is no gas station at that 350-mile point. Fortunately, I got authorization from the IBA to use a suitable substitute.... one can always use a time-stamped receipt from a non-fuel purchase, as long as the date, time and location is printed on the receipt, and the odometer reading is included.