Highway 36 and down the coast!!!!!! May 10-11-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like we may have a flight of 3 leaving Sacto Monday am for a day ride. We could leave Sac at 0700 and be in Red Bluff by 0900 -- or start earlier if desireable.
I could be a fourth for that group....

Anybody up that way got a spare cot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jen, I have been a big proponet of Hwy299 over 36, 299 is a much larger highway,

well maintained, and two lanes all the way, and great sweepers! 36 is so narrow in

spots, its one lane, and very rough, from 101 to I-5 299 is quicker, safer and much

more majestic, I know, been riding it for close to 30 years, and its still a joy.

You can hook into 44 to 89 to Mt Lassen, if it is even open by then, lots of snow

pack up on top. FWIW.

Bugnator is heading to Eureka! on the 10th of May, and we are going to do a day run up

to Klamath or the Trees of Mystery, Hit the new Highspeed bypass, lots of fun and

no CHP in that area, just damn big Roosevelt Elk.

FAFW

It looks like we may have a flight of 3 leaving Sacto Monday am for a day ride. We could leave Sac at 0700 and be in Red Bluff by 0900 -- or start earlier if desireable.

Dang. Flight of two. My youngun is scheduled for surgery May 11 - getting tubes in his ears. Sure hope they help.

I haven't heard otherwise...... King R.......... we still ridin??

Maybe OM could hang with us.... somewhere in the back row........

B.

Yes Brian we are still riding, I will call you early next week to sort out details.

Michael i have ridden with Patrick before I believe. It was exactly 2 years ago on mothers day 2007 we rode with Renojohn and some others somewhere up north of Sac (dont remember where).

Is that right Patrick?

I do remember chasing a couple of faster guys around up there all day would be fun to see if my skills have improved since then.....

As i have said before, the main reason for me to go ride hwy 36 is because Tim always said how much he loved that road so i have to go see why and a want to take a picture by the original sign.

R

So who is actually gonna make this ride??????Other than Brian.

Ric are you still coming?

Bob?

Spud?

Speak up guys....

and who is meeting us for Lunch in portola?? Madmike I hope you are coming!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Hey Richard....

Here is where I'm staying in Portola......

hotel clicky

Here is my Route to Portola... as much as non-planned routes go....

LOOKY

now ya know.........

B.

Last edited by a moderator:
k so my question is if you are spending the night in Portola where are we meeting (everyone) for lunch?

R

Michael i have ridden with Patrick before I believe. It was exactly 2 years ago on mothers day 2007 we rode with Renojohn and some others somewhere up north of Sac (dont remember where).Is that right Patrick?

R
Yep. You, RenoJohn, Uberkul, John T. and I all ran the Nevada (Hwy 431 near Washoe - WHEEE!) -> Hwy 49 -> Grass Valley part of the ride. I believe FJRob and a few others (flying junior?) met us near Grass Valley and played along for the last hour or so...

Hard to believe you forgot Hwy 193 between Kelsey and Placerville - You'll have to swing through and refresh your memory.

So lunch will be here..my guess is between 11-noon.

Morning Thunder Cafe

557 Lawrence St

Quincy, CA 95971

(530) 283-1310

Patrick that was 2 years ago and i have not been back since so yes i forgot.. but i remember now.

R

k so my question is if you are spending the night in Portola where are we meeting (everyone) for lunch?
R

== Quincy sounds fine for lunch, pick me up on the way.... it will give you another chance to

stop and burn your lungs.........

B.

I'm watching this ride develop like a hawk. If it is OK with you, I think I'll be making it a one-day ride Monday meeting you in Red Bluff and going down the coast to Stewart Point. From there I'll run home via Calistoga and Lake Berryessa.

Where are you staying Sun. night, and what time do you want to be on the road Monday? I have no problem with a 7:30 or 8:00 start from Red Bluff.

Alan

Hi Alan we are staying at a Travelodge at 38 Antelope Blvd in red Bluff.

Looks like it is on Highway 36 just west of the freeway.

I think it is Kick stands up at 8am....

R