Highway 36 and down the coast!!!!!! May 10-11-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian, looking forward to it!!
Diceman, factoring in logging trucks, pot growers, Caltrans, Piss Fir Willies,

lost tourists, white CHP "stealth" cruisers, and the long haul trucker taking a short cut, frequent incontenance

breaks for the likes of Brian and OM, 11:00-11:30 even Noon, Beautiful Downtown

Mad River is one hopping place, You don't lose your girl friend in Mad River,

you just lose your turn...

FWFE

Ya left something out. Thick as flies, they are. Maybe see you all up there Monday.

Mr. Carver....... would be good to see you again !! maybe things will change

suddenly. there is still time........

B.

HERE is my Spot tracker page for this trip. This will be updated between 5am tomorrow and midnight on Tuesday.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Meeting place in Woodland of Jack In The Box / Shell Station looks good. They are right next to each other. From northbound I-5, take County Road 102 offramp and turn right. They're just up the road on the right. See you all Monday.

...Piss Fir Willies...
Edmundo, I need help with that one. Please splain it.

Maybe see you all up there Monday.
Tease.
Oldish Michael, "Piss Fir Willie" is a slang term local loggers use for them durn gov't agents

patroling the woods in green pickups looking to harass loggers, and red tag a kids dirt bike

if there in no piss fir willie approved spark arrester, AKA U.S. Forest Service,. AND, now

they are armed! they have big assed "Law Enforcement" stickers on their vehicles. But then,

so are the Pot Growers....

FWFE

R........

Looks like you made it to Carson alive.......

I leave for Portola in the morning................

B......

they looked like they were missing some snow, I didn't take any pictures on the way up............

The coldest temp all day was 61 degrees going over Conway summit, was a perfect day to ride.

Looking forward to riding Sunday and Monday.

R

Okay, okay. I know you've all been wondering when I was going to commit. Well not yet. I've been watching this post for several weeks if not longer and believe it or not, I'm still undecided.

At this point I'm about 90% committed to meeting up in Quincy for Sunday lunch. If I can overcome the last 10% I'll see y'all there. Don't get me wrong. This sounds like a great ride. My S.O. is nearly pushing me out the door. I think it's being doped up on antihistamines that's preventing me from fully committing.

At any rate, my apologies for chiming in so late. Hope to see everyone soon.

Mark

To cofirm the meeting place for monday morning in Woodland is A.- Costco or B.- Jack in the box / Shell gas station next to J.I.B

Thanks for the confusion Gfran