Highway 36 and down the coast!!!!!! May 10-11-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2299 Bronze Star Dr., off I-5 & Rd. 102
Click for map to Woodland Costco.
For whatever reason the link is taking forever to load tonight, so.....

If you're headed North on I-5, take the off-ramp for Rd. 102. It comes to a signal (not a cloverleaf) where you'll turn left over I-5 to another signal for the Southbound off ramp. Continue through that signal and Bronze Star is actually the parking lot roadway into the shopping center (Costco & Best Buy are the 2 large tenants). Once you enter the shopping center, Costco is in the far left corner.

There are easier places to meet around that off ramp, like the Jack In The Box and Shell gas Station @ Road 102 & Main St. (100 yds. North of the off ramp).

So guys here are the address's you will need.
Lunch on Sunday, I would say we will be there around noon.

Morning Thunder Cafe

557 Lawrence St

Quincy, CA 95971

(530) 283-1310
For those who don't know, if the parking is limited in front of the restaurant (and it can be) there is a parking lot directly across the street (a bank or office complex that's closed on the weekends).

Last edited by a moderator:
2299 Bronze Star Dr., off I-5 & Rd. 102
Click for map to Woodland Costco.
For whatever reason the link is taking forever to load tonight, so.....

If you're headed North on I-5, take the off-ramp for Rd. 102. It comes to a signal (not a cloverleaf) where you'll turn left over I-5 to another signal for the Southbound off ramp. Continue through that signal and Bronze Star is actually the parking lot roadway into the shopping center (Costco & Best Buy are the 2 large tenants). Once you enter the shopping center, Costco is in the far left corner.

There are easier places to meet around that off ramp, like the Jack In The Box and Shell gas Station @ Road 102 & Main St. (100 yds. North of the off ramp).

Morning Thunder Cafe

557 Lawrence St

Quincy, CA 95971

(530) 283-1310
For those who don't know, if the parking is limited in front of the restaurant (and it can be) there is a parking lot directly across the street (a bank or office complex that's closed on the weekends).
Thanks Mike

R

Works for me. Those places should even be open, making it all the more practical.

Morning Thunder Cafe

557 Lawrence St

Quincy, CA 95971

(530) 283-1310
Thanks Mike

R
Lawrence Street is a "one-way", 2 lane street in front of the cafe.

For those coming uphill from the Feather River Canyon on Hwy 70, you'll actually be on Crescent Street. Once you pass the 76 station and Lawrence Street on your left, there's a driveway on the left that enters the parking lot through an archway. If you miss that you'll have to go around the block and come back to the cafe (L-Main, L-Bradley, L- Lawrence).

Works for me. Those places should even be open, making it all the more practical.
They're both "24 hour" (though Jack In The Box may be 24 hour drive-through). The Shell is a mini-mart type so coffee, hot cocoa and snack foods are available.

To get back on the highway you'll have to exit the far side (or rear) of the station and take the side street to Main, then left on Rd. 102 to the right hand off ramp to I-5 North. It's really easier than I sound trying to explain it.

Richard, I'm a pretty certain "IN" to join you guys in Red Bluff on Sunday night. (And no, I'm NOT buying all the drinks.)

Planning to go up the coast on Sunday, east across 299, and then down to Red Bluff.

I attended that Lee Parks Total Control Riding Clinic on Saturday, and I'm looking forward to a long weekend on roads that aren't straight.

Worry not though. I'll still be the slowest of the bunch I'm sure. (But I'll get plenty of photos of everyone's tail lights.)

It should be a fine day of motorcycling, and it'll be great seeing you guys.

Hey Guys, Since my boss is going to be gone next week, and the

fill in is a certified Adam Henry, I have taken a vacation day on

Monday, I am going to get up early, ride east on 36, and hang out

at the Mad River Burger Bar, just west of the Ruth Lake Rd, then

if I can get you'all to slow down enough, say hi, and then putt with

Old Michael on down to 101. :dribble:

FWFE

Hey Ed......

you ride sooooooooo slow, OM may be in front of you.. ;> .....

anyway....... this is a great bunch of guys.... and it will be good to see ya again......

B

that looks to be 90 miles, so if we leave Red Bluff at 8am we should be there between 11 and 11.30. Does that sound about right?

R

Brian, looking forward to it!!

Diceman, factoring in logging trucks, pot growers, Caltrans, Piss Fir Willies,

lost tourists, and the long haul trucker taking a short cut, frequent incontenance

breaks for the likes of Brian and OM, 11:00-11:30 even Noon, Beautiful Downtown

Mad River is one hopping place, You don't lose your girl friend in Mad River,

you just lose your turn...

FWFE

Not for me this time, stars not in alignment.

A favor asked to the group?

:****: Run a missing man formation somewhere on 36 for Tim? :****:

Hugs n Kisses