How many significant others ride their own bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Penguin

Silver Penguin
Reaction score
It has been interesting to read about forum members ages, and solo vs pillion riding. Here's a new question;

Does your significant other ride? own a bike? plans to learn 'someday'? or steals your FJR when your back is turned?

I'm the FJR rider in my household but my husband has been riding since we met, over 30 years ago. The only time we ever ride two up is when taking one bike in to the repair shop.

We each have a touring bike, a dual sport and a dirt bike. He also has a cruiser and a project bike.

My imaginary long-legged sweet-temperament blond S/O does. I dream about riding the Sierras, Hwy 1 on our street bikes and exploring dirt roads on our dual sports.

Does this count? :rolleyes:

[SIZE=8pt]Sorry for the hijack. I could have resisted but chose not to.....[/SIZE] B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine does...

Busa004.jpg

Nope, never has, never will. Hasn't been on the back of one of my bikes in 12 years. She has no desire. May try to give her a ride on the FJR, but I'm not holding my breath. Waitin' for my son or daughters to get old enough so we can ride together. Course, they're 6 and under, so I'll be waitin' a while.

Mine rides her own bike............She has a Kawasaki Versys, which I steal when she's not on it.....great bike !!!!!!!

My wife rides her own Shadow 600. I had her this close () to taking my FJR last fall so I could upgrade to a Gen2 when she found out she was pregnant. DOH!

She hasn't ridden it in about 3 months and wont until after the baby is born but she loves it. I just need to get her a windscreen so she can enjoy the long rides but she doesnt want to upgrade anymore. No windscreen made for a long ride to EOM last year though.

My wife is just learning. She's starting on the Honda, but once she has a few thousand miles, we will upgrade her to something more suitable for distance. I need a reason to buy another bike (and build another garage.)

28241644537256467509156.jpg

used to be a pillion s/o, then became a riding s/o, now...I'm not an s/o

My wife rides once in a while. She used to ride my old Kawasaki H1 quite a bit, but that was years ago. These days we have a '84 Midnight Maxim that she rides once or twice a year. I'm thinking about selling that old cruiser and getting her something newer, like an FZ6 or SV650. I think she'll ride more often if she had a bike that was more fun. She and I are both terrible as pillion so we never ride together on one bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
That don't sound good...You OK? :dntknw:
It's not good. It's *incredibly* bad as a matter of fact and no, I'm not good. :(

Her boyfriend in Boulder, CO called the cops on me on Saturday.... :(

So....yeah....
hey Shawn

I'm little advice help (no experience to draw on per se') but others can be more better

but I'm a good listener and encourager

we care and share or vent whenever you want

we're here for ya, bud

somebody chanted to me a long time ago, and I have come to believe it big time:

"shared joy is double, shared pain is half"

Best to ya,

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'