I Asked Corbin About the Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen it on an '06 (at Americade) and if there was any difference, my eyes could not tell.

The lock they provide is NOT the same as the ones on the rest of the bike, but if you ask a lockmith nicely, he could probably change out the cylinder and key it to accept your Yamaha key.

:blink: Just was wondering if all of you folks that have purchased a smuggler from Corbin for a 06' FJR (Cobalt Blue) would be able to say without reservation that the color is a spot on match to the blue on the rest of the motorcycle.
I know you all have stated that it is very well finished and fits perfectly.

How do they get the lock to work with the ignition, bag key that is specific to each motorcycle?

The price is somewhat breathtaking, but considering the low number of units they will probably sell and the number of hours it takes to manufacture and finish it, it's not as exhorbitant as what Boeing charges us for a compartment door on our 737's, 757's, 767's, and 777's.

Thanks for your time and consideration!!!

Scott

The color is spot on.

More pic's here https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=9567

Now I seem to need more and more storage, and don't use the back seat much at all, and don't like top cases.
This is the same reason I went with a Smuggler. I don't like top cases... I need some extra storage and I rarely carry a passenger.

Well, if that is the only criteria for you guys, what about the following option:

Clicky Here

Not as pretty, but a hell of a lot cheaper and holds more stuff too. And still retain your passenger seat just in case you come across Cindy Crawford broken down on the side of the road and she needs a lift.*

* Hey, it could happen.

I have to agree w/ Jestal, the Smuggler is a quality piece and compliments the FJR nicely. My color match was extremely poor, and after 3 tries got a settlement to have it color matched and sprayed locally. Even with that hassle, I'b buy another one. same for the heated seat, very comfortable. As for the group buy concept, I tried it when they were about to be released, but Corbin was not interested.