If you had to move to a ideal place

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to move, I want to stay right where I am. In east central Iowa in the middle of corn field country. Now how in the heck do you draw a picture on this forum of a tongue in a cheek.

Mac

I've changed my mind. I'm moving in with Scab.
Cool. But bring your own toilet paper.
Scabby does that reply mean that you think Mr. Ashe is full of sh)*^t.

Did you notice that your post there was #1708 and you're also member#1708,cool.

A little off topic,but had to respond there.

I vote for western n.c. or e. tenn. both beautiful places to visit and live.

[SIZE=12pt]Believe it or not - Mt. Dora or Clermont, FL up to South Ocala. Oak trees, hills and Lexington-like horse farms! Lots cooler than NC in the summer believe it or not. [/SIZE]

my disability retirment and s/s just came in moving in late june to moorisville nc . 90 minutes from the smokies and 3 1/2 hrs from the shore ( for the wife ) my kids are mad as HELL

[SIZE=12pt]Believe it or not - Mt. Dora or Clermont, FL up to South Ocala. Oak trees, hills and Lexington-like horse farms! Lots cooler than NC in the summer believe it or not. [/SIZE]
All true but dont think it compares to the mountain twisties where you can also escape the heat with elevation.

Welcome!, PM me and we"ll hook up for a ride. PS large caps mean you are yelling.

All true but dont think it compares to the mountain twisties where you can also escape the heat with elevation.

Welcome!, PM me and we"ll hook up for a ride. PS large caps mean you are yelling.
I don't see any large caps? :huh:

If I could move anywhere I think I would move to San Luis Obispo, CA. A job at Cal Poly Tech would be sweet.

For now my job keeps me in CT which is beautiful in the spring, summer, and autumn but winter is kind of a drag.

If I could move anywhere I think I would move to San Luis Obispo, CA. A job at Cal Poly Tech would be sweet.For now my job keeps me in CT which is beautiful in the spring, summer, and autumn but winter is kind of a drag.
I left Windsor in '96. You remember '96? 10' of snow '96? California rocks except for vegans and gas prices and cost of property and cost of living and Birkenstock's and 'marine layer' and traffic and... well, you get the idea. ;)

I did.

Moved from NY to San Diego.

but I can name almost 50 states that I would enjoy riding in.

I did. Moved from NY to San Diego.

but I can name almost 50 states that I would enjoy riding in.

I moved here and didn't realize how great it was for about ten years...now it's a difficult thing to consider living anywhere else. I figure there is a reason there are too many people in California....people like me that want nothing more than to move home find out why so many people .......... don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would retire right where I live now. Oh wait I did.

It fits my life to a T.

Very little snow in the winter, I road every month last winter. If I want to ski, 20 minutes away.

Some of the best 4x4, off road trails in the world here. Moab is also 100 miles.

Fishing, hunting, kayaking, you name it.

Motor sports of all types.

Never did like the bar scene.

I have been to places out here where you may not see a person for days.

Twisties, it is Colorado's western slope. 15 minutes I am in the start of 1000's of miles of them.

Kerrville, Tx. Yes...Kerrville, Tx. :)
Well, Kerrville is certainly nice. In the middle of the Texs Hill Country that offers good riding. Reasonable temps year around, just a tad hot in the summer though.

Living in San Antonio I ride the Hill Country all the time and can say it's year around riding, but most don't ride much in the summer because of the heat. And as usual, civilization is encroaching further and further into the Hill Country causing it to be more crowded by the year.

My perfect place would be the Bay area of central California or just north of there. Napa would be good. It has it's draw backs, but for motorcycle riding it offers mild temps all year and some of the best scenery you can ride is within easy reach anytime you want with an abundance of roads to ride.