I'm PISSED !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NWS anyone?

Ya think?.......taken care of.

Second time the Man of Shit for Brains has done that today.

:angry2:

Yo CK! You trying to test your warn meter? See #1 of the Forum Guidleines.
OK, what is NWS and the warn meter? (Just read #1. Too late, but now I know.)

Too deep for a guy with S for brains. And by the way, ever heard the story about living in glass houses and throwing rocks? (not ment to be a personal attach) I'll check the photos you check the language. OK?

I just read #1 of the rules. I ask you to reivew #6. enough said.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It will be the last tiem.

CK

That is one thing that surprised me when I finally got my 2006.

When I put the sidestand down it felt so very wimpy with a loose/easy feeling.

I am always leary of it and I make sure I pull back so it is cammed over when I do set it on it side stand.

Both my 2001 Suzuki TLR and my 1980 Suzuki GS1000 (recently sold) have much heavier duty sidestands. Both would put the FJR's sidestand to shame and both of these bike are considerably lighter than the FJR.

I love the bike but I don't understand why they went so cheap on the MFG'ing of this simple piece.

Too deep for a guy with S for brains. And by the way, ever heard the story about living in glass houses and throwing rocks? (not ment to be a personal attach) I'll check the photos you check the language. OK?

CK

Don't pick a fight you can't win. Kryptonite is my middle name.

Me? Review #6?

How bouts you go back and review #s 1, 5, and 7.

I'll expect a 3 page report summarizing your findings in the morning.............

Last edited by a moderator:

CK

Don't pick a fight you can't win. Kryptonite is my middle name.

Me? Review #6?

How bouts you go back and review #s 1, 5, and 7.

I'll expect a 3 page report summarizing your findings in the morning.............
Kryptonite, christ, you don't fight fair. AND I don't respect anyone who does fight fair! I give up if I can skip the report. I can give you a one world synopsis----"DON'T". OK, Boss?

I was "blessed" by three years on a BMW K1200LT that also is famous for the kickstand flop. I'm so used to rolling forward in first before putting th stand down that I don't even think about it now. Too bad they can't get the locking mechanism from HD. So simple: weight on, stand locked. Weight off, stand unlocked. Duh.

Geez....I leave for half a day and everything goes to hell. Someone got a basket to sell me?

My 06' just fell over this morning after I put the stand down in my driveway. The thing is, I've seen this tendency to kiss the ground whether or not the kick stand is down or up. Ultimately I am the one to blame for the two times in 6 months that this thing has dropped. But, in 40 years of riding and owning bikes I've never had one hit the ground as easily as this one does. I was just thinking about my other scooter in the garage that I've been riding for 6 years. Its never been down and I ride it and treat it a whole lot more aggresively than I do the FJR.

When I get home I'll start putting together a list of parts I'll need to repair the damage. From what I've heard, there's not much that can be done to clean up the scratches on the left side engine crankcase cover. Any advice or references that can be provided are appreciated.

Damn, onlyblue... opening up this sore after a 6 month reprieve ..... :p

Moving this interminable thread to its proper forum.... :rolleyes:

Geez....I leave for six months and someone reopens the thread......

I'm taking mine back to the dealer, definitly got a defect here, and if mama yama don't fix it. I'm goina raise HE double hockey sticks. I mean Ive had this bike since May of 06 and 17,000 miles. It's never dropped or fallen off its side stand. :glare:

I don't know, it doesn't seem complicated. Ya know, once you get that whole gravity thing figured out...

Leave the bike in first gear, put the stand down, get off holding the brake, give it a little shimmy, it it moves, grab the brake again and try again.

-BD

Geez....I leave for six months and someone reopens the thread......
That was a good one I thought. Someone gave Odot an opening and he slammed it.

May this thread self-destruct. What happened to Fred H?? :eek: