(In)Tech day IV Rescheduled May 20, 21 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Bob… If I get creative I can ride an SS1k there OR get really creative and do a BBG there. Sounds like fun either way and I can scout out traffic patterns and timing

for my July ride up to start a "Sunrise to Sunset" over to SWFOG/NAFO.

If yer doing forks, I have a JustRoy-made custom-manufactured fork seal driver thingamabob. He perma-loaned it to me at EOM.
Maybe RaYzerman or 'fitter can speak up to how well it worked at our last Tech Day.

I can send it to you, Bob.
It's a great piece of design and workmanship, that requires removal of the rubber fork protectors to use it. Our current tools work well too and require no transport issues/cost if I go, but maybe FYB has a set of his own too.

If yer doing forks, I have a JustRoy-made custom-manufactured fork seal driver thingamabob. He perma-loaned it to me at EOM.
Maybe RaYzerman or 'fitter can speak up to how well it worked at our last Tech Day.

I can send it to you, Bob.
Thanks, but I bought the OEM tools.

Hoping I can make it just to say hey. Posting up and subscribing to the thread.
I am likely going to make it up to Bob's, myself. Drop a message if you plan to go. Maybe we can ride together.... you know... me being a proud Norfolkian & all.... we're neighbors!

Bob, if I hunt down that starter can you still hook me up with installation? It was supposed to be from a low mileage bike. I still plan to have it cleaned & bench tested before it is installed.

May 6, 7 & 8th? So... You're saying that the doors will be open for business on the 6th? If so, I'll be there with a smile on my face after breakfast on the 6th and make a weekend out of it. :)

May 6, 7 & 8th? So... You're saying that the doors will be open for business on the 6th? If so, I'll be there with a smile on my face after breakfast on the 6th and make a weekend out of it.
smile.png
Come on up. If you get there Friday afternoon you can help me clean the garage!
punk.gif

Hoping I can make it just to say hey. Posting up and subscribing to the thread.
I am likely going to make it up to Bob's, myself. Drop a message if you plan to go. Maybe we can ride together.... you know... me being a proud Norfolkian & all.... we're neighbors!
Sounds like a plan, but I'll likely just run up on Saturday.

I absolutely will! Learning how to service my forks will be well worth it. I've done a lot more for a lot less.
smile.png
I will have everything squared away well beforehand. If both you and Ray are here Friday we can get a head start on yours.

I'm in. Maybe I'll need to change a tire by then.
wink.png
Guess I have to get that changer mounted properly!

See post 44 https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/166274-tech-day-xii/page-2

In that thread I posted up an excellent instructional video on how to properly bore out and fit an oversize piston in a motorcycle engine. Trust me, the video should be watched by all Tech Day participants whether they are mechanical or not. Well worth it, you'll see why as you get well into it.

Gotta bail of the tech day, Bob. Even with that much advance warning the FAA will almost always screw shit up. Gotta go to a mandatory two week thing in Dallas/Fort Worth airport in that timeframe. Just dropped the bike off at a shop that will do my forks for me. Guess I've have to learn how to do that next time. Let me know when your next one is.

Gotta bail of the tech day, Bob. Even with that much advance warning the FAA will almost always screw shit up. Gotta go to a mandatory two week thing in Dallas/Fort Worth airport in that timeframe. Just dropped the bike off at a shop that will do my forks for me. Guess I've have to learn how to do that next time. Let me know when your next one is.
Sorry to hear that. Next one will likely be next May unless there is demand for one in the fall.