Insurance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GMAC full coverage is $326 for 12 months. They go by years with a motorcycle license. I've had mine 16 years.

$465.00 a year with Dairy Land. (coll,comp. & liab.)

Buck

Dls.TX

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found out that my $320/yr insurance in Missouri is going to DOUBLE when i move to Arizona... <_< State Farm, BTW :angry2:

Just looked into the insurance for my "new to me" 07 FJR. I have been riding for 27 years, absolutely clean record. My current bike insurance company (who also insures my cars and house) quoted me $2340 for full coverage per year with a $5000 deductible and were serious when they asked me if I would like to sign up. 2nd quote from another company quoted $1870 per year and had the nerve to tell me that they really do not make any money selling bike insurance. I finally signed up with Primmum at $856/year for full coverage..... We are getting soooo hosed in Ontario..... My brother in law rides year round in Dallas, TX and pays only $86/year (granted it is only a 750....but still). I was paying $80/year in 1982 on a 1981 Honda Hawk CB400!

Wow, the insurance lobby must be powerful in Canada. The FJR is $362/yr and the SV is $287/yr. Year round full coverage with Allstate-$500 deductible. I also insure my house and 2 cars with them. My policy renews in Nov and these rates could change considering I totalled my first FJR in June. We'll see.

1,300 a year for full coverage with TD insurance. Flipping banks!
I was quoted $991.00 with TD just yesterday. I was with Jevco/Kingsway but they bumped me from $1071 to $1401 for no apparent reason. I'm going to Rider's Plus (Echilon) for $937.00 and I live in Hamilton (second worst place in ON) You might want to ask again.

Ontarians... the land of bend over and take it!!!!! Especially when it comes to Insurance..

Bike: $1200 a year ($1000 deductible)

Car: $1600 a year ($1000 deductlbe)

House: $540 a year ($1000 deductible)

$3340 in insurance per year.... Been paying approx that for the past 12 years of my life... $40 080 in total... ZERO claims... :unsure: (couldn't find a crying emoticon)

Cheapest I found in Ontario was State Farm with multiple line discounts. Everyone wanted $1850 from me... I was able to get it down to $1200 with state farm. Word on the street is they are the cheapest when it comes to bikes when you include your house and cars.

Might I add this is with a CLEAN driving record :clapping: Forget it if you have 1 ticket or an accident...

We are taking one for the team BIG TIME!!!! on a second note, we are getting hosed on gas too... Yeah us!!!

Hockey makes up for it I guess....

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to these insurance quotes.

I've been with Progressive via USAA since I came back to riding two years ago.

I bought my '08 new last November, and kept my Ninja 250.

I have 300/300/100 liability on both, and collision and comprehensive on the FJR.

My March 15 renewal notice from Progressive quoted $1550/yr for both bikes :uhoh: .

I immediately called the Gecko, who quoted $950/yr for the same coverage. I was astonished at the huge difference!

car insurance is with aarp hartford (they dont do motorcycles). but thru foremost who aarp has some arrangement I guess they do. here is what i pay. I have 2 bikes, an 08 fjr ae and a 07 yamaha vstar 1300. both with $500k combined single limit liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist with same coverage. no comp/collision. i ride like an old man, which i guess i am. pay $311 for the vstar and $210 for the fjr. total $521 annual premium. I only ride for pleasure and am the only rider. the better half blows hot air in my ear as we ride. 59 years old and from western washington. squeakiy clean driving/riding record..forever i think, well the past 40 years anyway.

alot of uninsured/underinsured car drivers out there. recommend the uninsured/underinsured as high as you can afford. your wife/family will appreciate it in an accident as they push your lifeless body around in the wheelchair and have to wipe the drool off your chin and change your diaper.

i am guessing that age, number of bikes, driving record and where you are from are the major factors. got a recent quote from dairyland when i bought the fjr. they wanted over $600/yr for the fjr alone. go figure. but their number on the vstar was a little less, but still in total way, way more than foremost. it pays to shop around I guess.

Just did some insurance shopping.

60+ yrs old, no accidents/claims/citations in over 10yrs, excellent credit, etc.

Progressive......... $ 940.00

Allstate............... $ 770.00

Geico.................. $ 360.00

I've already got Geico, so I'll stick with them.

Only good thing that came from this is I also got quotes on my old Taco. Had liability only with Geico. For an extra $28.00 per year I've upgraded to full comprehensive including towing, rentals, etc. The agent was trying to dissuade me from comprehensive insurance on an older vehicle because: 'it would cost too much compared to the worth of the truck.'

No, that's not the case. They've simply been screwing me since I dropped the comprehensive 8 years ago. :p

I pay about $500 for full coverage per year on my 06AE. Surprisingly, my CBR600RR was about $100 cheaper, even though it's generally ridden in a much more agressive manner (not by me of course).

I have towing coverage through my AMA membership which is about $35/year. To get the same through AAA ran about $150/year (upgrade to Gold membership, then add "RV" coverage).

AMA is a great deal and working hard to keep us on the road when most lawmakers would like to see motorcycles banned.

Full coverage 100/300/50 with 500 deductibles on Comp & Coll with farkle coverage and roadside assistance = 346/yr

NorCal, 33yo, no tickets/accidents.

Mine comes out to about $54.00/month for full coverage with Geico. I have my auto insurance through USAA, however they don't offer MC insurance. Their partner company is Progressive, and even with the 'discounted' member rate, they still wanted $116.00/month.
I have USAA for my car ins as well, and your right about the MC insurance with USAA, however I went to Culver Ins. and got the same progressive drive ins on the bike for a third of what progressive quoted me through USAA. 600/yr 250$ deductables. Now I dont' know if they insure out of CA, but it is worth a shot!

https://culverins.net/ (I think that is the site, but the fed govt won't let me look at it, but at least they let me see this forum.

I'm sure everyone will hate me, but I pay under $160/year for each of my bikes with State Farm (also have auto and home insured with them...and have been with them for years and years).

UPDATE: This is full coverage, comprehensive/collision, 250k bodily injury per person/500k per accident/100k property damage; $1000 deductible (Colorado)

About $700 a year full coverage through Progressive (as a previous USAA MC policy holder). Of course that's in Hawaii where everything costs a fortune.

300 a year with Allstate. Just changed all my insurance from USAA and saved a boat load of money. Which was a first in 10 years of being with them. I was paying almost 600 a year with GMAC and Progessive would have been 373.