Irritants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that irritates me is when Iggy sends me a warning for posting something like this, "knowing how badly they drive, can you imagine how badly they vote." Iggy, consider me self-warned. Motorcycle

I just luv the drivers that try to sneak up on traffic lights, they see a red light and begin to slow down, slower, slower, slower, slowest. All the time hoping the light will turn green before they have to stop. I'm hoping the light will turn green before I have to start duck walking this big heavy sucker, or get rear ended.

How about riding in the rain, staying dry because of the fairing and windshield. And coming up on a construction site. Why does the effing flagman has to make me stop and be the first to wait? I have since cured this problem with proper gear, but it was annoying to say the least.

How about riding in the rain, staying dry because of the fairing and windshield. And coming up on a construction site. Why does the effing flagman has to make me stop and be the first to wait? I have since cured this problem with proper gear, but it was annoying to say the least.
Odd. Up here, the flaggers seem to like riders. I've had many occasions where I've come up on a construction site and had the flagger wave me through, and stop the car behind me. I had one last year that flipped the "slow" over to "stop", then waved me through and pointed to the car behind me to stop lol It seems like common sense to me -- Hop on the radio and say "The motorcycle is the last of 'em", and the guy on the other end has a clear indication of where the line ends.

...but yes, having to sit (for whatever reason) in the rain is an irritant.

Irritant: Waiting a week and a half for my limited-edition Blade Runner Blaster (no longer in production and bought significantly under current market price). Only to have it arrive when I'm out of town. My wife courteously took it in from the porch and put it where I'd find it. Inspection shows it NRA NiB quality. I'm pumped about it. The irritation was that I had to wait until I got back to town for the unboxing.

eb2170f58d09e5c79a490824a3aa9861.jpg

Made just like the "hero" original with a Charter Arms Bulldog revolver and a Steyr-Manlicher receiver.

The worst: slow in the curves, like 10 or 15 under the limit, then speed up to 10-over on the straights. You can't pass without begging for your license to be suspended.
I'll sometimes pass these guys while they're still in a left-hand corner going really slow. I just stay to the right in my lane to see down the straight, and as soon as I can determine that it's clear I'll get a gear, turn into the left lane, and shoot by. Since they're still turning and nearly stopped, I can be by in a few seconds without having to do triple digits. I choose lefts because I have clear line of sight. It doesn't work so well in rights. ;)

Odd. Up here, the flaggers seem to like riders...
Evil flag man in Vermont.

IMG_9205sm-1.jpg

He swung the flag at head level at Fred W and his wife as they went by him, fortunately he missed. He did manage to stop us and the rest of the ride behind me. Then he proceed to poison the air telling me about his own personal brand of honor and righteousness and why all us riders had to sit in the broiling sun for no other good reason.

==============================================================

On my way to work, I got to follow a creep going 25-30 mph in a 40 zone for 12 miles. Then right at the entrance to the 6 lane highway he pulled over and waved me past. Thanks! I have to allow 50 minutes for a 25 minute ride due to people that drive like this most days a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're in a line behind 10 vehicles on a two laner. You begin a rise and a passing lane opens up on the right. The sign reads, pretty clearly, "slower traffic keep right." Suddenly, there's no "slower" traffic.
Or there's still plenty of slower traffic, but they take both lanes.

Creepers:

Someone ahead of you is pulling up to a redlight, either crosswalk or vehicle ahead of them, and stops anywhere from 20'-100' from where they should stop. Then, they'll creep up ever so slowly to the front, sometimes stopping along the way. These people need to be bitch-slapped, on a daily basis, as far as I'm concerned. :spiteful:

Creepers:Someone ahead of you is pulling up to a redlight, either crosswalk or vehicle ahead of them, and stops anywhere from 20'-100' from where they should stop. Then, they'll creep up ever so slowly to the front, sometimes stopping along the way. These people need to be bitch-slapped, on a daily basis, as far as I'm concerned.
spiteful.gif
I'll remove my foot from the throttle on my car when I see the light in front of me change but won't hit my brakes until just before I actually have to stop. If people start hitting their brakes a half block away that's frustrating.

My wife and I stopped behind a couple a few weeks back that had stopped so far back the traffic light sensors couldn't find them. I didn't want to sit there honking the horn, so I just squeezed through on the right and made a right on red. For all I know, they're still sitting there.
rolleyes_zpskdjo7r7g.gif

See, I am from the Chicago area...originally. We learned that the horn sometimes is the most effective means of communicating to someone that they are not paying attention to the world around them.

Dangerous here in the Sawth though...sometimes.

See, I am from the Chicago area...originally. We learned that the horn sometimes is the most effective means of communicating to someone that they are not paying attention to the world around them.
Dangerous here in the Sawth though...sometimes.
Well, I'll toot the horn if someone's sleeping through a green light, for instance. But in this case, the light was red, staying red, they were clueless why, and I figured the horn would just confuse them more
lol_zpsfd3ahpbp.gif

My wife and I stopped behind a couple a few weeks back that had stopped so far back the traffic light sensors couldn't find them.
We see that all the time around here. It wasn't the case years ago but there are so many of them now it's as if some instructor is having a private joke at the expense of everyone else.

Many MANY bad drivers out there.

I've seen this a few times. Stop at a green light???? WTF. Color blind?? red at top green at bottom.

Creatures of habit, only know 1 way to get anywhere. Take a wrong turn lost forever.

Rolling road blocks 10 or more HD riders. SLOW everywhere, turns?? A few have skills.

Cage drivers think their car is fast, you can't pass ME. FLASH of Galaxy blue is all they see.

After riding across many states to/from a Rally, I return home to MN to find ALL of the 'left lane lurkers'!!! I read somewhere that MN has the highest % of LLL, so I believe it!

My solution (after waiting patiently, flash or 2, maybe even a honk) is to pass on the right w/ a HIGHLY REFLECTIVE SIGN ON THE BACK OF MY HELMET THAT SAYS 'KEEP RIGHT' (ASSHOLE) !!!

Nope, you're all wrong. It's the asshats that camp in the left land and aren't passing anyone. Left lane pass, merge back to right lane, it's a simple concept that no one knows.
+1 If this law was enforced you can bet stupid accidents would be significantly reduced & traffic would flow 10 fold better.
I read Washington state is enforcing this. Any car in the left lane not passing is getting pulled over for "impending traffic".

We have signs here on roads that clearly say "slower traffic stay right" and "left lane for passing only". But there's appearently hundreds of drivers that don't understand this.
There is enforcement but there are so many other violations that the WSP has a hard time dealing with them. Latest emphasis on the freeways I travel seems to be for HOV lane violations. i.e. only the driver and no passengers with a car in the HOV lane reserved for vehicles with more than one occupant. A couple of weeks ago there was a special enforcement zone north of Everett and a good number of speeding citations were given as surprise presents.

Boy, LJ's reminded me of another one. It's not too bad of an issue here in my part of Cali where most roads are pretty flat, but when there's any kind of an incline, you'll be riding along some pretty empty highway at the upper limit of not-quite-getting-a-ticket, and you're drawing closer to a pair of semis in a little mini-convoy. And just a few seconds before you're really passing them, but close enough that you have to hit the brakes, the second guy, who wants to go a half-mile and hour faster than the first one, pulls out in front of you. And takes about six minutes to pass truck one, inch by painful inch. Even here, where lane splitting is legal, there are some times you'd better not even think about it.
Damn, guy, if you'd just waited about five more seconds . . .
angry01.gif
Just came back from a drive down to Foresthill, CA (lots of good roads in that area for touring and I think I have to ride down next spring ) to visit my sister. Ran into a lot of the semis doing exactly that maneuver in the multitude of construction areas in Oregon. I wasn't in a huge hurry but I was trying to maintain a consistent throttle to get an idea of the best mileage I could eke out of my '08 Altima 2.5s. First road trip in it. MI to Grants Pass, OR came in at 34.57 mpg which I thought was pretty good. Avg speed once I got on the freeway was still close to 60 mph for that segment according to the Garmin.