John Ryan Attempts "Ultimate Coast to Coast"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GOAL, SCORE. Congratulations John

IMG_00212-1.jpg

I just spoke to John. Unofficial time is 86 hours 31 minutes and he already thinking of how to shave off a few hours for the next one. Congrats on SHATTERING the record!
Thank you for this most official of unofficial information! That puts it at 9 hours and 30 minutes better than the previous record.

And congrats to John from the good folks at FJRForum!

congratulation_graphics_2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

Enjoy taking more time on the ride back home!

All I know is that server is going to be toast after this event. It's been trying to update for over 10 minutes now.

I just spoke to John. Unofficial time is 86 hours 31 minutes and he already thinking of how to shave off a few hours for the next one. Congrats on SHATTERING the record!

Average speed of 63.9 MPH, give or take depending on the final actual mileage. Who needs to speed????

This was really something! I enjoyed following John this afternoon. Kinda makes my 4500 mile 10 1/2 day trip a couple weeks ago look like a walk in the park :dribble:

Huge congrats to John Ryan.. and has made me think of the psychology of doing something like this.. it... boggles my mind to think of it. Subject for another thread though.

Definite congratulations to John. While it is a sick special individual that engages in such folly, he has proven once and for all...

[SIZE=18pt]The Bass Boat Blue FJRs are the fastest damn sport touring bikes on the planet!!! [/SIZE] :yahoo: :yahoo:

...and yeah, I just got back from Boston, and I missed the magic moment... <_<

[SIZE=18pt]The Bass Boat Blue FJRs are the fastest .....[/SIZE]
[foreheadslap]

No, No.....[SIZE=14pt]NO[/SIZE]!

[/foreheslap]

Once again...it's not about speed. 64 mph is not fast. It's about sitting in the saddle for a long time....each day....for multiple days. It's about a bike that has good fuel economy, is comfortable for long distance to keep fatigue down, and the latest year of the Gen I's reduce glare the most of any color. I'd wager he never broke a ton the whole ride.

It should be........

[SIZE=18pt]The Bass Boat Blue FJRs are the best long-distance sport touring bikes on the planet!!! [/SIZE] :yahoo: :yahoo:

Unbelievable!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And to think that we normally try to keep our 7-8 day, two-up rides to about 250 miles a day (if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy). But then again, the other riders in our group are on Harleys and to them, 45 minutes on the bike is a long time. And hitting 85 passing a car gives them about all the excitement they can handle!!!

Congrats again John.....[SIZE=12pt]You are SUPERMAN[/SIZE]!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Nothing I can add so I'll just pile on the CONGRATS to John on this unbelievable accomplishment!!!! :fans:

and on an FJR to boot! We can ride even prouder today boys... (if that's possible) :coolsmiley03:

Wow, puts me in my place. Reminds me of when I put down my #2 pencil on my unfinished SAT exam only to look at the answer sheet of a far smarter friend. He not only had time to shade in all the holes with what I had no doubt was far greater accuracy then me, but had drawn several dozen beautiful knights on horseback with lances piercing the dark circles.

Congrats superman!