Just great...Shoei comes out with a new helmet!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and speaking of new Shoei helmets...here is the latest... https://www.shoei-helmets.com/Helmet.aspx?GT-Air&h=22&t=1

...SHOEI’s first internal sun shield-equipped full-face helmet

The new GT-Air
GT-Air_Wanderer_TC-5.jpg

MSRP ranges from $549 to $679

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Anybody have any (knowledgeable) comments on the optical quality of the drop down sunscreen on the NEO? Optical clarity is a BFD to me as the new generation of low profile light bars on cop cars is a lot harder to spot at a distance than the old fashioned “gumball dispensers”. I (briefly) had one of the early generation HJC SY-MAX’s and the sunscreen was so optically deplorable that I wouldn’t be able to spot a cop car if I ran into it.

And with the light having to make its way through the shield, a pin-lock, and the sunscreen on the NEO, a guy has to wonder.
I am anal when it comes to clarity on my sunglasses or my helmet visors. One little scratch, and I tend to buy a new shield. I can tell you that the Neotec sun visor, pinlock insert, and shield are very very good. You would hard pressed to find better clarity,and if you choose to procure one, I am confident you will be happy with it.
Just what I wanted to hear!

Thanks Bro.

AK

I do wish the sun visor would come down further though