Let's go to Arkansas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. I'm new on this board coming from the Concours world but this ride sounds good. I've been wanting to get back up to that area before it cools off too much. Haven't been on the Pig Trail in quite a while. I'm not a new rider, just new to the Feejer (2006 "A" model purchased from Tony at Texarkana Power Sports). I'm up in the Lewisville area if anyone wants to go for a ride in this area.

welcome foggy! glad your gonna join us! keep an eye on the DFW thread for local rides. more will be coming when the heat lets up, i'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone. I'm new on this board coming from the Concours world but this ride sounds good. I've been wanting to get back up to that area before it cools off too much. Haven't been on the Pig Trail in quite a while. I'm not a new rider, just new to the Feejer (2006 "A" model purchased from Tony at Texarkana Power Sports). I'm up in the Lewisville area if anyone wants to go for a ride in this area.
Welcome foggy...

Post up in the new members section so everybody can welcome you..and fill out profile if it ain't done already.

Congrats on your new FJR.

hey foggy, there will be at least 2 of us from Texarkana going up on that weekend. So if you want to meet up and make it 3, that would be great. As far as riding any other time I dont ride much other than back and forth to work, it being so hot doesn't make it much fun.

Is there any kind of schedule or preferred routes yet? I would like to ride up Thursday afternoon, ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Go home on Monday. 3 - 400-500 +/- mile round trips sound good to me, I'm not much for messin around and hangin around like the HD guys if you know what I mean. I guess most everyones on FJR's and I assume if you own one you like to ride like you own one.

I hope knowbody takes this the wrong way, just wanting to make the most of my time.

so i'll be on the CB.
looks like i need to use the Nolan for this trip then, too (CB). i don't have the ff helmet wired for sounce.

Is there any kind of schedule or preferred routes yet? I would like to ride up Thursday afternoon, ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Go home on Monday. 3 - 400-500 +/- mile round trips sound good to me, I'm not much for messin around and hangin around like the HD guys if you know what I mean. I guess most everyones on FJR's and I assume if you own one you like to ride like you own one.I hope knowbody takes this the wrong way, just wanting to make the most of my time.
i don't know if a fixed route up there (or local routes even) have been discussed. i need to set down and do some planning. we could bee-line it on the slab to get there sooner and spend more time in the area, or take secondary roads and eat up about an extra 3rd of the day getting there. what's everyone preference?

Since I don't fly back into town until Thursday evenings, I really couldn't head out until Friday morning. I'd be pretty much ready to go at O'dark thirty. As far as coming back, I'd be with the Sunday crowd.

FJRchick,

I am a maybe at this time- so put me on the list and keep me informed of what y'all decide and when its time to "put up or shut up." :p

John

will do john. i'll get a recap list up on monday and start calling motels this coming week.

Bounce, my vote for getting there would be take take secondary roads and enjoy the trip up there, but I can slab it if that's the preference.

I'm going to go ahead and put in an order for my frs/gmrs radio stuff then.

well, since it looks like no one wants to stay til monday, i'd like to get to Mena as quick as possible, so we could spend some afternoon time riding west into OK on the Talimena Scenic Dr. (hwy 1). after that we could continue heading northeast to Russellville taking whatever curvy roads Bounce or anyone else knows. then that gives us all day saturday to take care of the NW area.

does that float anyone else's boat?

Bee lining to Mena, hitting the Skyline drive (east to west) then taking 259 N where the scenic drive T's at the visitors center on the west side of the hill?

Then cut back into AR on OK59/AR270 (the sister road to Skyline drive).

270 to 71 N

71 to 28 E

28 to 27 N

27 to Russellville

just a suggestion and open for other routes

270 to 71 n

71 n to 270 e

270 to 88 e

88 to 27 n

27 to 298 e

298 to 7 n

7 to russellville

there's lots of stuff for the next day too

OK, guys here's the list of attendees and maybes (from what I can tell of your posts):

Confirmed:

fjrchik

Bounce

FJR1300

dbx

fjrrider +1 friend

mbottoms

TejasFJR

FJRayJ

foggy

Maybe:

vagabond

Nosecone

bmwhd - couldn't tell from your post if your in for sure or not

GalaxyBlue

GPRIDER

FantasticJohnR

Hotboot

Does this look accurate to y'all?? Any of u maybe's wanna confirm (or deny)? Because at this point we have as many yes's as we do maybe's and that might make it tougher for me to find a place (needing 9 or 10 rooms vs 16 or 17). I get that vagabond and nosecone have SWFOG and may have to make a last minute decision. But can the rest of you figure it out by Friday? Hope so ~ Thanks! :D