Military FJR Owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retired Marine here too. 21 years on both coasts and all over the world. Also have a son (Marine 1st Lt) stationed at Camp Lejeune on his way back to Iraq for his second tour.

USN 1989 - 1998

Electronics Tech USS Florida SSBN 728 Blue Crew Bangor WA

Good times, GREAT training. Glad I'm not doing it anymore though. The civilian world pays WAY better. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Active duty Army Colonel....and an 06 waiter! Currently the Deputy Command Surgeon at US CENTCOM. My FJR is due in May...I'll be in the desert the latter half of the year, so I have to get as much riding in as possible this Sring and Summer! :D

Active duty Army Colonel....and an 06 waiter! Currently the Deputy Command Surgeon at US CENTCOM. My FJR is due in May...I'll be in the desert the latter half of the year, so I have to get as much riding in as possible this Sring and Summer! :D
I see this was your first post here. Welcome to the FJRForum! There is a lot of good stuff on this board once you filter through all my smart ass comments ;)

Thanks for the welcome! I've been considering the FJR for a coupla years...but finally decided to pull the trigger this year, mostly due to the 06 improvements. I'm coming to the FJR from mostly cruisers, although I currently own an 04 Goldwing and an 03 Harley Electra Glide Classic. I'm a little worried about the seating position on the FJR tho...and my feet being locked in one position.

Regarding being a military FJR owner, I'm proud to be on board this forum. I attended a military funeral this morning in New Port Richey Florida for a 23 year old Sergeant who was killed in Iraq on 28 March. I rode with the Patriot Guard. It was very moving. Thanks to all of you other vets, past and present for your service!!

1-26 IN, 1st ID (PL, XO) 99-02 (KFOR1A)

2-325 AIR, 82d ABN DIV (S4, CO CDR) 02-05 (OIF 1, OIF 2)

NTC (OC, G3 Planner) 05-present

Up until this past February, I was Infantry. Now, I'm a Foreign Area Officer (FAO) and will begin training in May07 up in Monterey, CA. I'm still working at the National Training Center (NTC) in Ft. Irwin, CA as a G3 maneuver planner until then.

Bought my 2001 FJR in Germany, when I was an LT and managed to bring it here without any hassle (lucky). Unfortunately, over two years of deployments has negatively affected how much mileage I could put on her!

Like some others here, I have been the recipient of selfless giving by proud patriots on this board. While on my second trip to Iraq, I ordered a set of the Wilburs front springs from Mosul. Warchild, once he figured it out, canceled my order and bought them himself and then mailed the springs to me once I redeployed. Later, while on my PCS move to CA, Liquidsilver helped with some expenses (traffic accident that destroyed my car) courtesy of donated money from "Proud Patriots," an organization that his wife is actively involved with. Neither of these was solicited, but both were greatly appreciated.

Sorry to seemingly derail the thread, but I like to talk about their generosity whenever I get the chance... plus... it kind of has to do with the military... B)

Jim.

USN Dec '95-Present

STG1(SW) getting ready to transfer to the Momsen stationed in Everett, WA after 3 years of recruiting. Man that is a miserable job.

Just under 10 years till I start collecting retirement. Never heard anyone say that they were sorry that they stayed for 20 but I've heard plenty say they wish that they had.

AD Air Force Stationed @ Malmstrom AFB, MT... for now. Been here 11 years (3rd duty station)
Great Falls, my hometown. Sister still lives there. I get back about every 3-5 years for a visit. How did you manage to stay there for 11 years? :eek:

front_horz_pre_sz125_qt80.jpg

Navy '71 - '86

UDT/Naked Warriors

USS America CVA66

Norfolk,Newport,Coronado,Subic Bay PI,RVN Delta

and several places with no names

AD Air Force Stationed @ Malmstrom AFB, MT... for now.  Been here 11 years (3rd duty station)
Great Falls, my hometown. Sister still lives there. I get back about every 3-5 years for a visit. How did you manage to stay there for 11 years? :eek:
I work missiles... and not as a cop. Not a lot of options, although it looks like I'm headed for Cali this fall. In fact, I think I'm going to do WFO on the way out as part of the move. Hmm... the government is going to pay for my trip to WFO... that's kewl! :bleh:

Geez... Hope I'm doing this right.

Army since '74. Currently in Iraq(again). Have an '04 waiting at home in the garage(again).

Does this mean I've gotta get an avatar?

Geez... Hope I'm doing this right.
Army since '74. Currently in Iraq(again). Have an '04 waiting at home in the garage(again).

Does this mean I've gotta get an avatar?
IAgeezer, welcome to the FJRForum! An avatar isn't needed, but something to help us remember you by would be nice! How about a picture of a M-1 Abrams, or one of the Army's huge LSV's? Hmm...If an LSV can hold 15 M-1's, how many FJRs could it hold???

USAF. Soon to be retired after 28 years of service.

Best duty station - Tyndall. 17 years old and Panama City Beach. Need I say more.

Second best - Pentagon.

Currently serving with the 148th Fighter Wing (F-16) in Duluth, MN.

..Army since '74. Currently in Iraq(again)...
IA,

Hey stay safe over there! Bring yourself and all your buddies home with you.

If you ever get to Wheaton, IL, FIRST beers on me! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
How far are you from Geneva? They've got a Rev'It! dealer there, and I'd like to check out the product.

I'll also try to post a couple of pictures of stuff over here, including my M 1114 Road Warrior. Most of the M-1s cruise up and down the highway looking for trouble.

How far are you from Geneva?
How far can a projectile land from an M1? Geneva is only a town or two away - 5 to 7 miles max. COME ON DOWN! :clap: :clap:

I'll also try to post a couple of pictures of stuff over here, including my M 1114 Road Warrior
That'd be great! :rolleyes:

Most of the M-1s cruise up and down the highway looking for trouble.
Do they ever find any? :eek: B)

I'll confirm with the Navigator when I get home, but it's either KC or Geneva if we're gonna look at Rev'It! stuff. Only bad thing about Iowa - bike shops are few, and small. But friendly.

Oh, do you know how to reduce pictures size? If I were smarter, I wouldn't have a gubmint job. :blink:

So....Duff....are you a spark-chaser, knuckle-dragger or butt-crack by trade?
Spark Chaser... originally small missiles though. Guess that makes me a wanna-be spark chaser. :huh: